IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

The Saga So Far ( if we are living in the real world that is )

The Woz - And you are ?

Fred - I'm Fred Chestnuts, I own Atari 

( I'm not even gonna try to spell his name correctly, so there )

The Woz - That can't be right they died back in the 1990's

Fred - I bought the rights to Atari...

The Woz - You must of just bought The Atari Name, as it was deader then a door nail...

( and so forth and so on )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

jnUzymE.png

Translation:

N2HO2K4.jpg

RV8jhmi.png

At least John found his shirt. I don't know why he thought that shirtless video was a good idea, but he did delete it, so I guess even he finally figured out it was a bad idea. Unlike with the VCS.

On topic, I saw a taco shell commercial on TV the other day.

• Haha 9

Image result for everything is awesome

Everything is awesommmmmme, everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesommmmmme, when your product is put in a meme

Everything is awesommmmmmmme, everything is cool when you're part of a scam
Everything is awesommmmmmmmmmme, when you make all your backers eat Spam

• Haha 11

It's a damn shame johnphelan1979 can't find some sort of device that already exists that can handle his 3 + too reasons for backing this system. Can't think of any device that can

1 play tons of Atari games

2 play tons of retro games

3 play youtube videos

too play music on Spotify 

If anyone here can help him out that's also on that forum, please let him know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, Woulfe said:

I don't know why, but  this gif gives me the giggles, also The Woz looks like he's turning into Santa... Gee, wonder who'll get coal this year... 

I imagine Woz doing this every time Frodo tries to explain the VCS to him :)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, ColecoJoe said:

Exactly like that. But add some “bleep”, “blip”, “blop”, “bloop” sounds and you’re right on the money. 

The very thought of Industry Grandpa Steve Wozniak going 'Bleep" "Blip" "Blop" "Bloop" broke my brain, you sir win 1 Internet, use it wisely

• Like 2

So I want to make absolutely certain: is the supposed showing off of the AtacoBox happening today when the Woz is speaking? I want to see what Fred next pulls out of his ass and gets torn apart from how transparently fake and quarter-baked it is. I also want to see Steve's obvious reaction on top of that.

• Like 3

Remember this fun feature about what's in the bag Woz carries around? It's from 2012 but I suspect he's still packing a lot of tech. Not much use for "Atari VCS" in there, but if he added one to his collection at home, that shouldn't make Fred feel special. Just look at this ...

17t3pb8sle9t9jpg.jpg

Some mornings I open my email and I receive something incredible like this: the awesome contents of Steve Wozniak's backpack. What you see above (click to expand) is just his charging setup—there's even more! Here's Woz to explain it himself—J.

You might think this is abnormal for me but, to the contrary, it's customary.

Every extension cord and USB adapter and USB cable shown here I carry all the time in my backpack with a few exceptions:

• one Belkin AC tripler with dual USB I carry in my suitcase
• one dual USB adapter is from Janet's travel stuff
• Canon battery charger is carried in the camera bag
• firewire HD I carry in my suitcase
• Verizon 3G mifi adapter (standard micro USB screws up this mifi, have to use their awkward connecter)

Almost every USB cable is retractable.

Every device shown, I carry in my pockets or in my backpack all the time except:

• 2 iPhones, an iPod nano and an iPad belonging to Janet.

Some people ask how heavy my backpack is. There are a lot more things in my backpack including

• the AirPort Express and MacBook Pro 85W magsafe adapter, which are out of sight in this photo,
• bluetooth mouse,
• binoculars,
• projector connectors,
• multiple Gameboy Lights (a Gameboy sold in Japan but never in the U.S.),
• Gameboy link cables,
• plenty of foreign AC adapters,
• prism glasses for watching movies in bed,
• sunglasses,
• earplugs for concerts,
• Ultimate Ears UE18 earplugs for flights,
• Gameboy link cable,
• tons of pencils for pencil games on flights,
• tons of pens,
• tons of sharpies,
• tons of paint pens (signing),
• red-blue-purple-yellow-green laser pointers,
• credit cards,
• hotel cards,
• airline cards,
• hard rock card,
• medical cards,
• small accessories like olloclip iPhone lens adapter,
• Square,
• flash keys,
• flash media adapters,
• cigarette lighter dual USB adapter,
• audio doubler cable,
• iPad USB/SD Card adapters,
• toiletries for hotels,
• batteries of many types (AA, AAA, CR2, CR128, odder types for things like my bag beeper for locating my suitcase)
• eyedrops,
• $2 bill pads,
• pencil puzzles,
• itineraries for upcoming travel...

I usually say that my backpack weighs 50 pounds. I'm not sure but I have to carry it every step through airports. I'm sure that I'm shorter now than before and I don't walk as fast. Everything has its place in my backpack.

Sometimes TSA takes a long time unpacking it. A couple of times they asked me to take out everything electronic and I asked for seven bins, all of which I filled (only 2 half-size), plus my MacBook Pro, plus the bag. All of that through the X-ray machine. Then repack it.

Nothing in my backpack goes unused, although the bluetooth mouse is close.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

An Atari system built out of Legos????

What a great idea....

No, SERIOUSLY... I have an Atari Junior that has gone brittle (the plastic is just SHOT) and I never considered gutting it and rebuilding a case with Legos....

Edited by keithbk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, keithbk said:

An Atari system built out of Legos????

What a great idea....

14205290580_600b84eb97_z.jpg

It's been done a few times by people more articulate and obsessed than I. They each look rather fantastic when you image search "Atari 2600 Lego", though this one is undoubtedly the best, and they certainly make for interesting conversation pieces even if not functional.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, racerx said:

I hate when Mom and Dad fight.  ☹️

463927143_Screenshot_20191017-0810192.thumb.png.e2c610fa6b1e73a064d6c0a6430e1e10.png

I'm not certain what I want more at this point:

1)for the dumb box to never come out, and these guys keep a candle burning on the windowsill forever, waiting for it

2)for it to come out and be a massive disappointment, and these guys have to pretend it's a godsend

3)for it to come out, be a massive disappointment and the blinders finally come off

Well, we may as well chuck number 3 in the bin. :D

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, DurradonXylles said:

14205290580_600b84eb97_z.jpg

It's been done a few times by people more articulate and obsessed than I. They each look rather fantastic when you image search "Atari 2600 Lego", though this one is undoubtedly the best, and they certainly make for interesting conversation pieces even if not functional.

I now want to build a lifesized one to stick a Raspberry Pi in...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

-Cheddar is the only place reporting Chesnais is attending.

-AtariVCS has nothing about the conference today on Facebook and Instagram. On Twitter, only a retweet of a Cheddar post--and Reddit, a "Thank for sharing!" to someone for posting the Cheddar video.  Chesnais did announce he's headed out there.

-DesTechAZ has no live stream as far as I can tell.

Expect a big nothingburger for dinner tonight.  Or go get a taco.

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

-Cheddar is the only place reporting Chesnais is attending.

-AtariVCS has nothing about the conference today on Facebook and Instagram. On Twitter, only a retweet of a Cheddar post--and Reddit, a "Thank for sharing!" to someone for posting the Cheddar video.  Chesnais did announce he's headed out there.

-DesTechAZ has no live stream as far as I can tell.

Expect a big nothingburger for dinner tonight.  Or go get a taco.

See the source image

So he makes an announcement that sounds like he's showing his "unconsole" today, with the obvious implication that the development of it is much, MUCH further along than it truly is, and hoping this small amount of phony bologna PR buzz will help calm the waters with the negative press and pissed of backers.

I'm assuming what Fred wants as a reaction from his supporters: "Oh, he went to this event and showed off the VCS to a bunch of other business professionals! Would a con artist do that if they're trying to rip people off, you haters?!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dj_convoy said:

I'm not certain what I want more at this point:

1)for the dumb box to never come out, and these guys keep a candle burning on the windowsill forever, waiting for it

2)for it to come out and be a massive disappointment, and these guys have to pretend it's a godsend

3)for it to come out, be a massive disappointment and the blinders finally come off

Well, we may as well chuck number 3 in the bin. :D

Number 1.  I don't ever want this ride to end.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The only way to attend DesTechAZ is to purchase a sponsorship or corporate table. Sponsorships are limited. Please contact Merissa Rivera for details.

Welp....that counts Fred out. A room at the Motel 6 down the street won't get him an audience with Woz.

3dl9uf.jpg

• Haha 10