IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, Max Ivi said:

I think we just see the tip of the iceberg

I expect at least the delivery of the VCS for the backers (probably January)

following the first delivery, people will be able to give a real opinion on VCS

I think CES 2020 will be the first real craze ( during the pre-sale walmart january at march 2020 )

CES is perfect place to reveal the VCS and make Hype

I'm not desperate, but just very disappointed with the communication and all the delays

We will see ...

So, just to clarify to make sure I understand. You still believe in it because you think there is something huge that they have not said? What evidence is there of that?

Considering that they already have preorders up, what would be the reason to hide big news that would get them more preorders?

I think we have seen it all minus the ports of their mobile games/other games that have been on other platforms. They are already talking about what the community can make and avoiding what they are making.

I hope you are right but I'm afraid this is another example of you being hopeful for the Atari Google partnership. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverMuch said:

Hi, Max.  I have a few questions/opinions about this.  Please don't take them as antagonistic, as I'm being completely genuine.  

I wonder what kind of hype machine you see Atari managing, esp. at CES 2020?  I am absolutely confident that all eyes are going to be on Microsoft and Sony, and everything else will be a footnote.  Beyond the built-in fanbases of the respective systems building up hype, do you think Atari could come up with the money for a media push that would make Joe and Jane Q. Public aware that the VCS exists?

Hi OverMuch

I like your question and I want to answer without being insulted

Yes Microsoft and Sony will do the show, but Atari also If they presents the VCS

VCS for me : Cloud gaming with a lot catalog like Stadia, X-Cloud, Epic Games, Shadow   

VCS for me : Blockcahin games with Unity, Ultra, Enjin, Animoca, the Abyss and a lot more

VCS for me : Big partner higthly confidential ( may be one of them Google, Amazon, Facebook or others ) 

The outcome is getting closer

52 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So, just to clarify to make sure I understand. You still believe in it because you think there is something huge that they have not said? What evidence is there of that?

Considering that they already have preorders up, what would be the reason to hide big news that would get them more preorders?

I think we have seen it all minus the ports of their mobile games/other games that have been on other platforms. They are already talking about what the community can make and avoiding what they are making.

I hope you are right but I'm afraid this is another example of you being hopeful for the Atari Google partnership. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

impossible for ( exemple ) Amazon to dirty his image, Product must be finished before presenting it.

VCS : go to have Atari Token inside ( for buy, sell and Create )  Create items or others thing using the blockchain ... 

9 minutes ago, Max Ivi said:

Hi OverMuch

Yes Microsoft and Sony will do the show, but Atari also If they presents the VCS

VCS for me : Cloud gaming with a lot catalog like Stadia, X-Cloud, Epic Games, Shadow   

VCS for me : Blockcahin games with Unity, Ultra, Enjin, Animoca, the Abyss and a lot more

VCS for me : Big partner higthly confidential ( may be one of them Google, Amazon, Facebook or others ) 

That really didn't answer my questions at all.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no highly confidential partner waiting to be revealed, sorry.  That's not how business works.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Max Ivi said:

For point one, the beauty of cloud gaming - assuming a person is onboard with that idea in the first place - is that it's mostly hardware independent, so I don't really see that as something in anyone's favor, let alone the VCS. It's only in the favor of the streaming company.

For point two, I'd love to hear what you mean by that and what the Atari VCS can offer.

For point three, I've said this before when this was first announced and I'll say it again now... These big partners don't need Atari for anything. Atari is too tiny and brings nothing to the table other than a name with a small amount of cache with certain types of games. If one of these big companies are going to do something, they're going to do it themselves, and most of them already are in one form or another.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OverMuch said:

Hi, Max.  I have a few questions/opinions about this.  Please don't take them as antagonistic, as I'm being completely genuine.  

I wonder what kind of hype machine you see Atari managing, esp. at CES 2020?  I am absolutely confident that all eyes are going to be on Microsoft and Sony, and everything else will be a footnote.  Beyond the built-in fanbases of the respective systems building up hype, do you think Atari could come up with the money for a media push that would make Joe and Jane Q. Public aware that the VCS exists?

what kind of hype machine you see Atari managing, esp. at CES 2020?  Cloud gaming ( a lot catalog, Esport games and blockchain games ) 

do you think Atari could come up with the money for a media push that would make Joe and Jane Q. Public aware that the VCS exists?  the partners ( like Amazon, AMD, others I don't no who ) do that

• Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Max Ivi said:

Hi OverMuch

But What is Blockchain games ?

Blockchain is a technology to execute a transaction without relying on intermediaries such as banks and the SWIFT Network.

Where and when has Atari ever explained what this had to do with games ? 

If it's about in game currency, blockhain brings absolutely nothing to the table. 

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Max Ivi said:

what kind of hype machine you see Atari managing, esp. at CES 2020?  Cloud gaming ( a lot catalog, Esport games and blockchain games ) 

do you think Atari could come up with the money for a media push that would make Joe and Jane Q. Public aware that the VCS exists?  the partners ( like Amazon, AMD, others I don't no who ) do that

I don't think you understand my first question.  I'll just leave it be.

As for the second question:  You're mistaken.  Even if the partners DID do that, what makes you think they could/will?  

2 minutes ago, OverMuch said:

I don't think you understand my first question.  I'll just leave it be.

As for the second question:  You're mistaken.  Even if the partners DID do that, what makes you think they could/will?  

Even if the partners DID do that, what makes you think they could/will?  

Because the partner is part of the project, Atari basically is just the brand ( VCS ) new console for Democratize blockchain games

9 minutes ago, Zor said:

But What is Blockchain games ?

Blockchain is a technology to execute a transaction without relying on intermediaries such as banks and the SWIFT Network.

Where and when has Atari ever explained what this had to do with games ? 

If it's about in game currency, blockhain brings absolutely nothing to the table. 

This is what I still don't understand.   I've seen a lot of supporters tout this feature.   I've done research on blockchain, but I'm still in the same boat you are.  I don't understand the draw. 

• Like 4

Just now, Max Ivi said:

Because the partner is part of the project, Atari basically is just the brand ( VCS ) new console for Democratize blockchain games

Again, not being antagonistic, but you are 100% incorrect and unaware of how a basic business operates. Atari's marketing department (which, as far as I can see, doesn't exist) is responsible for creating they "hype" and brand awareness.  I regret to inform you that there are no "partners" that are going to pick up the slack, especially to the degree you believe they aspire.

Atari SA does not have the money or the financial backing to make a huge showing at CES 2020, or any other showing other than a fart in a hurricane.  It's simply not going to happen, period.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Max Ivi said:

What partners does Atari have?  I don't remember anyone announcing a partnership. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max Ivi said:

Google can't get cloud gaming to work for crap Atari isn't going to be able to.

At best your partners are the devs already working on or have made other games.

So what evidence do you have that the partnership is anyone huge? Also please remember how you were saying the same thing when Google was going to announce Stadia. 

You either have some evidence or are just wishing for something big. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, racerx said:

Screenshot_20191223-210738.thumb.png.c2cf4e3da5dd68c5d672f8c731678249.png

I don't think he needs to leave but I'm curious as to why he keeps thinking these things.

Maybe the partner is Converse? They may have a deal to do a special box for the VCS and maybe they can slap the fuji symbol on a pair of shoes.

Maybe there will be bluetooth speaker and pedomiter in them. Part of the Atari Life brand.

Edited by MrBeefy
Speakers....
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Max Ivi said:

I'm with Bill for the most part but...

I feel like Blockchain gaming is buzzword bingo. Slapping Crypto into a game doesn’t make it any different from any other game. Blockchain offers nothing to game play that doesn’t already exist in some form already. Second Life has been converting game content to cash for a long time.

Non-fungible assets, just means that the items have a Unique ID of some kind. Which is absolutely not some magical innovation. But you might say it lets the developer control scarcity... again nothing that has been done before without Blockchain.

I mean the only little thing that it offers is that it's decentralized, but is that a good thing? Scalability and slow network speeds will be an issue. And yeah you can make a centralized/decentralized hybrid, but why bother when it can be just centralized and the game company can control everything?

Edited by The Historian
more words
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MrBeefy said:

I don't think he needs to leave but I'm curious as to why he keeps thinking these things.

He's been thinking these things for the past two and a half years, despite Atari ignoring and disappointing him over the same period of time.

It's a broken record of "big partner" and "real news" anticipation, over and over. There's a difference between being positive and completely disregarding reality.

• Like 4