IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

14 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Didn't you hear Brother Arzt? No news is good news! Up is down! Black is white! No games is sandbox! Ignorance is strength! Freedom is slavery! Weeks not months!

Prediction:

Hide contents

Next substantive update (meaning one where they actually move the IGG counter to "production") will be in months, not just weeks. That is to say, no less than 2 months (8 weeks) from 28 November 2019. 

If I'm wrong, Arzt is less of a liar/wishful thinker than I guessed. I don't think I'm wrong. 
[\spoiler]

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TACODON said:

I'm guessing they will at least have an end of year update. Not that it will tell you anything but I'm certain they will shove something out the door to shut people up.

Will the announcement of their big summer release come on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Didn't you hear Brother Arzt? No news is good news! Up is down! Black is white! No games is sandbox! Ignorance is strength! Freedom is slavery! Weeks not months!

Prediction:

Hide contents

Next substantive update (meaning one where they actually move the IGG counter to "production") will be in months, not just weeks. That is to say, no less than 2 months (8 weeks) from 28 November 2019. 

If I'm wrong, Arzt is less of a liar/wishful thinker than I guessed. I don't think I'm wrong. 
[\spoiler]

52 weeks in a year so they have lots of wiggle room. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

Will the announcement of their big summer release come on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

New Year's Eve late with the hope that everyone is too drunk to really read the announcement that they have canceled the project and they thank everyone for the donations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'll just go ahead and leave this here...   :)

Intellivision® is proud to show off its exclusive version of Atari®'s Breakout® only available on the Intellivision Amico™ console launching 10.10 2020. Although the game will start off in original "vertical mode", it won't take long to utilize the full 16:9 aspect ratio and turn things sideways. Part "block buster" and part 2D side scrolling shooter, you’ll only have a limited amount of time to get to the goal and BREAKOUT! Will the player in the trailer make it to the end on time? They have 4 minutes to complete the task. Players can utilize the vertical touchscreen to control the paddle and (as seen in the trailer) can use motion controls (once a ball is hit) to angle, aim, spin and curve in the direction that you'd like the ball to go! And don't forget, we'll also be adding multi-player couch co-op and versus modes as well!

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Intellivision® is proud to show off its exclusive version of Atari®'s Breakout® only available on the Intellivision Amico™ console launching 10.10 2020. Although the game will start off in original "vertical mode", it won't take long to utilize the full 16:9 aspect ratio and turn things sideways. Part "block buster" and part 2D side scrolling shooter, you’ll only have a limited amount of time to get to the goal and BREAKOUT! Will the player in the trailer make it to the end on time? They have 4 minutes to complete the task. Players can utilize the vertical touchscreen to control the paddle and (as seen in the trailer) can use motion controls (once a ball is hit) to angle, aim, spin and curve in the direction that you'd like the ball to go! And don't forget, we'll also be adding multi-player couch co-op and versus modes as well!

Wait, what!?  I had actually been thinking that it would be funny for the Amico to start licensing and releasing old Atari properties like Marble Madness and 720 that Atari SA doesn't own anymore (which could also feed a good antagonistic ad campaign), but I didn't the Amico to actually be licensing properties that Atari SA currently owns!  I would have thought that Atari would think of the Amico as a key competitor.

Edited by Paul Slocum
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I'm feeling pretty enthused about Amico after the Moon Patrol demo and the videos, awesome stuff!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Saw it in my inbox just now. Pretty cool. I like how it actually evolves over time to get crazier. I think I'd like to see it get even more hectic (almost like a bullet hell shooter), but it's a nest twist as-is. 

Not sure if you've covered this before, but if not, can you say who is developing it? I assume it's licensed from Atari SA, so... how on Earth did you guys get a new Breakout and yet they still can't even show us anything for the VCS? 

I probably skimmed over some of the details previously but it's certainly quite amusing. 

By the way, that woodgrain Amico looks stunning (so do the red and purple ones, but I can't afford three, dammit). I hope I can get one over here! Still skeptical about how well the Amico will do but love your passion, Tommy - here's going it's a success. Too bad Atari SA doesn't have the same passion (though AtariAge has it, and I think most people agree this site and community is the spiritual successor to the Atari of old). 

16 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

Wait, what!?  I had actually been thinking that it would be funny for the Amico to start licensing and releasing old Atari properties like Marble Madness and 720 that Atari SA doesn't own anymore (which could also feed a good antagonistic ad campaign), but I didn't the Amico to actually be licensing properties that Atari SA currently owns!  I would have thought that Atari would think of the Amico as a key competitor.

Yeah, they were advertising pretty much since the Amico reveal that it'd have Atari games. I'm not entirely sure how that works other than just licensing from Atari (presumably), but it sure is a slap in the face for the VCS (and deservedly so). I'd definitely be keen to see IPs they sold off show up on the Amico - that would indeed be funny. 

Edited by TankedThomas
Autocorrect continuously thinks "keen" should be capitalised because I have Commander Keen installed...
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

They've also teased Asteroids and Missile Command. Glad to finally see this in action - shows that it is being properly handled by someone with some vision as to how to "evolve" Breakout. I think that's been the most annoying and frustrating thing about Atari SA. They really are clueless as to what to do with their own IP, but that's what will happen when you didn't create anything in the first place. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

I have 12 of the biggest Atari games that we are re-imagining and doing exclusively for Amico.  

Lets just say.... Fred owed me a big favor.   :)

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Atari presumably aren't worried about the competition because their plan is to palm the VCAss off onto someone else as soon as it comes out, assuming it ever comes out.

If they're unable to do so, the plan B would be to drop it like a ton of bricks and stick to their core businesses of t-shirts and lawsuits.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TankedThomas said:

Saw it in my inbox just now. Pretty cool. I like how it actually evolves over time to get crazier. I think I'd like to see it get even more hectic (almost like a bullet hell shooter), but it's a nest twist as-is. 

Not sure if you've covered this before, but if not, can you say who is developing it? I assume it's licensed from Atari SA, so... how on Earth did you guys get a new Breakout and yet they still can't even show us anything for the VCS? 

I probably skimmed over some of the details previously but it's certainly quite amusing. 

By the way, that woodgrain Amico looks stunning (so do the red and purple ones, but I can't afford three, dammit). I hope I can get one over here! Still skeptical about how well the Amico will do but love your passion, Tommy - here's going it's a success. Too bad Atari SA doesn't have the same passion (though AtariAge has it, and I think most people agree this site and community is the spiritual successor to the Atari of old). 

Yeah, they were advertising pretty much since the Amico reveal that it'd have Atari games. I'm not entirely sure how that works other than just licensing from Atari (presumably), but it sure is a slap in the face for the VCS (and deservedly so). I'd definitely be keen to see IPs they sold off show up on the Amico - that would indeed be funny. 

I licensed 12 of the biggest Atari games directly from Atari SA.  Intellivision pays 100% for the development and our version is "exclusive" only for our system.  They can make a Breakout for the VCS if they wanted... but it won't be ours.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I licensed 12 of the biggest Atari games directly from Atari SA.  Intellivision pays 100% for the development and our version is "exclusive" only for our system.  They can make a Breakout for the VCS if they wanted... but it won't be ours.  :)

Just watched your trailer-- that system looks beautiful dude. I'd love to develop an exclusive game for it. :D 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Just watched your trailer-- that system looks beautiful dude. I'd love to develop an exclusive game for it. :D 

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed it!

You can sign up to get more info as a developer here:  https://www.intellivisionamico.com/contact

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed it!

You can sign up to get more info as a developer here:  https://www.intellivisionamico.com/contact

Beautiful! Thank you very much Tommy! :)

Edit: Looks like Atari removed my latest IGG comment, asking them politely to consider making their next update a video preview of the console running. Another demerit for the VCS. xD

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

'Amico Does What Atari VC-Can't'

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

This looks amazing!

I also had an e-mail recently about the Moon Patrol demo, which likewise looks impressive already.

This is how you sell your system. Show off what the system can do, and tease the exclusives it will have.

That builds interest and excitement in the product, and makes people want it all the more.

So very unlike the VCS 'No news is good news', where you leave the backers/customers completely out of the process and wondering what is going on.

• Like 7