IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

How long does it take them to type up a freakin blog post that they constantly have time to promote the fact they are working on it for days or weeks ahead of time? Could it be that they are simply blowing smoke up everyone's asses to cover for the fact they can't provide updates as they repeatedly promise, all while laughing their asses off at anyone dumb enough to believe them? Naw, I'm sure they'll have a great update later today.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Last time, they "accidentally" (which means they were caught) used pictures of battery-powered mockups. Maybe they're message testing it with the Official Atari VCS Fan Club* prior to wide release.

Fan Club Motto: "You Can't Prove It's a Scam!"

Stay tuned! Thanks for your patience guys!

*NO GURLS ALLOWED

• Like 3

Back on topic, I've only ever had standard taco shells - anyone got a killer recipe for those soft wrap-style tacos? I don't believe they're really a thing here like they are in the US. 

Also, that anyone thinks Atari has the leadtime to get their taco holder out by the end of the year is laughable.

They haven't even had regulatory sign-offs yet let alone the plethora of other hurdles they have yet to overcome.

Even a company such as Apple couldn't (easily) go from prototype to finished product and completed distribution in two months. 

• Like 3

1436087125_ScreenShot2019-11-07at11_37_34AM.thumb.png.7a81687e438e0f3fb33378563b986c56.png

Anyone care to hazard some guesses as to what they'll get? Here are mine:

The delivery date: delayed into "early 2020" with no satisfying reasons provided as to why. 

Software development kit: Heh. They'll dodge, and just say that you can use whatever you want so long as it would run on Ubuntu. 

Gameplay: Atari 2600 again. Only games from "Atari Vault." Vague promises of other exciting things to come. 

Famous Industry Partner: Something old, preferably laughably irrelevant. Since Warner Brothers once owned Atari, and they now own this character, put my money on Adam West's Batman '66. "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Atari-Bat-Bomb.thumb.png.5a6be58cad51967a7726c403fcb818ca.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

On 11/6/2019 at 1:35 AM, JaqenHghar said:

OK, WTH is this?

Capture.PNG.910346f19a71165825c0ad5126a01bcc.PNG

Is this some sort of Ministry of Truth retcon to position the Raspberry Pi as an Atari product, thereby calling the VCS "mission accomplished"?!

I mean there was an Atari computer in T2 and it was cool, but this ain't it. :?

Probably didn't even know the name of the damned thing.

How can you search for someone else's images to rip off if you don't know what to search for?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

The delivery date: delayed into "early 2020" with no satisfying reasons provided as to why. 

Software development kit: Heh. They'll dodge, and just say that you can use whatever you want so long as it would run on Ubuntu. 

Gameplay: Atari 2600 again. Only games from "Atari Vault." Vague promises of other exciting things to come. 

Famous Industry Partner: Something old, preferably laughably irrelevant. Since Warner Brothers once owned Atari, and they now own this character, put my money on Adam West's Batman '66. "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

It could be another announcement of an announcement, but maybe they will tell backers that there alpha test units of breadboard, diodes, relays, resistors, capacitors, random IC chips, and one spiffy LED light that glows will ship. Something like this:

s-l640.thumb.jpg.7839382352ce099a1d56275902672d3e.jpg

(That kit takes me way back....).

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

1436087125_ScreenShot2019-11-07at11_37_34AM.thumb.png.7a81687e438e0f3fb33378563b986c56.png

My safe prediction is that it will be another vague announcement with no real details, but will include promises of big things to be announced "soon."  Like I said, a safe prediction. 

I'm genuinely curious as to what happens on January 1 when backers don't have their systems.    Will it be like their summer announcement that didn't happen, and they say they didn't mean summer, but summer-ish?  It's a little strange that this console is supposed to be out in a month, and aside from a CNET video, that contains about 20 seconds of looped footage that could just be from a PC, no one has seen it running.

But then again, I'm just a stupid protectionist troll/hater, who doesn't like anything not made in 'Murica, and surely Atari and its loyal supporters will have the last laugh.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Batman '66 is better quality than anything modern-day Atari can churn out. 

Even the continuity errors are higher quality than modern Atari. 

• Like 4

Let's not forget Atari made some pretty specific promises about updates on games being developed for the system and developers. Instead, you got "antstream exists" and nothing they promised. They're likely to simply tell everybody...."we promised you a Linux box Atari VCS in December, so here's a Ronco Pocket Fisherman."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, cybercylon said:

It could be another announcement of an announcement, but maybe they will tell backers that there alpha test units of breadboard, diodes, relays, resistors, capacitors, random IC chips, and one spiffy LED light that glows will ship. Something like this:

I had one of those as a lad back in the day, man it was so much fun playing around with it making crystal set radios and such.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, frankodragon said:

It probably will be a whole grab bag of random electronic components without instructions.

DIY_Ataco_Kit.thumb.jpg.654ca01c5262a674e8486f3aa175aeb1.jpg

So that's why Fred was showing Woz the Ataco shell, "You know how to build computers monsieur, yes?" :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, cybercylon said:

oh dude- that takes me back, too!  my dad bought me several of those kits from Radio Shack- I think he was hoping i'd follow in his footsteps as an Electronic Engineer.  I'm a Network Engineer, instead.  ;)

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, DAD?  *sobs*

back to lurking.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3