IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

31 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

586186202_ScreenShot2019-10-09at5_30_35PM.thumb.png.d99f0699186db66966607d7740f83102.png

I know the answer is likely that I'm looking for reason where there is none, but what's this "6 month absence BEFORE quitting" comment about? I've not seen anything of that sort reported. The "6 month absence" I saw reported was a 6 month absence of payment by Atari, not a 6 month absence of work by Wyatt. Did I miss something?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

It's been a little quiet ...

39979630_ScreenShot2019-10-09at5_30_05PM.thumb.png.86a36968f3de7854232c3ea8d19222c9.png

586186202_ScreenShot2019-10-09at5_30_35PM.thumb.png.d99f0699186db66966607d7740f83102.png

2081698144_ScreenShot2019-10-09at5_30_49PM.thumb.png.1fe0585342530abdac2226a3e861181e.png

1022863546_ScreenShot2019-10-09at5_30_56PM.thumb.png.77e04f09cef42a050f074f796042b413.png

Russell's reply at the bottom is priceless.   He says that whenever Atari gives an update, Youtubers waste no time bad mouthing them. Well, when your "updates" consist of photoshopped controllers, games being played that don't exist, systems shown as being played on TV's with no cords, and general misinformation, or simply saying past updates are no longer applicable, how do you expect people to say anything positive?

If Atari wants positive reactions, they should show something in action, since surely this system will be shipping in 2 months, right?  And if not, it's time to come out and admit that.

And, when Atari goes around bragging they've got Wyatt onboard, and essentially using his name as a selling point, it absolutely is people's business if he no longer works there. 

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

I know the answer is likely that I'm looking for reason where there is none, but what's this "6 month absence BEFORE quitting" comment about? I've not seen anything of that sort reported. The "6 month absence" I saw reported was a 6 month absence of payment by Atari, not a 6 month absence of work by Wyatt. Did I miss something?

I think they are making assumptions that Wyatt was actually let go because he didn't deliver anything for 6 months ... read my earlier post this morning with the screenshots :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

I think it's rampant speculation and a convenient scapegoat for delays.

Tin Giant has 4 employees.  I doubt more than two are paid to sit around and remind Wyatt to pull his hands out of his pants.  So, maybe work could progress even while he had some downtime.  He was well enough by June to be in a seedy Atari hotel room across from CGE.

This is like trying to figure out which is the cleanest pig in the pen.  They're all muddy.  Wyatt is problematic.  Atari is problematic.  Using the term "problematic" is problematic.  There are no heroes here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Russell's reply at the bottom is priceless.   He says that whenever Atari gives an update, Youtubers waste no time bad mouthing them. Well, when your "updates" consist of photoshopped controllers, games being played that don't exist, systems shown as being played on TV's with no cords, and general misinformation, or simply saying past updates are no longer applicable, how do you expect people to say anything positive?

If Atari wants positive reactions, they should show something in action, since surely this system will be shipping in 2 months, right?  And if not, it's time to come out and admit that.

And, when Atari goes around bragging they've got Wyatt onboard, and essentially using his name as a selling point, it absolutely is people's business if he no longer works there. 

As much as I agree that Atari should show something in video, I suppose at this point doing so is kinda irrelevant now. 

In other words, if you want to know what the Atari VCS will look like in action, download yourself a live bootable USB image of Ubuntu 19.10, write it to a flash drive and boot it up in any PC-- there you go. LOL.

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I think it's rampant speculation and a convenient scapegoat for delays.

Tin Giant has 4 employees.  I doubt more than two are paid to sit around and remind Wyatt to pull his hands out of his pants.  So, maybe work could progress even while he had some downtime.  He was well enough by June to be in a seedy Atari hotel room across from CGE.

This is like trying to figure out which is the cleanest pig in the pen.  They're all muddy.  Wyatt is problematic.  Atari is problematic.  Using the term "problematic" is problematic.  There are no heroes here.

Hmmm.... Atari has 3 employees, Tin Giant has 4 employees..... What the hell dude xD

16 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

That would make a great T-shirt.  Atari. There are no heroes here.

noheroes.thumb.png.894f203ff5a1665a86b9759d367809f8.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Where did Kieren get that "Atari" only has 3 employees? Everything I've seen says they have 20. Is he confused by the names of the board members?

I'm not sure. There are at least 4 in the C-suite, a director, and a social media manager (not Uber). That's six right there.

4 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

How's that December shipment to backers looking?

If Atari delivers a link to their October Medium post of the VCS circuit board to the backers, would that still count as having "fulfilled" the orders?

Since that's the only thing they'll actually have seven weeks from now.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Historian said:

I'm not sure. There are at least 4 in the C-suite, a director, and a social media manager (not Uber). That's six right there.

There's a few YouTuber's saying Atari only has 3 employees. I'm not sure what the original source was either, but yeah..

53 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Lol, John Hancock's video. He actually mentions this thread too:

He mentioned the Retron77, which I never picked up because it was based on emulation and not actual hardware, even though you inserted real cartridges.

What was the verdict on the Retron77? Was it worth it, or did it have compatibility issues?

1 hour ago, Lodmot said:

As much as I agree that Atari should show something in video, I suppose at this point doing so is kinda irrelevant now. 

In other words, if you want to know what the Atari VCS will look like in action, download yourself a live bootable USB image of Ubuntu 19.10, write it to a flash drive and boot it up in any PC-- there you go. LOL.

Can it run anything? As much as I know that it should, I feel like there is a reason there has been no video of it. I think we are headed to a bunch of DOA backer units. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

The last few posts before Der Fuhrer locked the thread. 

39E8B06A-0864-4A49-991E-BD41199B94C8.png

05CA6224-DDA6-4947-B8FC-06826E4A316E.png

75043A90-796C-4202-B4CD-0FABE9F0078B.jpeg

So they just admitted that Fred could take a shit in every shell ship it to them and they'd love it. That's funny. Love how they were also all about it will be great because Rob is on it! Now they are like it will be great because he's a deadbeat and off it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So they just admitted that Fred could take a shit in every shell ship it to them and they'd love it. That's funny. Love how they were also all about it will be great because Rob is on it! Now they are like it will be great because he's a deadbeat and off it.

Just like any good cult, hate group or political group. Eventually, they end up eating their own :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, keithbk said:

He mentioned the Retron77, which I never picked up because it was based on emulation and not actual hardware, even though you inserted real cartridges.

What was the verdict on the Retron77? Was it worth it, or did it have compatibility issues?

As far as I've seen and heard, the Retron 77 is actually pretty good out of the box (I wouldn't know since my Atari collection is all digital), but of course some of us here decided to mod it and make firmware replacements. I believe the latest edition of the CFW made for it can actually run Stella 6.0.1.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, keithbk said:

Wow, if that is their attitude, I really don't want to have anything to do with them.

People like that sound like scam artists and when confronted, always say YOU are the problem.

A bit like a cult-leader convinced of his own godhood.

There's another supporter group. We should all join it and recruit it. I'm sure we can catch up with all the supporter banning they do. Lol.

• Haha 2

“WE DON’T CARE. We’re supporting it NO MATTER WHAT!!!”

There it is. That’s what it all boils down to. “Atari” could say “Hey we pooped in a box. $300, please.” And they’d buy it. “Atari” could say “With every purchase of a new Atari VCS, we’ll shoot a panda.” And they’d find a way to spin it positively.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

“WE DON’T CARE. We’re supporting it NO MATTER WHAT!!!”

There it is. That’s what it all boils down to. “Atari” could say “Hey we pooped in a box. $300, please.” And they’d buy it. “Atari” could say “With every purchase of a new Atari VCS, we’ll shoot a panda.” And they’d find a way to spin it positively.

Sorry, but that response sounds like a fake post by someone pretending to be a supporter.

It sounds to me like the people there have created an echo chamber, where "supporters" outweigh anyone "negative" or those "doubting." You have an employee post something, then under another account, someone pretending to be a "supporter" agrees with the original post. As soon as someone questions, the "supporter" (likely a paid employee of the social media company group) attacks that person, putting distance from the "official" poster, but achieving the desired result of making the person who questions the narrative appear to be a minority opinion.

Then you just delete that person (or drive them away) and it looks like you have all positive buzz.

2 hours ago, Lodmot said:

ok to be 100% realistic 

boot it on a 3 year old intel nuc HDMI computer on a stick and there you go, cause that's essentially the platform they have gone with, intel, amd whatever its something that's going to be nailed at 100% any time an application needs the cpu

you can do that just fine if you have dedicated software, see phone's and current closed ecosphere devices like firestick or apple TV, but bubba aint going to download ubuntu frosty unicorn shit LTS off the web and have it run well

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 2