IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

9 hours ago, OverMuch said:

Regardless, I can't think of an Atari system that had any odd failure rate.  Same for 3DO, CD-i, Vectrex, et al.  

5200 controller is probably the main one but that's not the system itself. 

Jaguar CD, perhaps? That thing seems to be dead half the time. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Today marks day 10 of "no news is good news"!

1647786061_Screenshot_20191208-0757442.thumb.png.b3db138e043048b13bd25572fa88f886.png

Seriously, it's putting a damper on the goal of 1000 pages by the end of the year. We need to average 35 posts a day and "no news" doesn't get us there. Now if we move the goal posts (such a popular cliche) and say 1000 pages by the time the "VCS" is released then we're golden.

Edited by monzamess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Does someone want to take one for the team and see what Destructoid is saying about our favorite boondoggle? I don't feel like slogging thru lots of Resident Evil talk to find out. 
https://www.destructoid.com/in-today-s-episode-of-pregame-discharge-the-resident-evil-3-remake-is-all-but-confirmed-and-the-atari-vcs-still-exists--574457.phtml

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Does someone want to take one for the team and see what Destructoid is saying about our favorite boondoggle? I don't feel like slogging thru lots of Resident Evil talk to find out. 
https://www.destructoid.com/in-today-s-episode-of-pregame-discharge-the-resident-evil-3-remake-is-all-but-confirmed-and-the-atari-vcs-still-exists--574457.phtml

I bit. 60 seconds of thought eerily similar to what's already in this thread. Still a nice win for Atari... if you believe "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, monzamess said:

Seriously, it's putting a damper on the goal of 1000 pages by the end of the year. We need to average 35 posts a day and "no news" doesn't get us there. Now if we move the goal posts (such a popular cliche) and say 1000 pages by the time the "VCS" is released then we're golden.

Well, we can make predictions about their plans to be at CES.  Will they actually be at the show with a playable console and games?  Or will they be in the convention center of a hotel down the street with hourly rates, showing off another PC plugged into a monitor for "illustrative purposes?"

• Like 5

2 hours ago, monzamess said:

I guess if everyone who has posted to this thread eats a taco everyday and posts a picture, we will get there (maybe we need a "Post every time you eat a taco" thread too).

• Like 5

So why do you think in the video they pimp this thing as gaming gaming gaming if it isn't a console?

The biggest fans at the supporter group are basically saying this isn't a console. Why didn't Atari call it the Atari PC?

Also the Atari 2600 was a Video Computer System. Xbox and PS4 could also be called VCS's. Only difference is they have games that are newer than 40 years...

Edited by MrBeefy
Shouldn't name call...I'm not a Werner after all.
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Agillig said:

New update for the Polymega today.  They say they expect the console to be shipped to buyers by the end of February. It's nice to have someone give specific dates.  I'm really interested to see if the Polymega does what it is supposed to. 

No updates and specific hard dates is a bad thing. Don't believe me then ask Atari. Actual news about shipping mean this thing is doomed.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What are you talking about? The VCS has shown us lots of games. Unfortunately they are of the we have an update coming, and soon type of games.

Just saw a video of their latest update. They finally have a working prototype they can show us.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I'm pretty sure Destructoid are about as relevant and quality as Atari SA. 

Which is to say they're not. 

They're almost worse than all the talking head videos because they keep generating controversies with political BS for clicks (though Polygon still has them beat on outrage farming). Your job is to talk about video games, not your ideological puritan world, you twats. 

Sorry, rant, but when these "mainstream" sites bring up something like the VCS, it always feels like a regurgitated footnote, reflecting the quality (or lack thereof) of their journalism. 

5 hours ago, cybercylon said:

I guess if everyone who has posted to this thread eats a taco everyday and posts a picture, we will get there (maybe we need a "Post every time you eat a taco" thread too).

Once I get to the new Taco Bell, I'll be sure to oblige. I'll probably have to wait to upload images until after I spend three hours in the bathroom though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, OCAT said:

So any update about if they are going to have an update this week?

Atari... Your silence will only incriminate you further.

Didn't you hear Brother Arzt? No news is good news! Up is down! Black is white! No games is sandbox! Ignorance is strength! Freedom is slavery! Weeks not months!

Prediction:

Next substantive update (meaning one where they actually move the IGG counter to "production") will be in months, not just weeks. That is to say, no less than 2 months (8 weeks) from 28 November 2019. 

If I'm wrong, Arzt is less of a liar/wishful thinker than I guessed. I don't think I'm wrong. 
[\spoiler]

• Like 6