IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

6 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

I've seen plenty of people mention Fred's nationality and put it down.  It was wrong for me to say that stems from anyone in this group, but its definitely something ive seen posted in other groups.

I don't run that group.  I can't control how the mods run their FB group.  I'm just a member.

Your perception of my attitude is your opinion and that's none of my business.  People trying to say how I should spend my money are the ones with the smug and pompous attitude, imo.

I really don't care how you spend your money.   I suggested a PC might  be a better option for you.   If that bothers you that much, you need a taco more than I thought. I'm more concerned about a company that is ripping unsuspecting people off.

Yes, people here have mentioned Fred's nationality, and will continue to do so.  It's juvenile, but all in good fun.  This group has a bizarre sense of humor, unlike the Supporters Facebook page, which  is an absolute pit of despair.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I say we should spend money on tacos. They are delicious.

BTW anyone had this hot sauce? I've had the red version and thought it was okay. Was wondering if this might be hotter as the red just didn't do it.

2051804096_hotsauce.jpeg.18cc9b254250e3bf2001f3988fa9511e.jpeg

My wife bought me some for xmas.  Currently i have the green and xxxtra hot versions.  But that black version is super smoky and super good.

15793727417961410181627328982842.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

My wife bought me some for xmas.  Currently i have the green and xxxtra hot versions.  But that black version is super smoky and super good.

Is that extra hot one like a bright red? I'm pretty sure I had it. I was hoping the black label was hotter. Smokey is good though. Might go better if I smoke a pork butt for tacos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

The green is amazing, and I won't eat a burrito without it.  Gotta know your limits though.

• Like 1

Just now, Agillig said:

The green is amazing, and I won't eat a burrito without it.  Gotta know your limits though.

That's the problem with spicy. I've built my tolerance up so much I don't know what it is.

Friends had a whole ghost pepper in one hamburger patty grill night. Had two and a half burgers no problem. Others didn't fair as well. One ran outside and 'lost his burger'. I'm sure I have a limit I just need to find it. I sometimes think a super hot jalapeno is worse than a habanero. Yeah a habanero is hotter, but I think the spice of a jalapeno sticks around longer. So if you get one with a good bite it latches on for a bit. A habanero seems to hit and run.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Just to make a point: does anyone seriously think Atari's efforts to ship the 'Box in ANY way constitute an attempt to make a viable game platform?  Is there anyone generous enough think they AREN'T just trying to accomplish the minimum required to not get sued?

That has probably been the goal all along, and they certainly could have accomplished that one a along time ago. So why not? Likely due to a combination of fumbling with the hype machine and over all incompetence. There have been some shaky efforts with the former, and it is deceptive to keep showing half baked crap to cover up the fact that they have no idea what they are doing. As many have said, the goal was probably not to rip people off and put out nothing. But whatever comes out will fall fart short of the promises, and that is deceptive in of itself. I also would rule out the possibility that nothing is put out because their incompetence backs them into a corner... so that heart felt letter has to be written to backers. Backers would probably not get their money back; it is likely all gone. It is safe to say that if you plan on dumping money into crowd funding, accept the fact that your money gets flushed down the crapper is a possibility.

38 minutes ago, Agillig said:

I really don't care how you spend your money.   I suggested a PC might  be a better option for you.   If that bothers you that much, you need a taco more than I thought. I'm more concerned about a company that is ripping unsuspecting people off.

We are well beyond what occurred with the Coleco Chameleon dumpster fire, right? This is 20 said fires floating in a river. Even if backers get something, they have been ripped off in other ways. Well, that may not be true for all. Some may be happy if the bar is kept low.

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Agillig said:

A simple suggestion, but you aren't here to do anything other than provoke the ban hammer. 

Meh. Start banning people and we're no better than the Jonestown goofballs in the Supporters group.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Is that extra hot one like a bright red? I'm pretty sure I had it. I was hoping the black label was hotter. Smokey is good though. Might go better if I smoke a pork butt for tacos.

The xxxtra hot its a redish brown, but not bright red.  I think the green label is just behind the xxxtra hot in terms of heat level.  All are delicious though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Agillig said:

For sure.  Those are hot.  But the hottest hauce sauce ive ever had was Dave's Insanity Sauce.  After about about dipping 15 chips, i started getting a headache.  I make a decent chile rojo, if anyone is looking for a recipe, ill happily share mine.

Screenshot_20200118-105358_Instagram.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, cybercylon said:

That has probably been the goal all along, and they certainly could have accomplished that one a along time ago. So why not? Likely due to a combination of fumbling with the hype machine and over all incompetence. There have been some shaky efforts with the former, and it is deceptive to keep showing half baked crap to cover up the fact that they have no idea what they are doing. As many have said, the goal was probably not to rip people off and put out nothing. But whatever comes out will fall fart short of the promises, and that is deceptive in of itself. I also would rule out the possibility that nothing is put out because their incompetence backs them into a corner... so that heart felt letter has to be written to backers. Backers would probably not get their money back; it is likely all gone. It is safe to say that if you plan on dumping money into crowd funding, accept the fact that your money gets flushed down the crapper is a possibility.

We are well beyond what occurred with the Coleco Chameleon dumpster fire, right? This is 20 said fires floating in a river. Even if backers get something, they have been ripped off in other ways. Well, that may not be true for all. Some may be happy if the bar is kept low.

I think duct taping an SNES Jr. into a Jaguar shell is pretty hard to top.  I'm just hoping the Polymega pulls through. 

Edited by Agillig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, godslabrat said:

Just to make a point: does anyone seriously think Atari's efforts to ship the 'Box in ANY way constitute an attempt to make a viable game platform?  Is there anyone generous enough think they AREN'T just trying to accomplish the minimum required to not get sued?

Atari's roadmap for the AtariVCS considers it to be a success to sell 250k units in the first 4 years.  Even if they meet that extremely unlikely weasely worded goal, it's still not enough to sustain a game app store, especially when many people are just going to be using Windows.

When you consider controllers, the AtariVCS costs more than any other console on the market.  After also buying a Windows license and extra hard drive, it almost costs as much as two other consoles.  Nobody's going to buy this thing.

Microsoft spent $500 million just on marketing the XBox launch.  Atari has no money to even begin to properly market this thing even if they did have a viable product.

• Like 9

On 1/16/2020 at 7:02 AM, Lodmot said:

Even though my gut instinct is telling me their footage is probably authentic and they weren't faking it, that act of giving you the cold shoulder is precisely why everyone is skeptical. Atari doesn't realize exactly how much they're just shooting themselves in the foot (actually, more like shooting themselves in the chest) by not answering the majority of the public's concerns. It's exactly why I stopped working on my VCS game for their platform. 

I see it more as..."Atari" keeps shooting themselves in the **Where the brain should be**

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I would just like to say that I never, and will never make fun of someone because of thier Nationality, I make fun of Cheesehead because he is a sleezey snake oil salesman, I made fun of Mike Kennedy just as much and he is a good 'ol Yank. Sleezeballs are all over the world, the best way to sort them out is to put a $1 bill on a hook and let it dangle. These Megalomaniacs are simple to predict, they will do whatever it takes to get that cash money and a 15 minutes in the spotlight.

Cheesehead does NOT strike me as anyone passionate about games, I suspect that he has many ulterior motives for makeing this cr*pbox at the expense of others, I would go as far to say his motives are sinister and malevolent in nature. This is what upsets me, the backers are probably funding a project that will ONLY be used to patent troll, it was never about bringing back Atari into games, it was about them getting a "console" so they can sue other people that put 2 sticks and a ball on a screen at any moment, heck I would be cautious of eating fries and popcorn chicken together, might get sued for infringing on PONG, another reason to choose a Taco, you will not get a "cease and decist eating your lunch" from Atari xD

(Allegedly)

Pat and Ian have something to say about that PC article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqELG4O-oM

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Ooh, a fellow smoker.  What do you use?

I currently have an 18" Weber Smokey Mountain ("bullet").   I know it's heresy, but I've been flirting with getting either a gas or pellet one instead.

We sometines smoke ribs in our oven using tea leaves, specifically Lapsang Souchong.

• Like 3