IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So after reviewing all the latest B.S., a few questions come to mind....

1. What became/becomes of the supposed perfect Atari emulator built from the ground up? What was that even for if they have Atari Vault?
  2. Why won't any of their supposed demo material from outside E3 work on it if it was ever real to begin with?
  3. Who dumped 4 million shares of their Atari stock right before the news broke on both Rob quitting and not being paid, and Atari's own update where they acknowledge they're still not in production? Sure looks like insider trading there.
  4. Since they say nothing about games, can one even assume Atari Vault will run on the thing out of the box? That assumes anything ships, so might be irrelevent.
  5. Because they haven't even completed tooling, when would the actual earliest release be? It sure ain't December.
  6. Did Rob not get paid because he couldn't collect a check with his hands in his pants?
  7. Is that why someone call's it a shit show?

We need answers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, racerx said:

After the stock bloodbath today, an emergency press release was in order.  :lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-10-08/atari-october-8th-2019-brief-statement

That's bad. That's essentially a warning to their shareholder that they "may" not meet their prior stated goals. Those being make any money with the VCS or release it at all. It's also further evidence that something shady is going on with their stock transactions. I bet Fred is unloading some through one of his peeps or similar.

OCTOBER 8^th, 2019 BRIEF STATEMENT

Paris, France, October 8^th  2019 – This press  release is distributed  during 
the  trading  session  of   October  8,  2019   in  response  to   third-party 
communications.

Atari confirms that, as announced in  the press release of September 30,  2019 
and during the  General Meeting  of the  same day,  the ATARI  VCS project  is 
proceeding according  to  its previously  announced  schedule (see  the  press 
releases on https://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/en/press-releases/).

Atari  will  continue  to  communicate  accordingly,  as  the  stages  of  the 
industrial process continue to be completed.

The realization of the plans, and their operational budget and financing  plan 
remain inherently uncertain, and the non-realization of these assumptions  may 
impact their value.

This is information that Atari SA. is  obliged to make public pursuant to  the 
EU Market Abuse  Regulation. The  information was  submitted for  publication, 
through the agency of the contact persons set out above, on October 8^th, 2019
at 4:15pm CET.

Attachment

* CP 2019 10 08 Rumeur VCS EN DEF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JBerel said:

So after reviewing all the latest B.S., a few questions come to mind....

1. What became/becomes of the supposed perfect Atari emulator built from the ground up? What was that even for if they have Atari Vault?
  2. Why won't any of their supposed demo material from outside E3 work on it if it was ever real to begin with?
  3. Who dumped 4 million shares of their Atari stock right before the news broke on both Rob quitting and not being paid, and Atari's own update where they acknowledge they're still not in production? Sure looks like insider trading there.
  4. Since they say nothing about games, can one even assume Atari Vault will run on the thing out of the box? That assumes anything ships, so might be irrelevent.
  5. Because they haven't even completed tooling, when would the actual earliest release be? It sure ain't December.
  6. Did Rob not get paid because he couldn't collect a check with his hands in his pants?
  7. Is that why someone call's it a shit show?

We need answers.

8. Is this board 100% complete and since it's most likely not, who is going to finish it now since everyone knows they're not paying?

9. Why didn't they show the underside of the PCB?

10. Where's the full video of the molds being released? Are they being paid or did they withdraw just before release due to lack of payment?

11. Are there any exclusive games for it yet? Apologies, we already know the answer to this one. Carry on...

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JBerel said:

That's bad. That's essentially a warning to their shareholder that they "may" not meet their prior stated goals. Those being make any money with the VCS or release it at all. It's also further evidence that something shady is going on with their stock transactions. I bet Fred is unloading some through one of his peeps or similar.

It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

This may be the beginning of the fire sale I was suggesting a few days ago if the stock price went below €0.20.

3 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Either way, varying stages or not, none of the software can be installed on those particular units? Can't imagine why. Strange since it's not using anything proprietary and should at very least be compatible with the "other environments" it has supposedly been developed on. I'm calling bullshit.

Well, i am sure their "Proprietary Atari User Interface" compiles just fine under Paintshop ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.54.43 AM.png

I'm sure that losing your chief system architect & his company during one of the most important phases of the hardware's development was totally according to plan and will not result in any problems or delays whatsoever. Fine tuning! 

12 minutes ago, racerx said:

After the stock bloodbath today, an emergency press release was in order.  :lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-10-08/atari-october-8th-2019-brief-statement

Wait, why would you have a panic when you've laid waste to all of the TROLLS and HATERS with an incredible video showing an LED going on and off?

tenor.gif?itemid=4929595

• Haha 12

6 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

This may be the beginning of the fire sale I was suggesting a few days ago if the stock price went below €0.20.

At a minimum, they're getting hit with hard questions from their significant (not Pdubs) shareholders. I bet this thing is playing out on their stock now more than in the PR world, and that's exactly what Freddo didn't want. I suspect we're starting to see the death throws of this latest brand holder company. If this were a regulated company, rather than some trash OTC penny stock, I'd say there's a good chance Fred would get pinched for illegal activity. Not likely as he's sleazing across borders in unregulated trash markets.

Normally, unloading stock when it's down is a bad idea, but if anybody is damn fool enough to own shares in Atari still, unloading them ASAP is probably in order now.

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 7

...but,guis...

"But don’t worry: we have some good news for you. The Atari VCS was not a monumental waste of everyone’s time and trouble because we have it on good authority from several sources that the retro original Atari controller is actually good. When we spoke to Atari’s chief operating officer over a year ago, he proudly showed off the controller, and we liked it. But he couldn’t confirm whether it would work with any other games console. Or at all, in fact. But we understand that Atari accidentally did something right and has designed the controller with the twirly stick to work universally.

What’s more, if our sources are to be believed (and they may be biased) the controller – again, made by another third party, in this case PowerA – is responsive and fun to play with, even on other modern games consoles."

Still want a stick. Maybe, if I see one in a thrift...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AtariNerd said:

...but,guis...

"But don’t worry: we have some good news for you. The Atari VCS was not a monumental waste of everyone’s time and trouble because we have it on good authority from several sources that the retro original Atari controller is actually good. When we spoke to Atari’s chief operating officer over a year ago, he proudly showed off the controller, and we liked it. But he couldn’t confirm whether it would work with any other games console. Or at all, in fact. But we understand that Atari accidentally did something right and has designed the controller with the twirly stick to work universally.

What’s more, if our sources are to be believed (and they may be biased) the controller – again, made by another third party, in this case PowerA – is responsive and fun to play with, even on other modern games consoles."

Still want a stick. Maybe, if I see one in a thrift...

If the stick ends up bailing them out of this mess, it'll be a true Inspector Clouseau result for Fred and co.

• Like 5

Thinking about it, it's to their advantage to actually ship the hardware in December. Starts the clock ticking on their One Year Warranty.

December 2019 - Hardware not working correctly? Oh that's because you're not using Atari OS. You'll have to wait until March for that!

March 2020 - We're busy fulfilling our Pre-Orders, you'll have to wait until June before we can get around to producing the upgraded first production run boards. 

June 2020 - The Pre-Order hardware has an issue and we've busy working on a fix for them. But don't worry, these new fixes will be in your boards too!

December 2020 - The new Pre-Order board bugs have been fixed and shipped. Now we're ready to produce the upgraded first run boards. Oops...your warranty is over!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2