IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

I already posted it on Facebook, but that promotional picture looks familiar.

atarivcs-spinnaker.jpg.523733f2bab7a089f4880f73808f9b46.jpg

You bought a gaming console to cultivate your kids' minds.

Make sure it's bearing fruit, not growing vegetables.

That pic is almost reminiscent from the movie Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

image.png.2857c7fcc3515766bc08a4635871990a.png

• Like 8

On 12/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, JBerel said:

Yeah, I'm ready for them to finally excrete some barely functional Linux PC in a plastic project box so the wingnuts can finally have their long awaited orgasmic release of "I told you so," just before they settle into the wet spot of their disappointment and cognitive dissonance as reality sets in and they adjust to their long abstinence period of "I never really cared in the first place."

You're already seeing previews of that from people like Noel "Did You Even Back It" Joseph, who you know, forgot they even paid for it so who cares?

It'll just be a plus when it shows up, because apparently forgetful money dumps are a recreational activity now.

• Like 6

Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.  I love new technology.   What I don't love is:

1) Unethical business practices.

2) Junk technology getting a famous IP slapped on it to market it to unsuspecting customers. 

For the record, I'm only responding to this post here because I can't respond on the IG page.  I don't recall anyone getting hit with hate here, especially for posting facts.  Maybe try again?

20191222_135721.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Agillig said:

For the record, I'm only responding to this post here because I can't respond on the IG page.  I don't recall anyone getting hit with hate here, especially for posting facts.  Maybe try again?

20191222_135721.jpg

We're not anti-fact.  If we were, that and $199+ would make us Ataribox-supporters.

Really, they're pretty loose with facts whereas we deal in them.  That doesn't always mean we're right, but I think we put in due diligence. 

As for who this is, I don't know.  We had two or three trolls pop up and each time we "hated" them with the actual facts.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Everyone just calm down, let these people have thier say, let them enjoy the thought of actually getting a new Atari console.
Just stay on the sidelines and be at peace, for the time of reckoning is coming, and they all shall recieve the comeuppance dished out.
I am calmly working on my speech, and boy it is a doozy. Lots of "I told you so" and references to Coleco Chameleon.
The cool-aid poured out of the jug of Atari must be laced with some psychotropic agent because sugar alone cannot explain the rabbid fanboyism that rivals that of Apple's sheep. Even Apple cannot get away with "No news is good news" that is some serious (insert Angry nintendo Nerd expletives %&$#!) Buffalo diarrhea mess.
Saying sheet like that takes some serious Cult leadership experience (allegedly)
I'd rather have a Bento box than an Atari box, and I dont eat raw fish!

When the warmth of the wet pee in thier pants has gone, the cold cold truth will sit in, then and ONLY then will you be able to have a rational conversation.

Edited by OCAT
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Agillig said:

Actually, nothing could be further from the truth.  I love new technology.   What I don't love is:

2) Junk technology getting a famous IP slapped on it to market it to unsuspecting customers. 

20191222_135721.jpg

At the very least, there are some of us who like Atari kit from the 1970s and 1990s too. ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

20191222_135721.jpg

@The Historian would probably be the best person to ask with the least amount of bias.

misinformation.thumb.JPG.5af7d02df43cded9281783b3647ac249.JPG

I wasn't going to waste my time replying, but meh ... it's quiet at work, so may as well clear up some things for some "misinformed" livid avid IGG AA readers ..... AGAIN. ?

1stly, I'll quote @jaybird3rd 's comment he has re-iterated multiple times through-out this thread.

On 6/12/2019 at 6:11 AM, jaybird3rd said:

The argument hasn't been that they will release *nothing*, but that what they finally *do* release will fail to live up to the hype, because KookyFrenchGuyAtari does not have the necessary talent or resources to create anything sufficiently different from other alternatives to justify the $3M that they raised from crowdfunding. When "that Ataribox?" finally does shipwhatever it ends up beingand when the True Believers inevitably claim that this somehow "proves the naysayers wrong," they will only be setting up a straw man.

And now to address some pigeon comments ...

"It seems like Atari Age ONLY cares about retro-console & homebrews...things they make money on(physical cartridges)"

Ahhhhhhh  No.  If you'd bother to look at the many forum topic headings, you'll notice ALL things console and PC are discussed ... and with much passion & gusto at times.  Mind you, this is AtariAge, hence it doesn't take a rocket scientist to envision the old Atari Consoles play a big part in this community.  In relation to the homebrews comment, you do realize that almost all the roms that these very talented programmers are producing, can be downloaded for FREE for personal use?  As for the money.  Bloody oath these programmers should get some spondoolies for their passion & hard work, for reasons that should be obvious.

"...they DON'T seem to want ATARI to rise out of system dormancy."

What?  We'd love to see the rotting corpse of the Atari business name rise from the doldrums, have the right people at the helm and produce a console that can compete against the big names. ie Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo.  Very sad that it isn't so!

"Also, it seems like MOST of the people on their forums are COMPLETE a-holes."

MOST of the people on AtariAge are just like any other online community forum participants.  Passionate, fine and dandy.  A very small % are COMPLETE a-holes.  We only have to read some of the comments on your side of the taco fence to see that you have some COMPLETE a-holes flapping their mouths.

"...they ALL seem to HATE ATARI"

Hello McFly!  The site is called ATARIAGE ... we discuss all things ATARI, old and new ... Homebrews are made for all the past ATARI consoles. We are dissapointed current ATACO is nothing like the past ATARI we all knew & loved.  Dumb comment.

"It doesn't really matter though BUT can't wait for release of the ATARI VCS II to prove them and the many vloggers wrong."

I would absolutely love for you to prove us wrong.  Because that would mean we would "see the rotting corpse of the Atari business name rise from the doldrums, have the right people at the helm and produce a console that can compete against the big names. ie Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo."   Sadly you know that is not going to be the case.  In fact, the only thing you do know for sure, is what the Ashoebox case looks like ........ maybe ....... probably ... I'm pretty sure. 

Merry Christmas?

santa-claus-zombie.thumb.jpg.2a56bd80519cecf0febfd59892c2dcbd.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spriggy said:

misinformation.thumb.JPG.5af7d02df43cded9281783b3647ac249.JPG

I wasn't going to waste my time replying, but meh ... it's quiet at work, so may as well clear up some things for some "misinformed" livid avid IGG AA readers ..... AGAIN. ?

1stly, I'll quote @jaybird3rd 's comment he has re-iterated multiple times through-out this thread.

And now to address some pigeon comments ...

"It seems like Atari Age ONLY cares about retro-console & homebrews...things they make money on(physical cartridges)"

Ahhhhhhh  No.  If you'd bother to look at the many forum topic headings, you'll notice ALL things console and PC are discussed ... and with much passion & gusto at times.  Mind you, this is AtariAge, hence it doesn't take a rocket scientist to envision the old Atari Consoles play a big part in this community.  In relation to the homebrews comment, you do realize that almost all the roms that these very talented programmers are producing, can be downloaded for FREE for personal use?  As for the money.  Bloody oath these programmers should get some spondoolies for their passion & hard work, for reasons that should be obvious.

"...they DON'T seem to want ATARI to rise out of system dormancy."

What?  We'd love to see the rotting corpse of the Atari business name rise from the doldrums, have the right people at the helm and produce a console that can compete against the big names. ie Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo.  Very sad that it isn't so!

"Also, it seems like MOST of the people on their forums are COMPLETE a-holes."

MOST of the people on AtariAge are just like any other online community forum participants.  Passionate, fine and dandy.  A very small % are COMPLETE a-holes.  We only have to read some of the comments on your side of the taco fence to see that you have some COMPLETE a-holes flapping their mouths.

"...they ALL seem to HATE ATARI"

Hello McFly!  The site is called ATARIAGE ... we discuss all things ATARI, old and new ... Homebrews are made for all the past ATARI consoles. We are dissapointed current ATACO is nothing like the past ATARI we all knew & loved.  Dumb comment.

"It doesn't really matter though BUT can't wait for release of the ATARI VCS II to prove them and the many vloggers wrong."

I would absolutely love for you to prove us wrong.  Because that would mean we would "see the rotting corpse of the Atari business name rise from the doldrums, have the right people at the helm and produce a console that can compete against the big names. ie Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo."   Sadly you know that is not going to be the case.  In fact, the only thing you do know for sure, is what the Ashoebox case looks like ........ maybe ....... probably ... I'm pretty sure. 

Merry Christmas?

santa-claus-zombie.thumb.jpg.2a56bd80519cecf0febfd59892c2dcbd.jpg

I love all that money I'm not getting for all those games I'm not making. Nice to know Albert is making so much from homebrews that he has a forum subscriber option to help pay for the servers.

They really are dumb. There is a dedicated forum to the AtGames stuff which while made by AtGames is an Atari product. Some love them some don't. I really wanted to get the Ataribox. It is just they have yet to show me something I can't do with my RPi or PC.

That's why people are hating on it. Because they messed up an opportunity and currently still are. They also have an identity crisis. Atari is back in gaming. Its the Unconsole. Its a sandbox PC. Do what you want with it. It isn't just this site either. This forum has more participants than the VCS has backers. Messed it up they have. There is a section of this forum to have a good discussion. This thread is about tacos.

Your supporter group has a legit hater of people who wants people to commit suicide. So either someone is in denial or wants people to do that themselves. Either way I'm glad I'm not you. Enjoy your hate and shitty toy of a PC.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 7

Ummm...define "complete a-holes".  I've put out an open invite to discuss this system on DM, but certain people enjoy the theatrics.  Odd that people get mad about us publicly bashing this thing, but never want to discuss it in private.

If he's mad about the meme I used him in, maybe he should try actually debating people over comments made about YouTube videos, instead of just accusing them of being paid shills, which is ironic.   Anyway, I really hope Atari is about to let this thing fly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

@The Historian would probably be the best person to ask with the least amount of bias.

This covers it nicely...

4 hours ago, Spriggy said:

MOST of the people on AtariAge are just like any other online community forum participants.  Passionate, fine and dandy.  A very small % are COMPLETE a-holes. 

But both sides have their "colorful" characters.

49 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Ummm...define "complete a-holes".  I've put out an open invite to discuss this system on DM, but certain people enjoy the theatrics.  Odd that people get mad about us publicly bashing this thing, but never want to discuss it in private.

If he's mad about the meme I used him in, maybe he should try actually debating people over comments made about YouTube videos, instead of just accusing them of being paid shills, which is ironic.   Anyway, I really hope Atari is about to let this thing fly. 

This is where you lose me.

Fine... Attack the machine and the company all you want but personally attacking individuals (Fred is a public figure so you get a pass on him), which has absolutely happened on both sides of this product, to me... is a shameful thing. In my mind that kind of behavior makes both sides look bad.

As for AA... When new people come to this community, and this thread is the first place they interact with you because they know nothing about the rest of the community, you should be treating them as guests in your home. Be kind. Be welcoming. Absolutely guide them to better knowledge and understanding, but leave the directed personal comments and attacks out of it.

As I've said before, if they are personally attacked just for commenting here (or elsewhere), why would they bother to look around at the other places in the AA community? If you walk into a new house and someone immediately drops a bucket of manure on your head are you going to risk walking into another room or are you going to leave thinking cow-patty throwing, taco loving cretins live there?

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Historian said:

As I've said before, if they are personally attacked just for commenting here (or elsewhere), why would they bother to look around at the other places in the AA community? If you walk into a new house and someone immediately drops a bucket of manure on your head are you going to risk walking into another room or are you going to leave thinking cow-patty throwing, taco loving cretins live there?

I'm glad you've stuck around.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Historian said:

This covers it nicely...

But both sides have their "colorful" characters.

This is where you lose me.

Fine... Attack the machine and the company all you want but personally attacking individuals (Fred is a public figure so you get a pass on him), which has absolutely happened on both sides of this product, to me... is a shameful thing. In my mind that kind of behavior makes both sides look bad.

As for AA... When new people come to this community, and this thread is the first place they interact with you because they know nothing about the rest of the community, you should be treating them as guests in your home. Be kind. Be welcoming. Absolutely guide them to better knowledge and understanding, but leave the directed personal comments and attacks out of it.

I don't think anyone's been attacked that hasn't asked for it.  Is it childish?  Yes.  Do I feel bad about partaking?  Also...yes.  But at the same time, when people attack other people for pointing out fraudulent behavior, they open themselves up for all kinds of derision. 

As I've said REPEATEDLY,  I'll discuss the issues I have about this system with supporters in private message.   No takers, even though they talk about me in their not-so-private private club.  That's because they enjoy the drama.   No big deal.  Again, I don't remember anyone on this website being attacked.

• Like 9