IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

I was going for "with 20/20 hindsight," corrections from native French speakers like yourself are welcome. 

In your defense, Google is really bad at French. When I need to translate Spanish or Japanese for exemple, I always translate it in English because the French translation doesn't make any sense.

I just saw this as well:

hindsight-recul.thumb.png.a8d695b6ba1856319b445ba2529ff64c.png

It's completely wrong but the reasoning behind this I guess is that the word 'hindsight" conveys the idea of "understanding in retrospect".

I guess what you meant was "Un imbécile finit toujours séparé de son argent" or, better, "Un imbécile finit toujours par perdre son argent". You could add "avec du recul" to translate "with 20/20 hindsight", but I think it's kind of redundant in this case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

image.png.2d8538c5e02a8403320407fb63a17588.png

If Andy knows any dev that is actually working on the VCS, now would be a good time to inform the class 

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

Konami is working on Symphony of the Night 2, Capcom is releasing Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo Alpha. Both are VCS launch titles   Yesterday,  Activision announced Black Ops 5 is going to be a VCS exclusive. 

Ok...there's no third party support for this system, and judging from the number of people who said they contacted Atari to make games for this system, but were blown off, there never will be.  

Not sure what you all are talking about but there's this. Now this wouldn't technically be 3rd party. Maybe this is what Mr. Blakely is talking about?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Not sure what you all are talking about but there's this. Now this wouldn't technically be 3rd party. Maybe this is what Mr. Blakely is talking about?

That first paragraph I posted was sarcasm.  There's no third party support for this thing.  At all.  The video you show above was created by RPG Maker.  I believe this was a well done troll routine by someone named Atari Guy, or something like that.  The same guy who put the Pi in the shoe box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There's a status update on the forums that reminded me of this thread...

Theallknowingsauce asked, "I kinda wonder what's the most stupid mod anyone has done to their Atari.  Like adding rgb lights all over it and giving it a mat black paint job to make it looks like a modern pc dumb... Y'know?"

I'm thinking the answer is:  Design a complicated shell, crowdfund it, then be evasive and vague about its existence or progress.  Does that count as a mod?  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm sorry guys, but I have to say this:

Instead of drowning ourselves in misery and discontent with the Atari VCS, we should be crying in sheer joy that the Sonic movie actually looks good.

..... or if you're not into Sonic-- something else...

This is that point of time in the thread where I'm like, "m'kay.... no VCS updates..... taco jokes, sure....... how about some actual positive news about video games in general right now? > u >"

And this isn't the first time I've gotten that feeling. Anybody else relate?

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Flojomojo said:
  4. Andy "Overly Attached" Blakely only "bets" the software devs are working "insane hours." I will take that bet. Wishing doesn't make it so. But in his defense, zero hours is also "insane."

ILLBET.gif.5cab3f47a87ef6edb45d28a771f4226f.gif

14 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Settle down there .. the Wormer has spoken!

55571950_ScreenShot2019-11-13at9_22_36AM.png.0026f58eae67e64bba803db3bb10dc2e.png

You think he edited that comment just to make YOU all caps? I do :)

vonwerner.gif.b19c6a36233dbbaed9d46154b4056a16.gif

13 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

I thought you were?

I was an imposter for 24 hours.

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Wow, look at this mean message. Someone needs a taco.

109823936_ScreenShot2019-11-13at2_49_42PM.thumb.png.87d2f90c7d25ce7b478360e7bb83286e.png

whocares.gif.af6fd5a01a1f19fccce8edb67873d8fc.gif

... and once again, I can't look away from Robot Harris garble.  Someone choke me out please!

bh.thumb.JPG.11ed90d792f57ff04eb0c87a75327c98.JPG

confused.gif.a8be54c9ed29594ea715bcf89e2b1dec.gif

Andddddddd .... the usual-occasional-not always-sometimes financial news on Ashoebox SA.  *click* Atari Teetering Stocks     Did Mr Harris write this article!?

gobbledygook.gif.90774d4056766ae77a07f36d62bcfa69.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Help me out here:

Remember in Feb 2018 when Atari's stock skyrocketed in one day?  Atari stock jumps 52% on plans for nostalgia-backed cryptocurrencies  

Screenshot_20191114-061715.thumb.png.8f443773f44556a11ec23399789ee928.png

Ker Ventures, LLC is Chesnais' investment company.  Just days later they announced they acquired 2,420,000 Atari shares via stock warrants, then sold most of them.  

So... What just happened?  Pump-n-dump? Or business as usual?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Ker Ventures, LLC is Chesnais' investment company

"Ker"? He's from Britanny like the Guillemots?? O_o

I stumbled upon its Wikipedia page and I found that "Since November 2015, he is a member of Mount Sinai Hospital's psychiatry department advisory comitee". It may explain something about Brandon Harris. ?

• Haha 2

My uniformed and likely wrong opinion on my previous post:

Atari is in constant "pump" mode.  Since the crypto news affected their stock prices, Ker Ventures kicked in their stock warrants to buy shares at a previously-agreed lower price.  They then turned around and made a nice little same-day profit on 2.2 million shares.

I'm not sure if "new Atari stock" meant Atari created those shares for this transaction, or if they were new to Ker Ventures (like a used car is new to a different owner).

Will happily take corrections so I can learn things.

• Like 6

I got a funny email today from the partner that "Atari" announced back on Sept 30th ("Here Come The Games!"). They noticed that I created an account with Antstream Arcade ("awesome!") but I haven't subscribed to their service yet. Their service full of tiny UK-centric C-list abandonware ROMs that could download in less bandwidth than they'll need to stream. The same kind of stuff you can buy once in a $40 AtGames Legends Flashback and own forever, rather than rent for $10 a month. Anyway, they want feedback. 

Ant1.thumb.png.5b75a36875a9adaa7d3b4d22c9b1cec4.png

Ant2.thumb.png.09ba80fb9667d9bed769cb4e82d6e31b.png

How do you think I should respond?

Ant3.thumb.png.23f82520e2e98073b3522bcd2ee260a6.png

Side note: anyone know why AntStream (which has no Wikipedia entry) chose to obscure its game list in a java table? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Spriggy said:

... and once again, I can't look away from Robot Harris garble.  Someone choke me out please!

bh.thumb.JPG.11ed90d792f57ff04eb0c87a75327c98.JPG

I shall try my best to translate this into English...

~ AHEM ~

Just buy a rasberry PI, load it w/ it's official OS, then load it w/ Retro PI to use as a front end, download roms, save yourself from a $400.00 light switch...

Is that better to understand ?

Also if anyone else wants to have some fun with Fred...

Fred.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Somebody needs to point out how Antstream is destroying the planet with all the wasted kilowatt hours, networking cables, and wifis being transmitted through the atmosphere killing all the bees and knocking the bird migrations off course. It's so uncivilized to stream games over and over when they could be downloaded in a fraction of the time with much less use of natural resources.

Every game you illegally download saves a tree. 

Image result for save a tree

Every time you stream a game, a Hippie looses his blunt.  

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 11