IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I'll just go ahead and leave this here...   :)

Ahem. This thread is reserved for unrequited nostalgia, deep disappointment, and tacos. Since you seem to have actual progress toward releasing this game, I assume you are posting it here because it ships with hot sauce. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

Ahem. This thread is reserved for unrequited nostalgia, deep disappointment, and tacos. Since you seem to have actual progress toward releasing this game, I assume you are posting it here because it ships with hot sauce. ;) 

"Breakout" the Old El Paso medium for me.  About to get hot up in this bitch.  :D

• Haha 9

I dont belive this, I just watched the trailer for Ghostbusters Afterlife, My childhood dreams of being a ghostbuster, that means filming has wrapped up yet Atari in that same time cannot even get a freaking Demo trailer working for a POS retrobox.

(and no I do not count that 2016 Ghostbusters as canon, as far as I cam concerened it should be SHOT out of a cannon, into the sun)

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Lodmot I just read through the IGG comments and those folks are delusional clowns. I don't get why you keep trying to talk sense into them. They are hateful and ignorant of all the facts except what Faux-Tari tells them. I am shocked more of the clowns from the Facebook page don't hang put there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBerel said:

hijack.thumb.jpg.65d3727d6eaff4130e99194fcb71979f.jpg

Oh c'mon... how many times will I get the chance to post an Atari game that is only exclusive on Amico?

(answer....  12).

...and tacos.  (on topic!)

:D

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

Wait, what!?  I had actually been thinking that it would be funny for the Amico to start licensing and releasing old Atari properties like Marble Madness and 720 that Atari SA doesn't own anymore (which could also feed a good antagonistic ad campaign), but I didn't the Amico to actually be licensing properties that Atari SA currently owns!  I would have thought that Atari would think of the Amico as a key competitor.

Atari would need to have a product in order to have a competitor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I'll just go ahead and leave this here...   :)

Intellivision® is proud to show off its exclusive version of Atari®'s Breakout® only available on the Intellivision Amico™ console launching 10.10 2020. Although the game will start off in original "vertical mode", it won't take long to utilize the full 16:9 aspect ratio and turn things sideways. Part "block buster" and part 2D side scrolling shooter, you’ll only have a limited amount of time to get to the goal and BREAKOUT! Will the player in the trailer make it to the end on time? They have 4 minutes to complete the task. Players can utilize the vertical touchscreen to control the paddle and (as seen in the trailer) can use motion controls (once a ball is hit) to angle, aim, spin and curve in the direction that you'd like the ball to go! And don't forget, we'll also be adding multi-player couch co-op and versus modes as well!

6 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I have 12 of the biggest Atari games that we are re-imagining and doing exclusively for Amico.  

Lets just say.... Fred owed me a big favor.   :)

I will be honest and say Breakout doesn't get me excited but this version of Breakout does look fun and neat.

So like did you all help them get their box to boot? Maybe show them how to plug it into a wall amd hit the power switch? Give advice on their OS? Gave up your place in line at manufacturing so they might have a shot of getting them out before New Year?

• Haha 2

brickout, which was the first video game I can remember playing at home, and based on woz's desire to play breakout on a software defined home computer, is one of the games I will always play ... but in 2019 its a little had to be excited about as a money grabber (especially since I have ported it or replicated it on every computer like platform that has come my way over the decades) 

it does look fun and neat though 

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Oh c'mon... how many times will I get the chance to post an Atari game that is only exclusive on Amico?

(answer....  12).

...and tacos.  (on topic!)

:D

I would just like to point out that you can't spell Tallarico without "taco".

Or "Tommy Tallarico" without "Amico" for that matter. Coincidence? ...or perks of being the CEO?

In fact, FYI, Tommy Tallarico is an anagram of Totally Mr. Amico. So I think that settles it.

Edited by JaqenHghar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Just received more garbage in my inbox ??

https://mailchi.mp/atari/atari-vcs-here-come-the-games-36597?e=d39baf12da

94e79403-94e1-4dd5-8acd-e5493c09d2a5.thumb.jpg.a522d40a740e9cbdf70729adfd5fad62.jpg

Hello Backers, Fans, and Followers!

Throughout October and November, various Atari VCS team members spent extended time in China, working closely with our manufacturing partners to finalize preparations for full production of the system hardware. In addition, we have also spent time visiting with PowerA’s factory teams to finalize the Atari joysticks and controllers.

Lots of steady progress is being made and the team brought back tons of great photos and a mountain of updates. Head over to our newest Atari VCS Developer Blog on Medium to read our latest detailed update and take in some of the sights straight from the factory floors and hear more about the manufacturing and validation testing processes.

Read all the previous Atari VCS Developer Blog posts here.

Complete those Backerkit surveys: Mass production and shipping is coming!

Backers, if you don’t do the survey, you may encounter troubles receiving your Atari VCS. Why are you waiting to set up an account? Go to https://atari-vcs.backerkit.com and get it done!

Sincere thanks for your ongoing support! 

⁠— The Atari VCS Team

• Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Yeah, they updated their Medium page with more fluff.  And that logo light-up test appeared in their latest update.

1*fev3vfQsjGk1en7PQemcIw.gif

Omg just imagine the backers who bought into it and keep defending Atari after seeing the logo light up.......

? I can see them now.........

bMT1gAt.thumb.jpg.faec5a580063a5bcafe380791a0149ba.jpg

• Haha 7

https://medium.com/@atarivcs/the-latest-from-the-atari-vcs-factory-its-all-in-the-details-now-6c8ed3365231

Update this morning in my inbox.  I guess this means this thread will grow about 10 pages today with useless trolling comments about how the Atari VCS console is vaporware and that Atari SA is out to screw over all the backers.  That and an endless amount of 5th grade taco jokes.  Yeppers, it is going to be a fun day here in ths thread ?.

Edited by Tidus79001
  • Haha 2

Sounds like this might not be the thread for you, @Tidus79001  

New slogan: "They call it hardware because it's hard!" 

Believe it when you see it: 

In the meantime, backers should keep an eye open for the moment when the icon at the top of the Indiegogo page switches from “Prototype” to “Production.” Right now, we can’t and won’t designate a specific day and time this will happen, and even though we are technically in “production” based on Indiegogo’s definition, we have elected to hold off and use that designation to officially indicate the time when we are finally into true mass production. That’s going to be a great day and it’s coming soon!
  • Like 7