IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Karl Prescott in the supporters group is wanting the downfall of AA, and the racist homophobic Shawn n Misty are bragging about being banned from the AA FB group for telling people how to slit wrists or something like that. It is sick losers like that which remind us that guys like John are diamonds compared to people like them. I do think there's hope for Andy though.

Btw I'm pretty sure Karl is Biff. 

20191220_210213.thumb.png.15f9f9af072eed5982b7724ae3881875.png

Screenshot_20191021-201853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb40361c118525732d53a4b872646908.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TACODON said:

@MrBeefy I am so glad I left that fb group. Though the other fan group also has some of the same idiots in it. I just was arguing with one the other day. Actually I think you commented on that also. Anyways yes these people are sick and twisted. Corrupted by the Dark Side of the Force. 

which post?  that one with Noel?

BUT YOU GUYZ THE ATARI VCS WILL TOTALLY BE AT CES- I KNOW BECAUSE THE TWO THINGS RHYME!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Karl Prescott in the supporters group is wanting the downfall of AA, and the racist homophobic Shawn n Misty are bragging about being banned from the AA FB group for telling people how to slit wrists or something like that. It is sick losers like that which remind us that guys like John are diamonds compared to people like them. I do think there's hope for Andy though.

Btw I'm pretty sure Karl is Biff. 

20191220_210213.thumb.png.15f9f9af072eed5982b7724ae3881875.png

Screenshot_20191021-201853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb40361c118525732d53a4b872646908.jpg

As mentioned elsewhere, Biff aka Man of a Thousand alts has always had this 'crusade' for 'taking down' Atari Age- he's doxxed Albert on Reddit, ranted on multiple social media outlets about it, etc.  He has a specific way of saying things that make his puppet accounts all the same.

I'm still a member of the Supporter group, so I guess the Werners haven't been clever enough to find me yet- even though Andrew has me blocked on FB ;)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I wanted tacos, but ended up at Del Taco. Close enough.

AfgRP4p.jpg

And yep, that's the El Yucateco Mayan Sauce on the tacos.

You Lucky Dog!!

I Love Del Taco!

But I think it's easy to take things for granted if you can have it any time ya want...

Nearest Del Taco to me is about 90 miles away...So only after concerts in Denver, and Only if they're open on the way home...

Let me guess...There's one on your way home from work?

• Like 1

I guess the big reveal will be somewhere between Jan 25 and Feb 8th next year, Cheeseguy will probably stay in China for the festival to make sure those Atari VCS consoles are on schedule. He will be able to spend some time personally looking over each system for fit and finish as the factory will be closed.
Also it is year of the RAT. ;)

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

You Lucky Dog!!

I Love Del Taco!

But I think it's easy to take things for granted if you can have it any time ya want...

Nearest Del Taco to me is about 90 miles away...So only after concerts in Denver, and Only if they're open on the way home...

Walking distance from Work, but that doesn't do me any good, since I never go to the office.

Nearest one from my house is 12 miles.  Worth it, if I am in that area, as I also love Del Taco for fast cheap hard shell tacos.

One of our French members, could probably make a fortune, with a proper Taco truck in France. :ponder:

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

One of our French members, could probably make a fortune, with a proper Taco truck in France.

Actually O'Tacos restaurants are multiplying in Paris these days... I haven't tried them yet, because they don't really look authentic enough for me. A friend of mine recently made me discover a very good Mexican restaurant though, just next to an O'Tacos. ;)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

You Lucky Dog!!

I Love Del Taco!

Have to admit that I do occasionally get an almost overwhelming craving for their crunchy tacos at times - and for some reason, I really like their fries.

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Nah, for the most part I'm working from home these days and when I do have to go on-site they're not usually on the routes I end up on.  This means that I usually end up having to make the arduous 2.5-mile trek over there to get my fix ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OCAT said:

I guess the big reveal will be somewhere between Jan 25 and Feb 8th next year, Cheeseguy will probably stay in China for the festival to make sure those Atari VCS consoles are on schedule. He will be able to spend some time personally looking over each system for fit and finish as the factory will be closed.
Also it is year of the RAT. ;)

Is it wrong that I'm morbidly curious to see this thing launch?  You've got all these backers expecting to be able to buy perfectly emulated Jaguar games for 99 cents, and Atari's basically telling people they are on their own in terms of finding games to play on the system. 

I imagine once the system is released, there will be gloating and we'll be mocked by name on the FB group.   In some ways, I envy the backers. It's an exciting  time for them.  We all have those holy grails we go through life chasing.  In my adult life, in terms of material things, it's been different guns, a certain car, and of course, video game stuff.  It's exciting to get that new thing and find out it was worth the wait.  Although sometimes, the quest is more rewarding than the goal, which I would think will be the case with the VCS.

I'm not really sure who I blame for this.  There have been plenty of warning signs, and Atari has been careful enough to be vague about what the system's future will bring.  They kinda cherry pick what details to emphasize, which isn't exactly pro-consumer, but not really illegal.   It's been quite awhile since they flat out lied, so I guess that's something.  Probably Atari's biggest fault is selling a beloved name on a terrible product. The VCS is going to be the Rise of Skywalker of the video game market. It's a terrible product, but nostalgia carried it a bit.

But then again, as much as I feel sorry for the backers who are about to see their dreams shattered like a pumpkin thrown from a moving car at a mailbox, a lot of them are guilty in keeping this dumpster fire burning.  Being a fan is one thing, being an internet brown shirt is another.  Some of these guys shilled so hard, you'd think they were getting paid to do it.  I assume they're not.  These guys got quite nasty in defense of a company that is going to send them an empty box in apparently over a month.  What these guys fail to understand is that brown shirts were expendable.  They gave 300 bucks to a band of IP pirates that could barely deliver a speaker hat, and expectly a revolutionary gaming system.  When people were skeptical, they lost their minds.

So, I don't know who's to blame.  You've got a user/abuser and you've got an enabler.  I'm curious to see how long the backers keep supporting the system once it hits and Atari's promises see fruition.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Actually O'Tacos restaurants are multiplying in Paris these days... I haven't tried them yet, because they don't really look authentic enough for me. A friend of mine recently made me discover a very good Mexican restaurant though, just next to an O'Tacos. ;)

Don't, it's disgusting. By comparison, McDonalds has quality tasty ingredients ...

There is a chipotle on Grand Boulevards though, only been once years ago, but if I recall it wasn't bad.

Discovered Taco Bell last week in vacation abroad, damn, how is this a success ? (O Tacos is way way way worse)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Is it wrong that I'm morbidly curious to see this thing launch?  You've got all these backers expecting to be able to buy perfectly emulated Jaguar games for 99 cents, and Atari's basically telling people they are on their own in terms of finding games to play on the system. 

I imagine once the system is released, there will be gloating and we'll be mocked by name on the FB group.   In some ways, I envy the backers. It's an exciting  time for them.  We all have those holy grails we go through life chasing.  In my adult life, in terms of material things, it's been different guns, a certain car, and of course, video game stuff.  It's exciting to get that new thing and find out it was worth the wait.  Although sometimes, the quest is more rewarding than the goal, which I would think will be the case with the VCS.

I'm not really sure who I blame for this.  There have been plenty of warning signs, and Atari has been careful enough to be vague about what the system's future will bring.  They kinda cherry pick what details to emphasize, which isn't exactly pro-consumer, but not really illegal.   It's been quite awhile since they flat out lied, so I guess that's something.  Probably Atari's biggest fault is selling a beloved name on a terrible product. The VCS is going to be the Rise of Skywalker of the video game market. It's a terrible product, but nostalgia carried it a bit.

But then again, as much as I feel sorry for the backers who are about to see their dreams shattered like a pumpkin thrown from a moving car at a mailbox, a lot of them are guilty in keeping this dumpster fire burning.  Being a fan is one thing, being an internet brown shirt is another.  Some of these guys shilled so hard, you'd think they were getting paid to do it.  I assume they're not.  These guys got quite nasty in defense of a company that is going to send them an empty box in apparently over a month.  What these guys fail to understand is that brown shirts were expendable.  They gave 300 bucks to a band of IP pirates that could barely deliver a speaker hat, and expectly a revolutionary gaming system.  When people were skeptical, they lost their minds.

So, I don't know who's to blame.  You've got a user/abuser and you've got an enabler.  I'm curious to see how long the backers keep supporting the system once it hits and Atari's promises see fruition.  

I'm ready for the release too. Some will love it others will hate it. Only way the avid supporters will dislike it, is if it is a lemon.

Yeah, I'm ready for them to finally excrete some barely functional Linux PC in a plastic project box so the wingnuts can finally have their long awaited orgasmic release of "I told you so," just before they settle into the wet spot of their disappointment and cognitive dissonance as reality sets in and they adjust to their long abstinence period of "I never really cared in the first place." Unfortunately, you know the doinks involved are still in over the heads no matter how much they lower the bar, and this will continue to drag on and on.

The bullshit has become ever so tiresome, and I'm tired of reading the same dorks posting under 30 different user names. On the plus side, maybe we'll finally get to play the Biffy award winning "Mousetraps of Zentheria" while looking at pictures of broken classic controllers on the interwebs.

• Like 10

Two videos from GURU LARRY for CheeseGuy to watch before he launches the VCS. Yes, everything will be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc-QAbIgQRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf-Lt5SNHYk

I will leave a bit of advice for anyone buying a new product from a company that is not established.

1) Before you buy the product, E-mail or Give a rin-a-ding-ding to the company's customer service and enquire about how to get your defective product serviced. If you cannot even get a reply or are on the phone for over an hour, you know it is going to be a bad experience.
Since this is a new product, there is no need for them to verify information since there should be at least one year warranty on parts and labour. If they quote any fees well you know what they are all about. And if you have to pay for shipping both ways be wary, you will not get anything repaired properly.

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Zor said:

Don't, it's disgusting. By comparison, McDonalds has quality tasty ingredients ...

There is a chipotle on Grand Boulevards though, only been once years ago, but if I recall it wasn't bad.

Discovered Taco Bell last week in vacation abroad, damn, how is this a success ? (O Tacos is way way way worse)

Just took a look at the O'Tacos website.  Almost every ingredient they show is something that I really like - it's just not something that I would ever want to see in a taco.

Speaking of unusual tacos: if anyone ever finds themselves in the Pasadena, California area and can't decide between Mexican and Indian food, give California Chutney a shot.  It's basically Indian food in taco form using naan instead of a tortilla or shell.  They also use a DIY approach to ordering, so you can pretty much tailor your food to your taste.  Haven't eaten there in about 5 years, but the last time I did it was really good.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Just took a look at the O'Tacos website.  Almost every ingredient they show is something that I really like - it's just not something that I would ever want to see in a taco.

Speaking of unusual tacos: if anyone ever finds themselves in the Pasadena, California area and can't decide between Mexican and Indian food, give California Chutney a shot.  It's basically Indian food in taco form using naan instead of a tortilla or shell.  They also use a DIY approach to ordering, so you can pretty much tailor your food to your taste.  Haven't eaten there in about 5 years, but the last time I did it was really good.

It's not the ingredients, it's the quality of them ... think "chicken" at subway with its fake grill marks. You get a lot of quantity that's for sure, but end up with a greasy mess of non descript flavor. They might have improved though as they have high ratings on google. Or it suits their target demographics, or I'm a snob ... but I quite like junk food in general and there are quite a few options in Paris.

In any case, they seem to have a successful business, maybe Atari just needs to add a generous amount of an oily cheesy mess to the VCS to make it work ;)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Finally! It just took you 990 pages to scold him... ;)
By the way, I noticed at least 3 AtariAge users making this error, and they all have 'dragon' in their username!!! Maybe they need this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Take two:  I should have stopped and had a taco.   I'll take my lumps and try to redeem myself.  That or commit seppuku.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1