IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

16 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Maybe he bought a ticket?

If anything, a quick look at the conference schedule for today reinforces the idea that Fred's just there to shove his bawx under the nose of anyone unfortunate enough to look in his direction:

w3WkY0R.png

This whole day is a giant pile of nothing until 6pm.  No talks, no breakout areas, no networking spaces.  Nothing.  It literally appears as though the organisers ran out of scheduling slots on day 1 (which I'm still trying to figure out, given that their afternoon sessions looked like a bunch of sales pitches that could have been compressed or run on tracks independent of actual talks), had to stick the food & booze somewhere, and awkwardly pinned it onto the end of their much-vaunted extra day, which only exists to have somewhere to tack on the dinner & drinks.

I've co-founded and -organised conferences for 20 years at this point, and worked them for longer than that.  It's...  Odd, to say the least.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 7

On 10/16/2019 at 12:00 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Partial transcript; emphasis mine:

Chesnais: so, you'll see--you'll see. There's going to be a game.  It's gonna be bigger than any other game and this is why we love the industry. Because you can create and you can do stuff. 

That Fred! What a salesman!

Get 'em while supplies last...

fred-sez.thumb.jpg.6ea5b0df331f162a9bdfe1b8ae7b759b.jpg

because.thumb.jpg.cea29026ab4d39ab55d972c393cb6b71.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

If anything, a quick look at the conference schedule for today reinforces the idea that Fred's just there to shove his bawx under the nose of anyone unfortunate enough to look in his direction:

w3WkY0R.png

This whole day is a giant pile of nothing until 6pm.  No talks, no breakout areas, no networking spaces.  Nothing.  It literally appears as though the organisers ran out of scheduling slots on day 1 (which I'm still trying to figure out, given that their afternoon sessions looked like a bunch of sales pitches that could have been compressed or run on tracks independent of actual talks), had to stick the food & booze somewhere, and awkwardly pinned it onto the end of their much-vaunted extra day, which only exists to have somewhere to tack on the dinner & drinks.

I've co-founded and -organised conferences for 20 years at this point, and worked them for longer than that.  It's...  Odd, to say the least.

Well, it is Arizona's signature tech event. That about sums it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, majestyx said:

It's a damn shame johnphelan1979 can't find some sort of device that already exists that can handle his 3 + too reasons for backing this system. Can't think of any device that can

1 play tons of Atari games

2 play tons of retro games

3 play youtube videos

too play music on Spotify 

If anyone here can help him out that's also on that forum, please let him know.

Someone tell him to go talk to Atari Dude. I hear he has actually shown something to work.

10 hours ago, racerx said:

I hate when Mom and Dad fight.  ☹️

463927143_Screenshot_20191017-0810192.thumb.png.e2c610fa6b1e73a064d6c0a6430e1e10.png

Well that's what happens when you boot all the sane people. The sociopaths start attacking themselves. Wonder if Lucas' love of Atari is 'brqk3n'?

Geeze they are a sad and funny lot. And I mean funny in the saddest way possible. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Inky said:

FredWoz.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

I'm actually kinda curious who would win in a fight-- Fred or Steve. o u o

Fred kinda towers over Steve and looks a little more intimidating, but Steve can probably run over Fred with his motorcycle.

Hmm.  A Mortal Kombat spin off.  Instead of Fatalities, you get "Announcements"

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Inky said:

I guess the question now is, what was the outcome of the appearance?

Short of video surfacing, I don't think we'll ever really know.  My guess: Fred did a bunch of glad-handing with Woz and tried to make himself look better than he is by proximity to someone who actually has a clue.

If he really did try to pitch the Ataribollocks(tm) to Woz as part of this process, it's probably a safe bet that Woz looked at it, saw it for what it is, made a neutral-but-complimentary statement, and went on to discuss other subjects.

• Like 7