IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

^^ HAHA!
I had 2 of those Radio Scrap Kits xD
one was the FM radio with the carboard bottom & the little springs used as contacts, not even a breadboard, well I guess for kidz.
The other one was the solar power windmill. Good times

If your pops is still around go do something nice for him, for no reason, then say thanks for those kits :)

Funny thing is that now I see these kits in my Dollarama (Canada), I bought the milti-windmill/boat kit to show little kids. GARBAGE! Parts were already rusted out NEW IN BOX!.

Speaking of kidz, there are going to be plenty Xmas grown up kids sobbing come December 25 when the date gets "corrected" to December 2020

I have never seen such incompetence in my... oh wait Coleco Chameleon. Someone send Head Cheese some electrical tape & a rasberri pi preleaded with an emulator & roms, because I even double the ability to accomplish that (Allegedly)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Agillig said:

But then again, I'm just a stupid protectionist troll/hater, who doesn't like anything not made in 'Murica, and surely Atari and its loyal supporters will have the last laugh.

I remember that criticism they made of you. It seems like an odd thing for them to fixate on. Being mean to "Atari" for their late and lazy communication? Guilty as charged. Spending more time mocking them than they spend on social media outreach? Same. Scattershot attempts at humor which fall flat more often than they land? Indubitably. But "protectionist?" For this half-assed, phoned-in Ponzi scheme of a project? What's more American than that?

1024285584_nationalorigins.thumb.jpeg.f20232325453a6cac4a817b6e314b7d0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Does that count as November's update?

That seems like a fair question. Since it is yet another announcement of an announcement, since it doesn't increment the Indiegogo update count, and it isn't in their Medium blog, I'd say no.

Speaking of those Medium updates:

July 13 2018, first Medium update Atari VCS Product Q&A #1

August 29, 2018, 47 days later "Behind the Scenes: Atari VCS Mid-Summer Hardware Summit"

November 22, 2018, 85 days later "The Birth of the Atari VCS Operating System: Part 1"

December 19, 2018, 27 days later "Behind the Scenes: Atari VCS™Hardware and Accessories"

March 18, 2019, 89 days later "More Power is Coming to the Atari VCS™"

March 29 2019, 11 days later "Atari VCS™ Structural Improvements and Feature Adjustments"

May 21, 2019, 64 days later "Peripherals Update: Designed for Atari VCS™, in partnership with PowerA"

July 19, 2019, 59 days later "Atari VCS teases the future at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles"

September 30, 2019, 73 days later, "Here Come The Games!"

October 8, 2019, 8 days later, "Atari VCS Plastics, Thermals, and Internals"

There's an average of 51 days between updates, with a median of 59 days between updates, but it's not as though they've ever released these on anything resembling a regular schedule. I particularly like the numbered stuff like "Part 1" that never gets a Part 2 and the inconsistent application of the Atari VCS™ trademark. 

This will be the only update that matters. Can they move the pointer one or two steps to the right?

75663991_ScreenShot2019-11-08at8_17_40AM.thumb.png.c2d1a8276874a999be082db3828756fa.png

Or will they stay the course, remaining in the comfort zone we know so well? 

628307760_YouAreHereBatBomb.thumb.jpeg.1453eefa84853e516223a29f16dde375.jpeg

2046611311_ScreenShot2019-11-08at8_23_04AM.thumb.png.a1a239c3a8657a221acc74ca7ade6258.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Yeah, this one's always been a problematic lie for them. They said they had a working prototype when they launched their crowdfunding, but they clearly didn't by their own admission in their updates.

75663991_ScreenShot2019-11-08at8_17_40AM.thumb.png.c2d1a8276874a999be082db3828756fa.png

The closest thing they ever had was a 3D printed case with a light in it. Only in their mind does that count as a working demo. "See, it looks like dis....and da Atari logo go dehar.....and dat light go blink, blink.....and I got a wooden spoon, durrr. Now dat's what I call some highly flexible Atari VCS."

Image result for waterboy  Image result for waterboy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I remember that criticism they made of you. It seems like an odd thing for them to fixate on. Being mean to "Atari" for their late and lazy communication? Guilty as charged. Spending more time mocking them than they spend on social media outreach? Same. Scattershot attempts at humor which fall flat more often than they land? Indubitably. But "protectionist?" For this half-assed, phoned-in Ponzi scheme of a project? What's more American than that?

1024285584_nationalorigins.thumb.jpeg.f20232325453a6cac4a817b6e314b7d0.jpeg

Yeah, I've got a bit of flak about that.  I guess it stems from the fact the Atari name is no longer in American hands,  but French.  For what it's worth, I've played a lot of Ubisoft games, and I believe they are French as well.

But, it really doesn't matter. I blasted the Coleco Chameleon when that was a thing, and I believe that was an American attempt at fraud.  

56 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Does anyone remember how long it usually takes for them to gather up all the fake workbench stuff and make a Medium post, once they've said they're going to say something soon?

SOON (tm)

* soon is trade mark of Epic Games as in Duke Nuke 'em Forever was coming out soon, which turned  to be a 10 year wait... good luck w/ that

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Does anyone remember how long it usually takes for them to gather up all the fake workbench stuff and make a Medium post, once they've said they're going to say something soon?

12 hours ago, JBerel said:

It's usually a month or more as I recall, but they could surprise us all....

with an announcement of a delay anytime now.

Maybe their supplier of small springs and gears is out of stock.

badumtss.gif.cf634eb9e8c0fef1d9b1d766baef2233.gif

Meanwhile ... BH Financial Advisors is giving their usual insightful painfull digital monetary forecasts.  ?

bhdribble.thumb.JPG.68abd3e7c59cd89e0ab943aeb2d4a105.JPG

moneydive.gif.a0546c0d8f395e852398f0aa9b54db3c.gif

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Maybe their supplier of small springs and gears is out of stock.

Meanwhile ... BH Financial Advisors is giving their usual insightful painfull digital monetary forecasts.  ?

bhdribble.thumb.JPG.68abd3e7c59cd89e0ab943aeb2d4a105.JPG

What is this infatuation some of them have with blockchain?  Truthfully, I don't really understand what bc is.  I've done some reading on it, and I'm not seeing why it would be such a revolution for video games. 

• Like 1

It was a fad, a bubble that burst over a year ago. "Atari" posted its biggest stock gains around its height. That was when Long Island Ice Tea company rebranded itself in an effort to cash in on the feeding frenzy. "Atari" was basically doing the same thing. It's all for show, much like how they claim to be getting back into hardware. The promises are shiny, but the deliverables have not shown up. 

There's nothing blockchain can do for games that can't be achieved with a traditional database. "Atari" wanted to appear innovative and on the cutting edge of something, for as long as they could. Their desperation is sad to watch. 

If there were money to be made from blockchain or crypto tokens in games, I'm certain someone else would have beaten "Atari" to execution much better than they ever could have done. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency_bubble

Why are the "Atari" faithful so into it? That I don't know. Because it's newer than Pong and Centipede, I guess. 
419955201_PNGimage.thumb.png.7fc11c1cede574756c883a75815154aa.png

• Like 9