IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

giphy.gif

not gonna lie, I loved this game when it first came out.  I think this might have been the first activision game that we bought.

it's basically an active screen saver, but great colors and great early use of the atari graphics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBerel said:

These guys are really ripe for a shipping scam at this point. Just email them and tell them you have a shipment from France by a company called Otari, and you need 1,000 in gift cards cryptocurrency before you can clear it through customes. As soon as it clears, you'll forward the card numbers back to them.

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 6

You know if they can't get a Netflix app working what makes you think they can get something new like Disney+ to work?

Screenshot_20191123-120351_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b135046ba2a3cd4186be7285e23091fe.jpg

FWIW my old old roku stick runs D+ just fine. Maybe its user error?

I would be more worried that they haven't been able to show Atari Vault working on the VCS.

• Haha 7

These guys are really ripe for a shipping scam at this point. Just email them and tell them you have a shipment from France by a company called Otari, and you need 1,000 in gift cards cryptocurrency before you can clear it through customes. As soon as it clears, you'll forward the card numbers back to them.

"Games are back on tape!  Get ready to relive all the loading errors!" 

Otari_MX-5050_BIII-2.jpg

• Haha 2

So, just how pissed off do you think Walmart would be if Atari was hit was a restraining order in the next several days?  (Not that some little birdy didn't just let me know via TacoMail that Atari is being smashed on the head with a lawsuit & restraining order this week...)

Just being "hypothetical" with my question :roll: 

Anybody with Atari stock, you may want to put in your sell orders VERY early Monday morning...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Curt Vendel said:

So, just how pissed off do you think Walmart would be if Atari was hit was a restraining order in the next several days?  (Not that some little birdy didn't just let me know via TacoMail that Atari is being smashed on the head with a lawsuit & restraining order this week...)

Anybody with Atari stock, you may want to put in your sell orders VERY early Monday morning...

Walmart is like a billion dollar company.   I doubt a maker of potential bargain bin electronics even shows up on their radar.  What kind of restraining order are we talking?  Against whom?

1 hour ago, Curt Vendel said:

So, just how pissed off do you think Walmart would be if Atari was hit was a restraining order in the next several days? 

If Atari announced the VCS shells were going to be made out of stillborn pandas and bald eagle feet, Wal-Mart might...might...take notice and sever ties with them.

Atari is less than a fart in the breeze to Wal-Mart. 

21 minutes ago, Agillig said:

image.thumb.png.f4690b7b086605369d945720b88adb88.png

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what I call "living rent free in someone's head."  Anyway, have a nice December, Lucas. 

All of us are living in their heads. See their rules of no trolls? Um that's specifically for us because as opposed to talk about non-existent news for a system that has only been shown to work in a shoebox, they have an infatuation with us.

They are really envious of our tacos. Lucas C is brk3n (sorry I mean broken) because he doesn't have tacos in his life.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

All of us are living in their heads. See their rules of no trolls? Um that's specifically for us because as opposed to talk about non-existent news for a system that has only been shown to work in a shoebox, they have an infatuation with us.

They are really envious of our tacos. Lucas C is brk3n (sorry I mean broken) because he doesn't have tacos in his life.

They're pretty deranged.  

image.thumb.png.853e680e625423619a82a99c3c9928f6.png

image.thumb.png.01f65cdb6fd03217b7016121e6a6f8ef.png

Andy Blakely tries to interject some rational thought into the conversation, but...nah. We choose the path?  Even in the glory days of the 16-Bit wars, never do I recall anyone being condemned to eternal torment.  But, as the saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with AtariVCS trolls."  I'll have to ask around at church tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it goes.  

For the first time in this thread, I'm speechless.  I guess I'll get off the internet and play some video games.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Curt Vendel said:

Is it safe to assume the truth will out in a few days? I hate vaguebooking, it's like when @The Historian was implying that he knew more than he was saying, all while waving around his nondisclosure agreement. 

"Atari" is failing pretty spectacularly as seen from the outside as it is, but some insider dirt would certainly be amusing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:11 AM, Flojomojo said:

Old Star Wars is awesome

Old Atari is awesome

New Star Wars is awesome

Sorry, but...

Risa De Spiderman GIF - Spiderman JJonahJameson Laugh GIFs

IMHO (The Mandalorian might be an exception). But I'll try not to derail this delicious thread too far other than that. :D

On 11/18/2019 at 9:59 AM, Bill Loguidice said:

As the author of Fortnite For Dummies, I can tell you that Fortnite players LOVE low frame rates when playing Battle Royale. It gives them that extra edge towards a Victory Royale.

Yeah, but we're talking the probability of it being 5~14 frames a second on the mythical VCS. Supercross 3D on the Jaguar will run smoother than Fortnite on the VCS. My guess is that Fortnite players are fine with a tiny bit of lag (25~30fps being considered "low"), just like how major, but temporary, slowdown in bullet hell shmups gives you the chance to maybe escape doom. But playing a fast slideshow for pretty much any modern game for the entire time you are playing said game?  I highly doubt that can be considered a selling point for anyone remotely serious about gaming. 

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
typo fix
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Curt Vendel said:

The most intriguing part of this post is that there's apparently something called "TacoMail". Tell us more! Inquiring minds want to know!™

Now that's funny! Imagine... somebody actually having Atari stock. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Agillig said:

They're pretty deranged.  

image.thumb.png.853e680e625423619a82a99c3c9928f6.png

image.thumb.png.01f65cdb6fd03217b7016121e6a6f8ef.png

Andy Blakely tries to interject some rational thought into the conversation, but...nah. We choose the path?  Even in the glory days of the 16-Bit wars, never do I recall anyone being condemned to eternal torment.  But, as the saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with AtariVCS trolls."  I'll have to ask around at church tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it goes.  

For the first time in this thread, I'm speechless.  I guess I'll get off the internet and play some video games.  

You can tell Elmer that the only thing resembling an afterlife to this whole debacle is how the VCS is perpetually in LIMBO! 

Glad to know he worships at the church of atari. Hope he enjoys his life of taco celibacy. 

Light2.thumb.jpg.829703d91c04ce896af8a23ec1fc2a8d.jpg

• Haha 7

So, just how pissed off do you think Walmart would be if Atari was hit was a restraining order in the next several days? 

They would not even notice, Atari is not even a blip in a summary for a company like walmart, and I am sure it happens all the time ... cause to be in walmart you pretty much say your going to ship something and let them take 70% of the profit, and if you don't well they are walmart so like they give a shit if your little piddle squat operation chokes 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Curt Vendel said:

2oex63.jpg.341ed0f982dbf892ba756bd1cd3d7fe3.jpg

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Is it safe to assume the truth will out in a few days? I hate vaguebooking, it's like when @The Historian was implying that he knew more than he was saying, all while waving around his nondisclosure agreement. 

"Atari" is failing pretty spectacularly as seen from the outside as it is, but some insider dirt would certainly be amusing. 

☝️All of this.☝️

At the very least we might know something happened if the stock takes a tumble.

• Haha 13

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Agreed. That said, one should completely expect such action against any company hoping to perform manufacturing or sales of anything when they are not paying their bills. Any one of the groups they are outsourcing everything to would naturally issue an injunction for non payment/non rights ownership before they allowed those ass clowns to move forward with anything they haven't fulfilled payment on. Could be Rob, PowerA, AMD, their supposed manufacturer partners, or any number of others involved along the way. Hell, they may not even actually have rights to everything they expect to sell including the Atari Vault. (Not that they're in any position to sell anything.)

It's already known that they've taken people's design work and jumped to other people to try and knock it out on the cheap. It's also known that they welched on payment at least twice just on this project alone. It's also known that they falsely attempted to attach themselves to a DuPont brand cluelessly. They're continually in peril over their stock manipulations as well, which is pretty well illustrated in their recent reports and prognosticating. More legal action against them is inevitable, and any kind that gives them an excuse to delay or cancel entirely is, I'm sure, just what the doctor ordered in Atari's mind at this point. That gives them the excuse they've been groping for.

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

I suppose since we're just about at the 11th hour as it were with it being almost December that something was going to give either way. A lawsuit at the point where delivery of a final product is supposed to begin is just the cherry on top of this unbelievable shit show.

Since the Atari VCS religious zealots watch this thread, I'm curious how secretly nervous they are regarding potential lawsuit news, all while maintaining the public facade of quiet determination 

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 5