IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Perhaps the best way for us to deal with this is to file a class-action lawsuit against people who pledged money to support the AtariVCS on Indiegogo, as their financial support gave rise to the series of lawsuits against other companies.

Edited by keithbk
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/27754525/Atari_Interactive,_Inc_v_Target_Corporation

I'm running out of free PACER downloads, someone else get this one please. ? 

I signed up at pacer.gov which seems to be separate from what you use, but PDF attached.

Atari says they need another sixty days.

Atari v Target 11 22.pdf

• Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I signed up at pacer.gov which seems to be separate from what you use

Pacer.gov is a government site and hosts legal documents. There's a small fee for downloading but the first $15 is free, and resets every three months. This is what I use to fetch documents, and everyone else can do what I do and get a free account. 

Pacermonitor.com is a commercial tracker of Pacer and is an easy way to follow and share the progress of legal cases, but they put the documents themselves behind an expensive (to non-lawyer me) paywall. 

So it's kind of a two-step dance. PacerMONITOR to track, find, and follow in a Google-friendly way, pacer.GOV to get the details once you know what you are looking for. 

I don't have any special access or insight, nor do I (or anyone) need it to look up public records of "Atari" behaving badly. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295dd22772705198e93e

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

There's a small fee for downloading but the first $15 is free, and resets every three months.

Ah, thanks for the 411.  I was disappointed that with pacer.gov we have to know the case number to even search (unless I missed something).

Also, the free limit is being raised to $30 starting Jan. 2020.  I guess they are preparing for an increase of hits next year for Atari, SA cases. ?

Screenshot_20191125-095055.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

2035521817_Screenshot2019-11-2507_33_31.thumb.png.c4a9ba8da78a974c2db454f22a60aee3.png

Here it is, so apparently they're just going to say nothing and keep kicking the can down the road.  The wording seems pretty telling "we have no intention of letting you down".

Next week is December. The only announcement I would accept if I were a backer would be shipping dates.

• Like 10

Shot:

On 11/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, Flojomojo said:

1436087125_ScreenShot2019-11-07at11_37_34AM.thumb.png.7a81687e438e0f3fb33378563b986c56.png

Shot:

On 11/8/2019 at 6:54 AM, Phantom_of_Krankor said:

CFAEAB59-F9D6-47AB-8F51-D98E4191FBB8.thumb.jpeg.388ba557ffdacb3361225b9eba00be08.jpeg

Would you have a problem with more than one update before December?

Chaser:

43 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

2035521817_Screenshot2019-11-2507_33_31.thumb.png.c4a9ba8da78a974c2db454f22a60aee3.png

Here it is, so apparently they're just going to say nothing and keep kicking the can down the road.  The wording seems pretty telling "we have no intention of letting you down".

SMASHED:

Annotation 2019-11-25 111531.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paul Slocum said:

And I didn't go to Thailand with the intention of sleeping on the floor of a dark jail cell, wallowing in my own filth for 2 weeks, but I did.

Edited by Agillig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paul Slocum said:

"We are working on several announcements and product updates... . . . can't promise the exact dates . . . because each involves partners."

You announced a partnership with an insultingly expensive, mediocre retro gaming streaming service that hasn't even launched Stateside yet, BEFORE you even gave your backers concrete, undeniable proof that the console even starts up and works somewhat decently yet, and NOW you cannot give them any concrete info on where you are in delivering updates?!

Hey, assholes, November's just about over!

If you have partnerships agreed upon, paperwork signed and everything, you guys could just doctor up fancy Medium articles like you have a dozen times over now!!! It would actually be less insulting to have simply said nothing about potential upcoming updates; while we would've made snarky comments about their lack up updates, it wouldn't have gotten backers' hopes up to make them even more only to serve as bigger let downs or ironic signs of faith of the extremely delusional and faithful.

Why do you keep making partnerships, anyways? As far as the average consumer knows, the hardware isn't even complete yet. We have random pics of the hardware, a bunch of renders, and zero demos of the planned software even working on it. Despite getting big, legendary names in console design to help work on it, there's been nothing to show for it at all.

Now you're 36 days away from breaking your new ETA for delivering to backers, and you cannot even give a proper sign of life that the project isn't dead in the water or even a scam three weeks after you said there'd be a significant announcement?

GREAT FUCKING STRATEGY, COTTON, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW IT PAYS OFF FOR YOU!

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 17

Something has always been telling me that the goober typing all their updates is every bit as in the dark as anyone else. They have zero information, so they can't say anything but "stay tuned", "we're still here", "everything is on course", "we have every intention" and similar. The reasonable conclusion to make here is that not a damn thing has happened since Rob bailed on them, and they are likely much further behind than they were months ago. That's assuming their progress can even be measured. 

But hey,

You got no money and you got no home

Spinnin' wheel all alone 

Talkin' 'bout your troubles and you, you never learn
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel turn

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

"Hey guys, remember back when we used to have a Project Lead that we weren't paying, doing stuff like placing an order with a 24 hr PCB turnaround factory? GREAT TIMES. Unfortunately, we still don't know what to do with that thing, and for some weird reason, we can't find a single person out there interested in becoming our next unpaid console designer. Blockchain anyone?"

I also like how it took them what, two, three weeks to type that?

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I get this is an ataribox atari vcs atari brick taco thread, but the only thing I actually recognised was Lindsay Lohan, and I only know her for her "longest religious conversion ever" phase.

Back to the atari doorwedge, maybe it takes weeks to curate the next post promising news next time? It requires careful wording, editor input and the board of directors approval before going out, a long necessary and worthwhile process fitting the value they place on their customers, no doubt.

I kinda feel bad for Atari, here they are trying so little & failing so so much. CheeseDinger came down with open arms to the peasants with his proclamations of an Atari returned, awaiting the masses of nostalgic nerds to bow down & worship him like a god, only to be greeted by those abandoned by a Chameleon from Coleco, with valid criticism & skepticism. Then he called upon a Giant, Tim was his name to quash all disbelievers, but even he was ousted.
Perplexing questions... "Who is this man & why does he suck so much", & "where are the Tacos" are what the people whisper... oops, kinda got carried away there with fervor...

Anyway I would honestly like to invite & open up a dialog with those people that actually believe that this is still a viable project, & why you think it will indeed come to fruition, I say this because I myself have been waiting 20 years for something to happen, & I know what it is like to wait so long only to have your dream quashed flat like a ketchup packet in your back pocket (best analogy I could think of)

One year I thought I would have enough money to buy an old 1970 Chevelle SS I kept seeing, when I was younger my Fasher talked me out of buying a 1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport, so I thought.. this is my second chance to correct a mistake I made, it was there for so long, then one day it was gone, (oh well, it was not for me again.. so I wait)

The level of no updates is staggering to say the least, this in and of itself shows how much little respect CheeseDanish has for his "fans" The backers should not have to go to him, HE should be going to them.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Back to the atari doorwedge, maybe it takes weeks to curate the next post promising news next time? It requires careful wording, editor input and the board of directors approval before going out, a long necessary and worthwhile process fitting the value they place on their customers, no doubt.

They always have an excuse. Many months ago, it was this (which seems very similar to this last "update").

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2