IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

11 hours ago, OCAT said:

Since Atari cannot compete on brute force graphics capability, they need to pull a Nintendo and compete on gameplay, I would suggest Jazzing up old games with flamboyant graphics to appeal to people who are not hard core gamers but want to feel like how they did back in the Arcade days with lights, sounds (Q-sound) and wizzing action, and NOT beeps and Boops like old atari games.

Take games like Ghouls 'N Ghosts Ultimate or Double Dragon Neon, same game jazzed up, and another strong point is the music. My goodness the Streets Mango Tango level (go listen on youtube) just awesome. Other mentions is music from old games like Konami's Voilent-Storm (best rap I ever heard), and X-men 6 player game (Junk Factory)
Games that teeter on the complete rediculousness like Ninja Baseball Batman are not graphics power hungry but are just so much fun and easy to play.
Atari needs an in-house dev and not solely rely on third party.
The VCS need a gimmic like Nintendo, they had the Wii-Mote, slapping a controller with more than 2 buttons on it will turn away old and casual gamers that grew up with NES, Atari and what not. Look for inspiration like "Typing Of The Dead", simple games like Legend Of Zelda did well because of a story and adventure full of clues and not 12 analog sticks and 24 buttons to push.

I might dare suggest ripping off Rob Wyatts latest KickScammer (allegedly) The GameBoard, make Board games and allow people to use cell phones as a controller (Wifi or Bluetooth). The Atari will display a large gameboard on the TV and the cell phone will display the info for each player. The old boardgame CLUE! is a good candidate. There are many older people that do not have 23 hours a day to learn how to play these new games, or the hands to button mash like they used to back in the day.
I dont know what Atari can do to save this thing but hard core games is not the answer, the people that want to play these games want Next Gen consoles with insane graphics at super refresh rates on the TV, to them it is serious competition, shaving off 3 seconds on a level is like a life goal to them.

An example of a system that lasted well over a decade is the Xavix (X-Port), the games were not trying to compare with other videogame consoles but it was a fitness console, much like what the Wii became to be.

You may be looking for the Amico thread. Its under the Intellivision part of the AA forums.

• Haha 4

On 9/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, Spriggy said:
On 8/30/2019 at 7:45 AM, MrBeefy said:

I like how he says one of OUR competitors. Poor John is in deep. If they go belly up someone will need to do a wellness check on him.

To late me thinks Beefy.  Darth Phelan turned to the dark side along time ago!

darthphelanunmasked.jpg.ccc0298bd1ffc312a526c6363ef10654.jpg

Well.  I fear a harmless jovial not-so-funny meme appears to have come to reality. ?  A snapshot of JP from his latest youtube monologue.

darthphelan.thumb.JPG.9b0bd9de3c33624f1a0de3dffd5bdd15.JPG

• Haha 4

^^ Like this Console is going to be an Absolute ClusterFudge Debacle?
Just like Mike (Kennedy) these Goobers spent more time working on how much of a CUT they can take than actually getting games ready for launch?
In an overview these are the problems (in my opinion) with Atari;
#1 Lack of Technical Prowess (Jumping from designer to designer for hardware)
#2 Lack of leadership Fortitude (You do not do an interview and respond with "I don't Know")
#3 Financial Impotence (All of the $3 mill has already been spent or allocated, no room any missteps or mistakes now)

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

Funny Gamestop has the joysticks on preorder for like $49.99. So I saved $20. Time will tell if they deliver. Shipping Q1/Q2 2020.

Be sure to never open that joystick as it's a sure collector's item!

Tiny number of joysticks sold - huge number that don't work = 00000X% working joysticks!

Sure, there's no way of knowing whether yours is working or not, but that just makes it more collectible! ?

Add a pre-launch and launch VCS, apply the same formula and you've got a collectible trifecta!!! ?

Edited by lingyi
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, bonehead said:

This made me chuckle:

image.thumb.png.b56064c750a8103fa1db632b28bf65e1.png

Translated: "We don't have a f'n clue what this thing does.  You guys figure it out."

Rob Wyatt left the keys to the car in the ignition.  Too bad Atari can't drive a stick. 

If I were a backer, I'd be livid about that response. 

• Like 5

^^^ Dang namit!
This is why I disable Images on this forum... Now I am hungry for Tacos, all I have is a can of Chef Boy-R-D in the pantry.
I can make a frozen Pizza and fold it up like a taco, but that would involve turning on a oven, taking it out of the box, recycling the box and finally having to wash a pizza pan. Seems like more work than making a new game console. All right crackers and a can of sardine it is... munch munch

Oh yea and that Atari response is gold.

-"Tools? where we are going we don't need.... -_- tools."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bonehead said:

This made me chuckle:

image.thumb.png.b56064c750a8103fa1db632b28bf65e1.png

Translated: "We don't have a f'n clue what this thing does.  You guys figure it out."

Rob Wyatt left the keys to the car in the ignition.  Too bad Atari can't drive a stick. 

Almost three months away from commercial release and we know little more than its case and specs. 

No news is good news!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Q: What tools? 

A: We can't talk about it.

Devs like @Lodmot: "So if every console is a devkit, what tools will be included?"

Atari SA: "Tools, to god-damned hell with tools! We have no tools. In fact, we don't need tools. I don't have to show you any stinking tools, you god-damned cabrón and chinga tu madre!"

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

If I were a backer, I'd be livid about that response. 

Or you'd just believe a little bit harder, because Atari knows what's best.

The only company that could possibly outdo them on the blind zealotry front is Apple, and I'm saying that by way of the keyboard of a Macbook Pro.

• Like 6

What do you call the backers?

I think they are All the Jedi, I mean Atar'i'.... whispering "our money force is with you... always".
Atari-"I am all the Videogames!!!" /|\
doo dooo do do do duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

/-_-\

Also, I did not eat sardines and crackers, I ate chicken hot dogs and a 1/2 can of beans, now I have a pot to clean. Apparently the "Force" cannot do dishes :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, thanatos said:

I kinda feel bad, does he even know about this forum?

No idea.  The only thing we need to feel bad about, is John not getting his VCS.  I mean, he's only been part of the topic because of his divinely staunch repetitive praise and memories towards current Ataco, although he's actually really praising early 80's Atari, which has no bearing at all on the current muppets.  And I think most of us actually feel sorry for the bugger now, as we can see/read his recent comments and disappointment on the whole shit-show.  I actually think they owe him big-time, after kneeling at the alter of the rotting zombie corpse that once was real Atari for so long!

The memes simply form harmless light humor to highlight the good, the bad and the ugly people caught up in this awful taco-fight.  Putting JP's initial blind loyalty aside, he obviously is one of the good.  IMHO ?

meanwhile.gif.368bf2e1bf7776de8dda7f1249f76051.gif

More BS excuses from the Ashoebox intern over at IGG. ?  Efficiency?  Really?  The last word I associate with Team Ataco!

drivle.thumb.JPG.c645f4400cf47d62abc1d39cdca220f5.JPG

greatexcitement.gif.fabb5306f69509127e1a9b58ce62b16e.gif

• Haha 8