IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Just trying to make a distinction between positivity and negativity. The whole 'we vs I' thing doesn't make sense. Here let us try....

I think James will get a product. I am happy that he is okay with throwing his money away. We are angry that AA talks about tacos they are trolls. Yup that second one is definitely more negative. The pigeons should probably stop getting angry at us having fun. The negative attitude is bad for their health. Tacos are always good though.

…… and that is exactly why I responded to him with this:

image.thumb.png.7473641b0bee1fd2c52dce5f543955f8.png

LOL

… also, I just want to add that we are happy that Atari reminded us just how nice tacos (and sushi ;) ) are, and I highly doubt the VCS will succeed... 

Huh.. James' logic didn't work. Weird...

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 2

On October 25, 2019 at 5:15 AM, Tickled_Pink said:

THAT is exactly the point of this thread.

People often buy Nike because of the brand. But Nike have built up the brand by generally creating something worth buying on a consistent basis. The Atari brand hasn't made anything worth buying for almost 30 years.

Although my daughter might have a different opinion as she used to love this game:

MyHorseandMe2.jpg.550cdbb8244ec99ffce050ac2d08824d.jpg

Nope. Still haven't made anything worth buying for almost 30 years.

RCT 2 & 3 were pretty good, tho they were created by outside developers.

Well, the new Call of Duty game is an absolute dumpster fire, and I regret spending 60 bucks on it.  The only consolation I have is that I didn't waste 400 bucks on a console that will never come out.

I really hope Jedi Fallen Order gets this taste out of my mouth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverMuch said:

Been holding off until I read some reviews I can trust.  What's wrong w/ it?

The maps are ridiculously large, and chock full of camping spots.  The time to kill is a lot lower than BO4, which is fine, but the fact they replaced the minimap with the odd ball compass makes figuring out where the enemy fire is coming from a lot harder.

It feels more like Battlefield than COD.  Which could be a positive to some people, I guess.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 9:18 PM, Lodmot said:

I'm surprised the controllers don't really get mentioned that often-- what about those? o u o

I saw this video on YouTube from CNET where you can actually see both the modern controller and joystick working, at least to some extent. This was taken back in like June:

Keep in mind, this shouldn't be a confidence builder to anyone. Remember, they need to make at least several thousand of these.

But, this could at least show that the controllers are in a functional state. I also was able to match up the Missile Command gameplay with the person's hand movements on the joystick (though he could just be doing it in sync with the footage for all we know).

Just thought it was kinda interesting.

The best part of that video is where they show Borderlands 2 (released in 2012) running at a super smooth 12 frames a second on the lowest graphical setting.  Really gives you hope about running modern games.....

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

So is this thing still coming out? I heard something about them losing the lead engineer?

something may come out, but consider that this thread has been running since 2017 and now up to "mear moments" until already delayed 3 times release ... I wouldn't ignore the burgers on the BBQ 

and no I would not say engineer, I would say architect, aka the putz that makes it look pretty, not the sap that has to make that design actually work 

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3