IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

15 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Actually had something similar recently to this in the UK. People might laugh for it being vegan, but its not like I'll ever be eating pork again.

There's that lightly scented air of smugness that everyone loves about vegan's. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I could really go for a Meaty Update on the Atari VCS right about now, :P

You would think there would be at least 1 mini leak from the factory, a high profile comeback from a video game company that once dominated the market, you expect some corperate espionage with Google, Apple, Sony, Xbox and Nintendo shacking in thier boots.

Atari, you got 'em where you want 'em, on the run! now all you have to do is sell a 100+ million consoles, create a user base that will attract top tier Devs, and you will be back on top, You can do it! go get 'em Jaguar.

I have an idea for a viral campaign, PONG! (Please dont sue me, fair use) Make a social media post about how PONG! is everywhere in your life, Make a PONG! App for Android and IOS, release it free, then release one for Apple and Android watches, then run a contest where you register your name and everytime you play PONG! on any device, it accululates the paddle hits, then the highest hits will be rewarded with a super limited edition PONG! Atari VCS collectors edition.
People will be playing PONG! all day everyday!. Make PONG! cereal, Pong LED Keychains, Pong Happy Meal toys, Ping Pong PONG! city tournaments,
Hostess Twinkie PONG! edition, Kentucky Fried PONG! snack packs...

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Cute intel-based tiny PC from Lenovo. The low end pricing is in line with "Atari" and it presumably comes with a Windows license. Not explicitly a game machine. Would be fun to run comparative benchmarks against the Ryzen embedded stuff. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OCAT said:

I could really go for a Meaty Update on the Atari VCS right about now, :P

You would think there would be at least 1 mini leak from the factory, a high profile comeback from a video game company that once dominated the market, you expect some corperate espionage with Google, Apple, Sony, Xbox and Nintendo shacking in thier boots.

Atari, you got 'em where you want 'em, on the run! now all you have to do is sell a 100+ million consoles, create a user base that will attract top tier Devs, and you will be back on top, You can do it! go get 'em Jaguar.

Well, Sega of Japan was afraid of the Jaguar, which led to the creation of the 32X.   So, in a round about way, Atari did take out a major player in the 90's.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1389780946_ScreenShot2020-01-05at8_03_57PM.png.356ee34dc88dbd8f4d305e60afa5343c.png

Somebody apparently is still around and responding to easy questions on FB but ignoring the hard questions on Indiegogo and Reddit.  Also, they're shipping in weeks but can't even say what the Atari Vault games are yet?

Edited by Paul Slocum
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paul Slocum said:

1389780946_ScreenShot2020-01-05at8_03_57PM.png.356ee34dc88dbd8f4d305e60afa5343c.png

Somebody apparently is still around and responding to easy questions on FB but ignoring the hard questions on Indiegogo and Reddit.  Also, they're shipping in weeks but can't even say what the Atari Vault games are yet?

Next they'll be saying "Hey! We've decided not to include a CPU, RAM or storage so YOU can decide what you run your sandbox mode on! And we're introducing the Platinum Edition for $500 without a motherboard so you can REALLY get the full sandbox experience!"

"Oh...BTW, what do you think of the case?"

Edited by lingyi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

54 minutes ago, Agillig said:

They apparently aren't ready to say what games will be installed on the system, so it's doubtful. 

They already told us that Atari Vault will be on the system. That happy little $10 package will be 4 years old on March 24th. Given what we've seen from them so far, I wouldn't expect any earth-shattering surprises. 

I would be more interested in learning why "Atari" went to the trouble of getting listed on the Swedish stock exchange, where it lost almost half of its value in less than a year, seeing very little trading action. Details here. morningstarreport20200106050026.pdf

1275089425_swedishatarijan2020.thumb.PNG.0a01a1684c86a6db09f03d9aaa8c8945.PNG

Having access to numbers like this is one upside of "Atari" being publicly traded, unlike some other retro brand vultures. I guess the stock is a relative bargain, if you think it's going to bounce when the un-console shows up.

That is, unless he sees his shadow and goes back underground for six more weeks ("not months!" -- M. Arzt) of winter. 

giphy.gif

• Like 10

14 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

They could at least tell the poor guy they don’t have the license for Pac-Man. 

But then that would prevent them from shadily touting how you can have it all thanks to Sandbox mode. Can't have anyone thinking that there are limitations!

Given their level of customer service now, it's going to be a hoot watching them attempt to navigate the mine field of teaching these certain users how to get emulators working and finding Pac-Man ROMs.

• Haha 4