IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

21 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I don't know about a head-to-head comparison, but these Bluetooth "music hats" are $7-9 each.  A single sample can be ordered for $10:

prodcut-image

prodcut-image

But those aren't just any ordinary speaker hats... they're "New wireless bluetooth audio cap large volume stereo headphones music call speaker hats".

Iron-on Atari patch not included.

Typical though. Selling $10 worth of junk for $129.99.

Which should put the actual cost of the Ataribox at about... $20.

Edited by Nathan Strum
Had the price of the Atari Speakerhat wrong. Bring on the trolls!
  • Haha 7

On 11/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, Shawn said:

So what do you guys think will happen if\when they don't ship anything in December?

runpigeon.gif.01a5354a917ffe171461fb34b72838e9.gif

[I haven't seen this cut/angle of the little runner boy b4]

On 11/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, jaybird3rd said:

"Atari" could ship them a carton of Ramen noodles with an apology scrawled on a Post-it-Note, and they'll never say a word about it, because they'd rather lose every penny than admit publicly that they were so spectacularly wrong, or that the "haters" were right all along.

poweredbyramen.thumb.png.18661525f57224b4f36df9c9b659b87f.png

On 11/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, PlaysWithWolves said:

I don't normally Bing-search "Fred Chesnais", but when I do it comes up cupcakes:

image.thumb.png.73d5090c7af675aee7755e78ef86a707.png

It's from 2016, and if anyone here posted about it before I must've forgotten it by the next day.  

I heard Fred chose an unusual winner!

poopcake.thumb.jpg.98e24500b5a90f052f2b7b522b84e507.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 9:23 AM, CPUWIZ said:

Speaking of hands in the pants, can you guess who this is, without checking the URL?

russell-crowe-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Wow.  The Gladiator appears to have been consuming plenty of Mead and whole Pigs of late. 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

We have an update!

555576797_Screenshot2019-11-1116_50_44.png.ff3ef0ad937a015d3699b3ea9228a3be.png

1) Fred gave Wozniak a Speaker Hat.

2) The AtariVCS is mentioned only one time in passing, most of the time is spent talking about organizing e-sports, the speaker hat, and Star Wars.

3) Fred's holiday gift guide attached below.

307440194_Screenshot2019-11-1116_57_22.thumb.png.d843a3cfe3bd74eafca6cbf6ebffc817.png

563289906_Screenshot2019-11-1116_53_10.thumb.png.e3144ca013ec3b5c1502f455b6ad13ac.png

1445303012_Screenshot2019-11-1116_53_18.thumb.png.f88eeb5ace6fa4e8df7b9c9690f5b989.png

1457109087_Screenshot2019-11-1116_53_29.thumb.png.707bf8f870bf919f55022e7824254f4c.png

1295488935_Screenshot2019-11-1116_53_47.thumb.png.382207afd75f1dcb7e88a5443a498516.png

708273454_Screenshot2019-11-1116_53_54.thumb.png.4f1e865222a59de1051e562c341649e4.png

It's too bad the Wanker Bros and Lucas don't stop on by here. I'd love to see them defend how they invested monetarily and emotionally into the VCS, only for the takers of their money to be focused on peddling Atari branded apparel. 

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

It's too bad the Wanker Bros and Lucas don't stop on by here. I'd love to see them defend how they invested monetarily and emotionally into the VCS, only for the takers of their money to be focused on peddling Atari branded apparel. 

They seem to be on board and excited about it :)

373637237_ScreenShot2019-11-12at11_31_51AM.png.a37c6e2e8e0876985e179d9472893a42.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dj_convoy said:

Now, if we can all enjoy a taco of our preference, we'll really be getting elsewhere.

That brings up a very important question.

How does everyone make their own favorite taco?

There are no wrong answers here. Unless they involve fish. ;) 

Here's mine (from the top down, color-coded for effect):

Taco Sauce (La Victoria - medium)

Black olives (sliced)

Cherry tomatoes (sliced - I get cherry tomatoes because they're the only ones you can get at the grocery store with decent flavor)

Lettuce (shredded - usually iceberg)

Cheese (Tilamook Sharp Cheddar, grated fine - the cheese goes on top of the meat so it melts and acts as a buffer for the lettuce)

Ground beef (organic - browned with a chopped onion and Penzey's Taco Seasoning)

Shell (white corn - either Mission soft tortillas (lightly fried) or Ortega shells)

• Like 4

On 6/9/2017 at 9:36 AM, Goochman said:

Woodgrain is back in style it seems...............

https://www.ataribox.com/

On 6/9/2017 at 11:34 AM, Sky7 said:

I was just on the Ataribox.com site. Very vague. What is this going to be? Considering there are several Atari flashback devices out there, what is this "Ataribox" going to be?

Oh how far we haven't come in over two years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

So on an unrelated note, the new Sonic Movie trailer came out today, AND IT'S FREAKING AWESOME! They fixed Sonic!

….….. On a related note: Fans told Paramount/Sega to change what they're doing, and they listened... and both sides are happy. Atari, take some fucking notes.

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Black olives (sliced)

Cherry tomatoes (sliced - I get cherry tomatoes because they're the only ones you can get at the grocery store with decent flavor)

Cheese (Tilamook Sharp Cheddar, grated fine - the cheese goes on top of the meat so it melts and acts as a buffer for the lettuce)

Ground beef (organic - browned with a chopped onion and Penzey's Taco Seasoning)

Shell (white corn - either Mission soft tortillas (lightly fried) or Ortega shells)

Um a shell, some protein, hot hot hot sauce. Fish is allowed especially during Lent.

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I've never had a "taco". Do they come in PAL?

Post of the day here. Yes they do but the colors are different. Shells are probably colored blue instead of yellow.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Black olives (sliced)

?

What time am I coming over Strumy?  Give me some time though.  Travelling from the bottom corner of the planet. ?

Moving on .... My fav 'non-traditional' taco is:

Coriander (Cilantro)

Pickled Red Onion (I use this recipe, modified with 5 peppercorns and 1 garlic clove halved.  Let cool and sit in the fridge whilst the pork cooks for 4 hours. CLICK HERE )

Frank's Xtra Hot Sauce (approx. 2000 SHU)
Puerco Pibil (Yucatan Slow Roasted Pork.  Have made this for about 15 years.  Refined the recipe over the years, to how I like it.  Wife doesn't dig chili, so it's missing ??.  I add hot sauce as needed. Spriggys Puerco Pibil.docx )

Shell (also Mission soft flour tortillas.  Sometimes I'm blasphemous and use tortilla sized fresh Lebanese Pita, baked locally.  I actually prefer them. ?)

#EDIT#  oh.  Found an old photo of them on pita.

tacos.thumb.jpg.4c245bce6f11150e10f99373d3702bb2.jpg

• Like 4

One week ago:

1558374446_Comingsoon.thumb.png.75622a2e587b606803339e59714019d9.png

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e80711e0018bd93891

Maybe we are parsing it incorrectly. The lack of punctuation makes it unclear, in an "eats, shoots, and leaves" kind of way. 

The team is working on a new update post, guys.

That's what Max, John and the rest of the Scooby gang want to hear. 

The team is working on a new update, post guys.

They're much slower at lying, since scaring off Feargal and Wyatt. 

The team is working. On a new update post? Guys.
Be serious, they're not doing anything, certainly not working on communication. 

But seriously, what's with the week-long delay between the pre-announcement and the announcement? It doesn't take seven days to tape over logos, photoshop out part numbers, and type up some easily debunked bullshit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Anything worth lying about is worth lying about well.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty console from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Atari's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
  • Like 5

But what if you're delaying it to make it EVEN BETTER?

some excuses they could use:

new APU

no more ribs

waiting for Antstream
new colors

closed for Chinese New Year

ensuring the best possible experience

need to learn Linux

fundamentally flawed concept

Mike Arzt is actually Mike Kennedy

forgot the password 

Yars' Revenge

basic incompetence

spent all the money

sued by former team members

please join new crowdfunding project

• Like 8

Roma tomatoes (Firmer tomato, holds up to a large dice; good flavor too)

Cheese (White Sharp Cheddar, grated fine)

Ground beef (organic - browned with a drained can of corn and Frontera Taco Seasoning pouch)

Shell (La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortillas. Type 1 Diabetic, you do what you gotta do.) 

Taco Sauce (Taco Bell - Fire)

Sometimes we will add refried beans and do tostadas, on a hard corn tortilla, instead.

• Like 6