IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

5 hours ago, cybercylon said:

So what happens if I say your name three times in a mirror. An all expenses paid trip to a video games live concert? ?

I wish he would come back to St. Louis.  Saw it in 2008 and thought it was amazing!  Production 11 years later is probably even more awesome!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Y'know... if you say my name 3 times... I appear.

Especially if there are tacos on the menu.  Got any vegan ones?

:D

Those shoes must be bloody uncomfortable Tom!

rubyshoes.gif.32eefdd4ab60ecb8ccc7e52159feb499.gif

meanwhile.gif.bfed3520eb6068f925f470aa12767397.gif   

... at the Ataco IGG Jacuzzi, the usual suspects are once again affected by the bath salt fumes.  I think ole' Brandon has been in all day! ?

chat1.thumb.JPG.2cb9ef64470537cf755324d4c376aad4.JPGchat2.thumb.JPG.58709248f9296b2fd33efc2e25f8bd7f.JPG

iggjacuzzi.jpg.c1e8171f2abec1a007167c7f11798864.jpg

And ....... just saying.  

ban.png.5b39f34c0ffb7228bbe90497a39905fb.png

• Haha 4
  • Sad 5

Obvious observations are obvious:

1. Youtube is silly. Does the market really need all these gamer doodz reading out highlights from Kieren McCarthy's article about Atari VCS?

2. It's funny that all "Atari" has to say in response to everyone saying their thing is "doomed, in jeopardy, in trouble, dead!" is "Please stop watching and reading all the false and misleading narratives."

HA-ha! 

755643999_vcstube.thumb.jpg.26e2f4598f16ba358125f3d325edb45b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Obvious observations are obvious:

1. Youtube is silly. Does the market really need all these gamer doodz reading out highlights from Kieren McCarthy's article about Atari VCS?

2. It's funny that all "Atari" has to say in response to everyone saying their thing is "doomed, in jeopardy, in trouble, dead!" is "Please stop watching and reading all the false and misleading narratives."

HA-ha! 

755643999_vcstube.thumb.jpg.26e2f4598f16ba358125f3d325edb45b.jpg

Well a lot of these videos are directly made for the audiences that subscribe to them. Sure, like traditional network news shows and stations, they are in an exorbitance, but they have their audiences. I follow SpawnWave and the Immortal John Hancock, myself (they usually cover different topics around gaming, but each just had their own thoughts on the TacoBox debacle). Besides, let's be fair to Pat and Ian: they still owe a lot of you guys sandwiches! Though I think at this point, they should just host a taco party.

• Like 5

I don't know about the rest of you, but who has time to read?  I prefer to get all my news through these helpful YouTube news outlets who compile everybody else's reporting and reads it all out to me in the best amateur announcer voice.

In fact, I have a really nice news aggregater that pulls the best of these youtube feeds and provides a daily synopsis. It's not for everyone so I've placed it in the link below.

Spoiler

Image result for mr gumby gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Come on, some of these guys like Brandon Harris must be trolling. There's no way a logical, rational person thinks and says what he says with a straight face. 

Sadly, no.  Like I've been saying, almost everyone who supports this thing has some sort of mental health challenge.   I'm not trying to be funny, and it's a terrible thing to say.  But, if you look at the VCS supporters page, you'll see it's true.  

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Sadly, no.  Like I've been saying, almost everyone who supports this thing has some sort of mental health challenge.   I'm not trying to be funny, and it's a terrible thing to say.  But, if you look at the VCS supporters page, you'll see it's true.  

That's my view of about 95% of the people on the Interweb, actually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

That's my view of about 95% of the people on the Interweb, actually.

We're clearly in a giant virtual world 95% full of NPCs.  Convince me that these two posts aren't AI-created and that Atari blog posts aren't made by a corporate-speak word generator.  

corporate-bs.png

Naturally, we're all humans here

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

That's a certain kind of mind-blindness at play, that I've forgotten the expression for, where something that seems self-evident to the individual, must be known or decipherable to others and need only be described in a type of word-salad, that fits the frame of thought. It's a mirror to believing that what one perceives to be true, must be the true thoughts or intentions of others (though, of course, they can't possibly have the same aptitude to decipher the same of oneself), even if it might be a projection of ones own thinking and bias- the asymmetrical insight fallacy.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, OverMuch said:

"Qbert could have great color and move by move Gameplay that matches the graphics."

Holy FUCK. 

Wow.

Just...wow.

This can't be real.  It just...wow.

If these people had been around when the Odyssey2 was current, Magnavox would have sold a lot more units.  Phrases on the box like, "The Ultimate Computer Video Game System", "Sync-Sound Action", "True-Reality Synthesization", and "On-Screen Digital Readouts" would have been pure crack cocaine to them.

No, I'm not bagging on the Odyssey2.  It was my first system, and I still own it.  But Magnavox did go balls-out crazy with the hyperbole and exclamation marks on its (and its games') packaging.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, OverMuch said:

"Qbert could have great color and move by move Gameplay that matches the graphics."

Holy FUCK. 

Wow.

Just...wow.

This can't be real.  It just...wow.

I wonder what how he'd react to Totes the Goat. Sync-sound action! Mind blown!!

Jessie Scroggins 1 hour ago

Cant wait to play the 2011 version of Star Raiders on this !

Why the heck would anyone be excited about that? It was universally panned.

1574103086_Annotation2019-10-13160647.thumb.jpg.42f1cfbfc12d8aee6e25dd78b68c18ee.jpg

Here's an Atari-worthy review. 20/100

Star Raiders is doggerel: derivative, insubstantial tripe that fails to entertain on any level while simultaneously tarnishing the legacy of a classic Atari 800 game. I can't remember the last time I have played something so objectively bad, and Atari should be ashamed that they are actually receiving money for this.

Besides, it can run on a potato PC, nothing fancy required. An "Atari VCS" user would need an external hard drive and a Windows installation to run this. 

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon X2 4400+

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Radeon ATI Radeon HD 2600 or NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or faster. Other integrated graphics, such as the Intel G43/G45 Express, are not supported

DirectX®: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 500MB free

Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

Other: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for PC, Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, Logitech Gamepad F310/F510/F710

Star Raiders © 2011 Atari Interactive, Inc. All ri

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Come on, some of these guys like Brandon Harris must be trolling. There's no way a logical, rational person thinks and says what he says with a straight face. 

Brandon may have been mentioned in this regard earlier in the thread... ??

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AtariNerd said:

That's a certain kind of mind-blindness at play, that I've forgotten the expression for, where something that seems self-evident to the individual, must be known or decipherable to others and need only be described in a type of word-salad, that fits the frame of thought. It's a mirror to believing that what one perceives to be true, must be the true thoughts or intentions of others (though, of course, they can't possibly have the same aptitude to decipher the same of oneself), even if it might be a projection of ones own thinking and bias- the asymmetrical insight fallacy.

Agreed that that's part of it, but one thing that's been running through a lot of the commentary is that a decent chunk of the supporters seem to lack even a fundamental grasp of how certain technologies actually work.  The following are just the three most recent posts on the Indiegogo comments at the moment; there're many more examples if you go digging.

NwTLApu.png

Apart from the fact that the 2011 release of Star Raiders was almost universally considered terrible by game reviewers, it was released for the PS3, Xbox 360, and Windows platforms.  None of those are anything the Ataribollocks(tm) claims compatibility with out of the box, but if you're really itching to run Windows in sandbox mode, you could maybe make it happen, I guess.  Of course, why you'd want to wait to enjoy the suckage when you could do it today is beyond me, but then again I understand very little of what it is that's driving enthusiasm for this thing.

a15mzAl.png

Sure, if you rewrite all three of those games from scratch to use the hardware in the Ataribollocks(tm).  Or you could wait for someone to do that with homebrew versions that take advantage of modern hardware add-ons for the 2600.  At that point, though, you may as well just get a 2600 and whatever modern add-ons it takes to make that happen.

3L46Sr4.png

Yes, 'remake' is key here.  At that point, you're just playing a game written to run under Linux; it has no bearing on the original.

It breaks my brain sometimes trying to grasp how these folks view the planned features of that thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3