IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Sorry, I know we are all not old, but I just assumed since this is a forum celebrating Atari games, and also I was a kid when that movie came out...
I was still a kid when K-mart was selling Atari console next to the NES, the only reason why I remember that was because some genius put "Total Recall" on the TV screen in the electronics section, and at that age I honestly thought some girls had 3 bazzongas because of that movie... Those were the days... xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, toiletunes said:

In honor of Asteroid and Yar's Revenge, here is my top twenty games Nutari should consider:

Ace of Ace
Air Raider
BattleWheel
Big Birds' Egg Catch
Brain Game
Bug
California Game
Cathouse Blue
Cosmic Creep
Dark Chamber
Demon to Diamond
Frog and Fly
Fun With Number
Lemming
Mario Bro.
Pig in Space
Planet of the Ape
Save the Whale
Video Checker
Warlord

Licensing might be an issue for some titles, not sure what they own.

You forgot Video Olympic where there's only one paddle or better yet Space Invader (there's only one giant invader on the screen). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

So what did @LoonyLucas think about all the recent VCS footage?

If you're referring to the vids from the latest update, it was mostly the same stuff we saw from their CES updates.  Though one video showing what looks like downloads to Windows and Linux was pretty cool.  My big thing with the VCS is sandbox mode so i can get back to my Steam library, as i don't have a working PC.   Having an easy way to get windows installed on it makes me happy, so i thought that was pretty cool.

On an unrelated note, I'm making fun of you guys on the FB thread about the potential Food Fight remake, but its all in good fun, just fyi.  ✌

PBF182-Food_Fight.png

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

If you're referring to the vids from the latest update, it was mostly the same stuff we saw from their CES updates.  Though one video showing what looks like downloads to Windows and Linux was pretty cool.  My big thing with the VCS is sandbox mode so i can get back to my Steam library, as i don't have a working PC.   Having an easy way to get windows installed on it makes me happy, so i thought that was pretty cool.

On an unrelated note, I'm making fun of you guys on the FB thread about the potential Food Fight remake, but its all in good fun, just fyi.  ✌

PBF182-Food_Fight.png

Lol it's all good. Make sure they throw some tacos in the ensuing chaos. Unless they royally screw up you should be able to get that out of it. Food Fight is in my opinion one of the best 7800 games if you don't include Homebrews. It would be cool to see what someone could come up with for a remake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

PBF182-Food_Fight.png

That looks nothing like me. 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Lol it's all good. Make sure they throw some tacos in the ensuing chaos. Unless they royally screw up you should be able to get that out of it. Food Fight is in my opinion one of the best 7800 games if you don't include Homebrews. It would be cool to see what someone could come up with for a remake.

That looks nothing like my mom's basement. 

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

My big thing with the VCS is sandbox mode so i can get back to my Steam library, as i don't have a working PC.   Having an easy way to get windows installed on it makes me happy, so i thought that was pretty cool.

Atari VCS: Game, Steam, and Connect Like Every Other PC In The World Already Does

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

Yes?  And?  Did you read the part where I don't have a PC?

Well, maybe simply buying a new PC would be a better option for you.  I don't know if Steam works on Linux,  but if you need to pay for Windows, that's an extra cost, to say nothing of the hard drive you'll have to buy.  This really doesn't seem that cost effective, especially for the performance, and just plain hassle that comes with it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LoonyLucas said:

PBF182-Food_Fight.png

All's fair in love and tacos!  Welcome ?

thefinger.gif.66fcab470a44dc120c5b420d5e2b6c48.gif

?

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

PBF182-Food_Fight.png

That looks nothing like me. 

Yeh, your right Joe.  Hair color's wrong. ?

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

That comic reminds me .... has anybody checked in on our buddy Phelan? I’m worried. 

901956A1-5E59-4AAD-A708-C3F2F744E2FE.jpeg

I think he posted a new vid lately.   I'll check it out at home and report.  His hopes have noticeably turned around the last time I checked in.  Mind you, he's standing on the craggy end and could go full taco at any time.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Sorry chief, 36 years ago is "old."

In 1984, when Gremlins was new, you would have called anything from 1946 (36 years prior) "old."

Including the book "1984" which was written two years later. 

I guess I still can't accept I'm old myself and tend to call "old" movies that are (at least) older than me. ;)
But most of all, since I watch a lot of movies and some of them are silent, I need a bigger scale. To me, "modern movie making" starts around the 60's...
It was a lot easier when I was a child and we would just consider "old" movies in black and white (The Lighthouse is soooo 2019). ^^

Edited by roots.genoa

6 hours ago, LoonyLucas said:

Yes?  And?  Did you read the part where I don't have a PC?

Yes, I did.But most of the civilized world already has a PC.

How does the final form of the VCS help anyone "Game, Stream, and Connect Like Never Before?" It's literally a low/mid spec PC. I can already run Linux, I already have Windows, I already have Atari Vault, I've been playing T4K for a year, and even Antstream is available on other devices.

You're saying Atari's triumphant return, their key to the marketplace, the thing that will send people lining up at Walmart and GameStop to preorder, is a PC for people that don't have a PC?

Edited by racerx
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

@Paul Slocum, IGG comment saved for posterity's sake:

Screenshot_20200118-062017.thumb.png.5db9f208ceeda12e5b3595002e2afb56.png

:)  It seemed like the right time to mention it because a few comments back that Brandon guy was talking enthusiastically about the possibility of gambling games on the AtariVCS, and in the comment right before mine somebody posted a link to the PDF report that confirms their Kenya plans.

• Thanks 7

12 hours ago, toiletunes said:

In honor of Asteroid and Yar's Revenge, here is my top twenty games Nutari should consider:

Ace of Ace
Air Raider
BattleWheel
Big Birds' Egg Catch
Brain Game
Bug
California Game
Cathouse Blue
Cosmic Creep
Dark Chamber
Demon to Diamond
Frog and Fly
Fun With Number
Lemming
Mario Bro.
Pig in Space
Planet of the Ape
Save the Whale
Video Checker
Warlord

Licensing might be an issue for some titles, not sure what they own.

I used Google translate several times in several different languages with the above list and this is what spewed out:

Ace of Aces
Air raider
Battle Wheel
Catch a large bird egg
Mental game
mistake
California game
Blue cathedral
Crawl space
Dark camera
Diamond demon
Frog and fly
Enjoy the numbers
Lemming
Brother Mario
Pig in space
Monkey planet
Save the elections
Video verification
Military commander

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

mine somebody posted a link to the PDF report that confirms their Kenya plans.

Six months ago, Atari Gaming was  kicked out of Kenya. This is presumably until they work out tax issues with the country.  Atari's including them in recent financial reports seems to indicate they are hopeful.  Or hiding it from investors.  I dunno.

They are also expanding to Liberia, Congo and the African island-state Mauritius.  From the financial report:

Screenshot_20200118-055355.thumb.png.d33f3c464ffdc125d847580a4226094d.png

+5 subsidiaries since Sept. 2018--and that's without counting Chesnais' Ker Ventures, LLC.  No wonder they need 22 employees now!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2