IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

All these clown sound the same- "Look at our case!" that translates to "We got F'in nothin' inside except fairy dust and magic beans".. come back later we will blow your socks off!

The thing here is that the CASE was the selling point of the original Crowdfunding pitch, and they changed that, everything changed, like some sort or work in progress.
This is like when a car company makes Futuristic concept cars, just to get people riled up with rediculous wheels and features, then the car comes out and it looks nothing like the concept in any way, and the fans still praise it and spend 50K buying an ugly piece of crap because or BRAND LOYALTY!

This is what angers and saddens me the most, so much effort of CONSUMER PROTECTION has been made, now we have "return for a full refund if you are not satisfied"
Internet reviews galore! something we never had back in the day.
But yet people will still blindly hand over cash, and when things go bad, they take it like a good little door mat, when they should be calling them out!

I really hope this things gets a good review roasting.

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 5

Atari news is so slow that just days after their big news, we're going over RVGS/Chameleon's greatest hits. ?

Be sure to check out the paper-printed RVGS circuit board; shown just weeks before IGG.

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

That's what struck me when I saw the video again. The sole idea of needing patents for a retro console like this is really suspicious.

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe the main patent was supposed to be over a propriatary controller plug.i want to say it was to connect any controller you wanted, including six-pin. 

Carlsen spoke often about patents. Another may have been cart converters. 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Atari news is so slow that just days after their big news, we're going over RVGS/Chameleon's greatest hits. ?

Be sure to check out the paper-printed RVGS circuit board; shown just weeks before IGG.

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe the main patent was supposed to be over a propriatary controller plug.i want to say it was to connect any controller you wanted, including six-pin. 

Carlsen spoke often about patents. Another may have been cart converters. 

Just took a look at that. Man, that looks even more fake than the Atari VCS. LOL!

I actually never really followed the Retro VGS or the Coleco Chameleon that closely. I never backed it or had an invested interest in it. 

Quite frankly, even though everyone that backed the RVGS/CC got their money back (which is definitely great), I feel like Atari is actually going to deliver a working system of some sort to backers (Keywords there are "I feel", and "system of some sort").

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lodmot said:

Just took a look at that. Man, that looks even more fake than the Atari VCS. LOL!

I actually never really followed the Retro VGS or the Coleco Chameleon that closely. I never backed it or had an invested interest in it. 

Quite frankly, even though everyone that backed the RVGS/CC got their money back (which is definitely great), I feel like Atari is actually going to deliver a working system of some sort to backers (Keywords there are "I feel", and "system of some sort").

I think at this point *something* will be delivered, but it will be extremely disappointing in both technology and build quality.  A FB unit will have ended up being more useful and better made.  And cost way less.  And been something you could have bought and taken home the same day. 

• Like 5

The thought of reviews is interesting. Do you think they will have the nads to actually send any finished units out for impartial reviews, or will reviews be limited to the wingnuts who bought one. (assuming it ships at all) That would result in little more than angry youtube nerds or delusional fanboys Simonizing whatever steaming excrement comes out. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Looks like they already are:

image.png.e19ad06016a9c808fb92206d05d5858e.png

That presentation is from October 2019, right after their "brief statement" that everything is fine and on track. Not sure how they expected to get from "successfully booting to linux" to manufacturing, but whatever .... Arzt's Turkey Day Surprise nullifies it anyway. They're not going to show anything at CES 2020, and it would be surprising if they make an appearance except at the hotel down the street, as they've done before. 

I think my edit is more accurate. Fail faster!

5 timetable.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TACODON said:

I think they will send out some review models to shills who will talk it up. Most likely the review models will have more software on them or a more complete OS then the stripped down incomplete turd they will send to backers.

OOOOOOH, you mean go down the AtGames Flashback Blast route with retro gaming YouTubers like The Immortal John Hancock?!

I'm not even going to pretend to hope that "Atari" has more scruples than that, but I can see twenty something units going out to YouTubers who are willing to kiss ass and/or might be mostly ignorant to this entire debacle. It would cause a bigger controversy than the Bandai-Namco Flashback Blast. doing something like that would almost certainly be the basis of a liability suit, much like one of the two suits against Atari's aforementioned biggest hardware and software licensee, but if it's all to make the company more desirable for being snatched up by a bigger entity I can see Fred and Co devising a desperate scheme akin to AtGames's Namco arcade bait-n-switch last November.

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Looks like they already are:

image.png.e19ad06016a9c808fb92206d05d5858e.png

Just from reading his posts,

@Max Ivi must be on a rollercoaster of emotions.  Not making fun; just seems that way when he responds to their non-announcemen announcements. And then a glimmer of hope like CES puts him on an upward slope.

But, I could be wrong.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Just from reading his posts,

@Max Ivi must be on a rollercoaster of emotions.  Not making fun; just seems that way when he responds to their non-announcemen announcements. And then a glimmer of hope like CES puts him on an upward slope.

But, I could be wrong.

Max is a very confusing individual.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JBerel said:

The thought of reviews is interesting. Do you think they will have the nads to actually send any finished units out for impartial reviews, or will reviews be limited to the wingnuts who bought one. (assuming it ships at all) That would result in little more than angry youtube nerds or delusional fanboys Simonizing whatever steaming excrement comes out. 

You're wondering if they're going to give this guy a review unit?

Chesnais would need to have balls of steel instead of the pair of fluffy dice he appears to have dangling between his legs considering how snowflakey they've been towards YouTubers like this.

Edited by Tickled_Pink
  • Haha 5

AtGames Flashback Blast was a scam, they knoew they could not get the roms, NES ROMs and Arcade ROM's are not even close, its not like Coke and Pepsi Fine whatever I wanted Pepsi but I will survive.

Hey I wonder if I can pre-order or buy the Atari VCS from Toys R Us 2, the revenge

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Tickled_Pink said:

You're wondering if they're going to give this guy a review unit?

Chesnais would need to have balls of steel instead of the pair of fluffy dice he appears to have dangling between his legs considering how snowflakey they've been towards YouTubers like this.

There was one tech YouTuber who said he backed the project, but I can't remember who (I thought it was this guy, but it's one of the other ones with glasses and a beard :P ).

I don't think they will do so, they're probably dreading that any of the tech guys get their hands on it, as excepting our friend Zoyx here, they all know that it's as much a laughable PC as it is a game console. We had a preview of how they'll react to negative press from the first The Register piece...and their Reddit behavior. It should keep the popcorn popping, in the event that they finally ship something other than a wordy blog post.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

I think that was John Hancock, meanwhile Intellivision just released a play demo of Moon Patrol, sure not on actual hardware but more than Atari has given us in 2 years.

IMG_CAEF7FE5DB65-1.thumb.jpeg.c7f1d40f2a8cf8774e413c8fe3771192.jpeg

And that officially makes for one other thing that you can get your hands on right now, (Tacos and Amico Club), while you can't get an AtariVCSbox.

Meanwhile, I'm sure Atari is working hard on another "exciting" blog post that is the equivalent of a dog chasing it's tail. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13711886

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

There was one tech YouTuber who said he backed the project, but I can't remember who (I thought it was this guy, but it's one of the other ones with glasses and a beard :P ).

I don't think they will do so, they're probably dreading that any of the tech guys get their hands on it, as excepting our friend Zoyx here, they all know that it's as much a laughable PC as it is a game console. We had a preview of how they'll react to negative press from the first The Register piece...and their Reddit behavior. It should keep the popcorn popping, in the event that they finally ship something other than a wordy blog post.

Not sure about Rich from ReviewTechUSA, but I know that SpawnWave backed it (maybe that's who you were referring to, he has a beard too :P) . But yeah, SpawnWave is actually a really good guy. Very articulate in his reports and explaining things, and he does his best not to get too opinionated, but also looks at everything from a logical perspective. I watch him very often. :)

• Like 3