IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Glossy plastic makes it look like a cheap Famiclone, the red bit looks like it was lifted from the design of a Slingbox, or fake Beats headphones you get at the Dollar store (no joke, Vortex headphones red, $4 but very good quiality)
Have you ever seen a cheap car with a pieceof faux wood plastic around the radio or glovebox? This is what it will look like.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I think its the front you are seeing. The woodgrain holder. Speaking of notice how they aren't showing that part on the ones off the line?

So Mr. Mike may have finally been briefed on what this product is. I mean these were beachball sized questions. Delay? Duh Mike we knew that so emd of year means now January for backers at best.

No news is good? Going to be breaking that rule I guess when you tell the backers 'in weeks' when they are shipping.

Good call on the 5th person in the pic. We know it can't be Rob Wyatt since he doesn't keep his arms in front. Not butt to keep them warm! ?

Definitely looks like a man because of the size of the arm, but he/she seems to have baby fingers! Also the person isn't wearing gloves unlike the others in that line. 

Also, it's definitely not an assembly line, seems to be a test station with the monitors, keyboards and mice. What's funny is that five people are standing shoulder to to shoulder as if someone (hmmm...who could that be?) wanted to make a big production of having one, possibly two units. 

• Like 5

I thought the back was supposed to be orange and not red?

Either way I think we could maybe move the arrow to second prototype stage. Theoretically, we should actually be nearing or just about to start the validation part. Or would this be production verification?

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

"If there was one thing I’d want people to always know, it’s that “no news is good news” where the Atari VCS is concerned!" -Arzt

637652687_YouAreHere.thumb.jpg.9e07199d0c522395392296ab4db244c0.jpg

October 8:

"This is an ongoing process, so most of the photos we are showing here do not represent final textures and do look far more “plasticy” than they will in the finished products."

November 28:

"I am excited to be able to share some initial photos of the first Atari VCS pre-production units, fresh off the assembly line and on their way to the extensive testing processes. We are deep into the final stages of pre-production and heading toward mass production, which is the focus of our attention today."

ED204615-C64F-40D3-A214-EA599AA9425E.thumb.jpeg.06279f3332a9cccd50da981e8cdc1665.jpeg

I can see why this "update" took so long to craft, there's a very high concentration of passive-aggressive weasel words in there! Late again, deal with it, no refunds. 

"We aim to make periodic updates to our community with complete transparency." ???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I thought the back was supposed to be orange and not red?

Either way I think we could maybe move the arrow to second prototype stage. Theoretically, we should actually be nearing or just about to start the validation part. Or would this be production verification?

"We" don't move the arrow until they do. I'm not holding my breath, not after Michael Arzt's vamping and stalling, same as it ever was. 

452329318_Stillonprototypestage.thumb.png.d46f73a84ce55d33835c73f5298a4513.png

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

I'm curious if Atari chose this particular day to release this "update".  It's a major holiday in the US, but just another Thursday in the rest of the world.  Maybe they thought us critics in the US would either be in food comas from eating turkey tacos, or would be too distracted by football.   They were off by about a dozen hours if that was the plan.

For us Yanks, this day will forever be known as "The Thanksgiving Massacre."  I'll have an extra helping of stuffing to honor John Phelan's strength.

• Haha 9

37 minutes ago, Agillig said:

I'm curious if Atari chose this particular day to release this "update".  It's a major holiday in the US, but just another Thursday in the rest of the world.  Maybe they thought us critics in the US would either be in food comas from eating turkey tacos, or would be too distracted by football.   They were off by about a dozen hours if that was the plan.

For us Yanks, this day will forever be known as "The Thanksgiving Massacre."  I'll have an extra helping of stuffing to honor John Phelan's strength.

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

48 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Someone in the other supporter group thought that it was going to be on Black Friday as a distraction so no one would see the crappy update.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agillig said:

This pic demonstrates the huge gap in perception between the two sides.  Atari comes out and announces the system is being delayed (can't give a specific release date of course) and some of the backers are saying "mission accomplished."  I'm confused. 

That's the guy who made all the AtariAge magazines for the modern AtariVCS. He was previously @TheRealGEotUS, or something like that.

I agree it's weird to see his and others reaction; as-if they're already holding their spiffy brand-new VCS in their hands. 

• Thanks 5

Get the man and a taco! Also a beer! John P is starting to see the light through the BS.

johnphelan1979 9 hours ago

You say your using unity as the game engine which is great I’ve got no problem with that and the photos of the atari vcs on the assembly line look real but we didn’t see anything get made just people holding it. The more I read this the more I’m convinced that’s its a farce and a con job. I’m still hoping for the best because I want this to Come out but if it doesn’t this will be a bigger failure then the atari 5200 I remember that very well the whole thing was a disaster.

• Like 5

What the heck does being Russian do to help this situation? Also not rushing it doesn't guarantee that it isn't still a POS.

Jessie Scroggins 7 hours ago

Great update. Yes John its not coming in December, just pretend your Russian. Good everything is coming together. Were almost there. I didnt figure it would be December. Id rather have nice system than a rushed pos. Atari said they were going to start communicating with us more. Looks like good news to me! Happy Turkey Day Atari team! I look forward to the next update!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Poor John... Also same as Jessie, postponing it doesn't mean it won't be buggy. If this was supposed to come out in July, why hasn't the software side of it already been hammered out?

David price 6 hours ago

John’s having a meltdown lol… john they are pushing it back a few weeks to test them and finish the OS is what the article says… let them finish the damn thing do u want a buggy mess or something tested to work????

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What the heck does being Russian do to help this situation? 

I'm going to guess it is a reference to the slightly later holiday celebrations. 

In the Orthodox/Eastern Rite Churches, Christmas is held on January 7 (rather than December 25).  

Perhaps there is some hope that the VCS will be in backer's hands by early-January. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Because there is nothing in the front. Production isn't going to put in your wood sticker, black sticker, or your a

8 minutes ago, jhd said:

I'm going to guess it is a reference to the slightly later holiday celebrations. 

In the Orthodox/Eastern Rite Churches, Christmas is held on January 7 (rather than December 25).  

Perhaps there is some hope that the VCS will be in backer's hands by early-January. 

Ah, I figured there was some cultural reference going over my head.