IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I fail to understand (and I'm sure some of you will try to explain), why people rush to get the first run of any electronic product which will almost surely have bugs and other issues that will be found by these early adopters. I do have a bit of understanding of those wanting first or limited edition runs (i.e. IGG backers), but why pre-order from Walmart or GameStop which AFAIK aren't limited editions? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In the '60s and '70's, those Pan Am bags (square with blue background and white lettering) were the required book bags for all the kids. A few lucky kids were the standouts with their Northwest Orient or JAL bags! I don't remember if there were United bags, but if there were, they were few and far between and not as cool as the Northwest Orient or JAL ones. 

Edit: Looking at the Pan Am site, they didn't have shoulder straps like those shown. They had bag handles only (if they did have shoulder straps, not one every used them). And they were durable too! I was allotted two per school year by my parents and we'd use them to play toss and as baseball bases among other things!

Edited by lingyi
  • Like 5

On 11/1/2019 at 11:37 PM, MrBeefy said:

So any talented homebrewers working on a taco game? We are nearing 1000 pages and need a way to celebrate.

I had one in the works a few months ago then said to myself AtariSA doesn't deserve my time and effort. Think i still have the early early WIP on my HDD somewhere. Might pick it up sometime down the track, actually had a quick look and found it.... There you go, a very early dev tacobox2600.bin

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, lingyi said:

In the '60s and '70's, those Pan Am bags (square with blue background and white lettering) were the required book bags for all the kids. A few lucky kids were the standouts with their Northwest Orient or JAL bags! I don't remember if there were United bags, but if there were, they were few and far between and not as cool as the Northwest Orient or JAL ones.

9c1vbv_bnd7_m.jpg

• Like 4

^^^ and the same people that reply to Emails telling them that a great great great great great great old relative left them a Castle in England in a will, but they need to Email them $500 in iTunes gift cards so that they can buy all the big band music collections to pipe through the walls to rid the castle of haunted ghosts.
I mean I would have simply called the 1984 Ghostbusters or the Scooby Doo gang, but hey, that is just me.

• Like 5