IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, Lodmot said:

Dang.... They deleted that comment in UNDER 30 minutes. 

Quality customer service response times right there.

They might want to delete the top post here as well.  It's going to be pretty awkward to have stuff like this floating around in January.

Screenshot_20191021-173221_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Google Stadia? If Atari didn't appear on the Apple Arcade, why would they want to be on the Stadia?

(The opposite question, whether Google would bother to have anthting to do with Atari, we already kind of know the answer to)

Speaking of Apple, they have Augmented Reality glasses in the works, apparently will ship Q1 2020. Perhaps it'll be a flop like all other AR glasses have been so far, but it's still a piece of hardware that is far superior to anything that Atari can make someone crap out with their meager $3m.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/apple-glasses-details-just-revealed-by-bloomberg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woulfe said:

It hasn't moved at all during all this time ? ;-)

Timeline.jpg

You know this is a good question. Do we think the board they showed is the first or second prototype? The only other hoard we've seen was that one they were testing in the garage which wasn't ever meant to go in the box.

I think if they were smart they would ship out their half baked boards in boxes by December. They use the backers as guinea pigs. Campaign is then complete, and either one of two things will happen. 1) It will be broken realize they can't fix it or improve. This leads to preorder cancellations to try and save face. Plus unlike the backers they really have no reason to feel like they have to fill preorders. Or

2) Backers still used as experiments. Many brick their unconsole in the process of trying to hack or whatever. Not all but those who do will not get replacements. One reason is they signed on as testers and Atari has stated that. If they hack it or mess something up in the open system it will be user error and not Atari's fault. This may lead to an improvement enough to ship out preorders. Preorders will probably be delayed due to testing and trying to work out kinks.

Either way. Working or not they proclaim successful campaign.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2

Better idea is to pull a fast one, make some empty VCS boxes with LED's and use it as a passthrough like the NeoGeoX. Then shove a 2600 AtariPlug-and-Play joystick into it and try to fool people into thinking there is something inside the box, by time someone takes it apart on youtube Fred can make his getaway...
Also tweak the UI to say "Connecting to the Atari Online store" Server Down try again later...

This might sound Coleco Chameleon -ish but still better than nothing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Someone is feeling hypocritical tonight. Unless these beliefs come from the church of Atari. If they do definitely don't drink the Kool Aid.

Screenshot_20191021-201334_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2408710b5d3611000e9531f0e3c89792.jpg

Speaking of the church of Atari. I hear these are the vestments for their church leaders...

Screenshot_20191021-201853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb40361c118525732d53a4b872646908.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Phantom_of_Krankor said:

I can’t believe they haven’t posted an update on how great it was holding Woz hostage on stage and making him look at their design models.

Had that conference appearance with the showroom model accomplished anything, like Woz saying how good/great/not vaporware it looked, or even convincing ol' Steve invest some capital into a company that previously ripped him off five grand, we certainly would've heard something by now. With how things are looking Atari would be jumping on any positive press they have, especially with their PR UberStrategists pulling stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:
8 hours ago, Lodmot said:

Dang.... They deleted that comment in UNDER 30 minutes. 

Quality customer service response times right there.

So they jumped right on deleting the comment, but they have nothing new to say. 

Not a good look to be erasing valid questions. 

It's never a good look, but Atari SA and their crack PR team has been nothing if not tactless. Expecting them to handle critical comments or legitimate concerns in any reasonable fashion (y'know, like consummate professionals?) is like asking a bucket of water to evaporate: they'll eventually do it, but only under enough heat and pressure.

• Like 6

Why does Atari need a PR agency? They already gots da money and it is too late to cancel the orders.
It is sort of like if I won the 500 million power ball, then hired a PR agency to help me with my "image" in the neighbourhood I always lived in, when I could just simply buy every singe house on all the streets at 2x the market value & walk around naked because I now own it. My point is that Atari holds a monopoly on the Vapor-ware retro console market, thus you dont need to worry about public image :)

I like the fact that they making a cost-effective version so that it can be more easily available at a lower cost, removing RAM & software features that never existed xD They are so sweet and considerate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCAT said:

Why does Atari need a PR agency? They already gots da money and it is too late to cancel the orders.
It is sort of like if I won the 500 million power ball, then hired a PR agency to help me with my "image" in the neighbourhood I always lived in, when I could just simply buy every singe house on all the streets at 2x the market value & walk around naked because I now own it. My point is that Atari holds a monopoly on the Vapor-ware retro console market, thus you dont need to worry about public image :)

I like the fact that they making a cost-effective version so that it can be more easily available at a lower cost, removing RAM & software features that never existed xD They are so sweet and considerate.

I guess they need a PR agency to convince other companies this is a promising project and to buy them out.  Ironic when you consider how much damage their PR "strategy" has caused. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Someone is feeling hypocritical tonight. Unless these beliefs come from the church of Atari. If they do definitely don't drink the Kool Aid.

Screenshot_20191021-201334_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2408710b5d3611000e9531f0e3c89792.jpg

Speaking of the church of Atari. I hear these are the vestments for their church leaders...

Screenshot_20191021-201853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb40361c118525732d53a4b872646908.jpg

he feels very... strongly about this, i think. ;)

• Like 6