IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 minute ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Speaking of that, former Digital Eclipse guy putting a call out to devs with Atari SA horror stories. Curt is one, my friend that worked for Human Head is another, and there are many more. Very curious to see if anyone pipes up on this:

I especially like Curt as, in addition to being one of us, he's been completely consistent and open about this stupid thing from the very beginning. That's certainly the kind of person I'm going to listen to about all of this nonsense, and not some addled Atari "fan," or a PR firm / social media "team" who are struggling to cope. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, frankodragon said:

Now the ones that are "out" from the Farcebook postings are now considered trolls, according to the Werner dictatorship.

considered_trolls.jpg.d1c119bf8704cbc522fe04bdf8a7628a.jpg

As expected, Stefan ignores that for a 2nd time, Atari has lost the company making the thing for them, believes that a couple of props on a table qualifies as "production."

Sounds like someone in dire need of a vacation and some Xanax. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, JBerel said:

It's designed specifically to create the appearance that they have a working prototype model, when all they really have is a shitty fleshlight, er flashlight.

Related image

1 minute ago, Woulfe said:

BUT THE LIGHT, it goes on & it goes off, that has to be SOMETHING, right ?

;-)

2 freakin' years & we have basically... a light switch...

Yep, and here's the reason why I am legitimately asking: wording. That canned PR response to that farcical video only stated that those were "appearance models". If they were the display units shown off when the Register first started grilling them with that half-hour interview that they released the raw audio for, wouldn't they say so? 

"All David is referring to an old video of a battery-powered appearance model used for public appearances; it was inadvertantly included in the latest update, and was quickly removed as soon as the mistake was realized."

There, it's still a vague, neutral can of public relations damage control, but it would've clearly stated what they were actually used for. But... As always, leaving comments and updates up for interpretation until they're forced to make a response only makes their words untrustworthy at best.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

As expected, Stefan ignores that for a 2nd time, Atari has lost the company making the thing for them, believes that a couple of props on a table qualifies as "production."

Sounds like someone in dire need of a vacation and some Xanax. 

Stefan is easy to impress, a freaking light comes on " PROGRESS ! "

P. S. I can make a light go on with a potato... Does that make a potato a game machine ?

Edited by Woulfe
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I'm just concerned that this newfound NDA enforcement zeal on Atari SA's behalf may mean that we never learn why Rob's hands were always down the back of his pants.

For sure. 

As much as it's fun to see "Atari" stock price tumble by double digits, remember that just like Feargal before him, this guy is no hero. 

879583691_conmanrobwyatt.thumb.jpg.4fa56f0fd651c731d1eedc119bfdefe0.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

As much as it's fun to see "Atari" stock price tumble by double digits, remember that just like Feargal before him, this guy is no hero.

Agreed on both counts.  He's as deep into the sleaze as Fred and Mike.

That said, I am wondering if there wasn't a plan to basically throw Wyatt under the bus for any shipping delays, and his severing ties with Atari SA was a move to pre-empt that.  Granted, not being paid for six months of consulting services is a good enough reason on its own, but given what we're learning of Fred's ethics when it comes to finances I wouldn't be surprised if Chesnais was trying to get a free PCB design out of Wyatt, then hang him out to dry under threats of breaching his NDA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Woulfe said:

Stefan is easy to impress, a freaking light comes on " PROGRESS ! "

P. S. I can make a light go on with a potato... Does that make a potato a game machine ?

Well..  At least you can play games with a potato, and potatoes exist, so...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Inky said:

Well..  At least you can play games with a potato, and potatoes exist, so...

Can I charge $300.00 for a Potato game machine ?

;-)

P. S. Oh gotta pay extra for sour cream & chives, duh what was I thinking...

Edited by Woulfe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Geez, can this forum apply for a divorce from neo-atari? This new atari now daily gets more amazing in each layer of awfulness. I feel like I am watching a sequel to Inception. Stefan Werner's foul mouthed response to Johnathan Noddings is beyond redemption. 

I'm not advocating it, but if these guys got lynched I wouldn't be surprised.  I sense a major future documentary into the Atari Box that will rival any E.T. landfill ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seastalker said:

Geez, can this forum apply for a divorce from neo-atari? This new atari now daily gets more amazing in each layer of awfulness. I feel like I am watching a sequel to Inception. Stefan Werner's foul mouthed response to Johnathan Noddings is beyond redemption. 

I'm not advocating it, but if these guys got lynched I wouldn't be surprised.  I sense a major future documentary into the Atari Box that will rival any E.T. landfill ones.

I agree, I've never been any more embarassed by the brand name than I am now...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, seastalker said:

Geez, can this forum apply for a divorce from neo-atari? This new atari now daily gets more amazing in each layer of awfulness.

Oh, there's no mistake: we've been divorced from Atari for years now, we just decided to keep the name along with custody of the child and collecting alimony every month. There's a reason there is no "SA" to be found in this site's name, that's from their second marriage.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

For sure. 

879583691_conmanrobwyatt.thumb.jpg.4fa56f0fd651c731d1eedc119bfdefe0.jpg

There once was a man in France,
who had his hands down his pants.
Some day they'll see our glowing LED,
but without engineers, there's no chance.

(sorry, I had to)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11