IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

16 hours ago, playsoft said:

I was surprised to see it mentioned in yesterday's Metro newspaper over here.

clipping1.jpg

Metro readers should rip them to shreds on this, although the articles tend to be relatively casual this might be the dumbest thing they've printed on the gaming scene, the gaming readership tends to similar to what you'd find on AA - dedicated gamers with experience and knowledge. There'll be plenty of people who will go "wait, isn't that just Atari-Vault?".

4 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Metro readers should rip them to shreds on this, although the articles tend to be relatively casual this might be the dumbest thing they've printed on the gaming scene, the gaming readership tends to similar to what you'd find on AA - dedicated gamers with experience and knowledge. There'll be plenty of people who will go "wait, isn't that just Atari-Vault?".

lol- 'sleek and dinky box'.  not sure why, but that description made me laugh this morning.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

nothing to talk about on the VCS?  go into weird rant about being 'watched'.

42628934_ScreenShot2020-01-18at11_14_21PM.thumb.png.e99b68d16964dfeb1d87a56ee1d195ae.png

'we have a member list of your group' ? 

'we continue to take the high road here...' ??

Hi Stefan!

I'm not in your group.

I'm not even on Facebook.

I'm not even on social media.

I actually want a competent Atari product.

I would probably buy the VCS for a reasonable price, £40-50 similar to "mini" or "classic" consoles, even though the VCS is not a mini console if it comes with the controllers.

The current product does nothing my aged laptop which is falling apart doesn't do better already, and has the same games.

Perhaps you can quote this in your group and get Atari to reduce the price point to 15% of its current planned price, something that would be competitive, and perhaps a serious contender against a Raspberry Pi as that seems to be a reasonable level of competition, given you are going to lose to Amico in the retro-nostalgia scene.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Hi Stefan!

I'm not in your group.

I'm not even on Facebook.

I'm not even on social media.

I actually want a competent Atari product.

I would probably buy the VCS for a reasonable price, £40-50 similar to "mini" or "classic" consoles, even though the VCS is not a mini console if it comes with the controllers.

The current product does nothing my aged laptop which is falling apart doesn't do better already, and has the same games.

Image result for this guy gets it

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

42628934_ScreenShot2020-01-18at11_14_21PM.thumb.png.e99b68d16964dfeb1d87a56ee1d195ae.png

There's not really much new to say about the VCS at the moment, other than the sinking realization this thing is being delayed.  Like a third world dictator, when things are going badly in-house, just make wild accusations against external forces to distract the people. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Lol they've gone on about how they've identified people for awhile now. Wonder if Karl is excited for Star Wars 1983!? Some of us are probably hiding in plain sight ??. Please by all means block me if you can find me. 

Just gave you a big hint. ?

• Haha 3

What happens if a backer gets a console, and it is defective? Does this fall under consumer protection? or is Atari not in any obligation since this was not a "sale" and more of a "As IS" delivery. And if I am mistaken all electronics in other places in the world have 2 years warranty to Combat® E-waste.
Or perhaps Atari is going teh skeezy way of "Pay for shipping to and back from China" that would make it pointless to get warranty.
Atari could ship an unfinished system if they had to, that would make it even more of a collectable. But I am wondering, can Atari charge backers extra for shipping? or would that land them in legal trouble?

(Edit; I am not calling this thing E-waste, that would be too generous a compliment xD )

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Hi Stefan,

Feel free to block me from your group at any time. Reading the same tired misconception that we're nothing but a bunch of grumpy old codgers with our shorts in a wad because someone usurped the Atari name or yet another "Wouldn't it be great if they made an update of (classic game that isn't an Atari property and that Atari couldn't afford to license) for the VCS?" post every damn time I log into facebook is no longer "exciting."

Sincerely,

Ric

• Haha 8

31 minutes ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Hi Stefan,

Feel free to block me from your group at any time. Reading the same tired misconception that we're nothing but a bunch of grumpy old codgers with our shorts in a wad because someone usurped the Atari name or yet another "Wouldn't it be great if they made an update of (classic game that isn't an Atari property and that Atari couldn't afford to license) for the VCS?" post every damn time I log into facebook is no longer "exciting."

Sincerely,

Ric

Yeah I consider myself young for being an Atari fan. I really was more a NES/SNES kid. I just appreciate the older things too. It is rather dry for a supporters group.

They banned most the people that were posting interesting things even if not VCS 2 related. Which was sad because Atari wasn't giving them anything to post about. They can both be excited for it and frustrated at the same time. I think the Werners need to eat a taco. Maybe @LoonyLucas could hook them up?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Stefan can go off into his little tangents and stereotyping if he wants to about us.  We're just being watchdogs about the whole thing since June of 2017.  Until we actually see a -real- bootup from -real- hardware, the tacos will stay. 

I really think everyone is at the point that we want to see it boot up and fully functioning. Not a boot up into a UI that doesn't go to games and only has misspelled game titles. Not just a hackjob windows bootup video. I think its time for a full demo. Some going through it completely. We are close enough to release they should be able to do that. 

Get your backers excited and actually try to drum up more presales.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OCAT said:

What happens if a backer gets a console, and it is defective?

Hello, coat. 

Excellent question!

We have instructed our consoles to be defective free! Simple as that!

Don't forget to pong-diggety our newsletter, for the latest updates on announcements, announcing updates! 

Now, excuse me while I sue someone for saying 'pong'

• Haha 11

13 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I recall being banned from their group for simply running the Atari VCS subreddit, which they called a troll farm. 

Not sure why they are holding back on banning now. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, The Historian said:

I recall being banned from their group for simply running the Atari VCS subreddit, which they called a troll farm. 

Not sure why they are holding back on banning now. 

You were also accused of being the head of the KKK too during that time.

• Haha 4

As some may know, this year is the 30th anniversary of one of my top ten movies, Tremors.  What does this have to do with the Atacobox?

Well, on a Tremors fan page on Facebook, a fan wants to make a sequel...and he's starting with the logo before he even writes a story. Sound familiar?

Make a movie, starting with the logo!

Edited by Inky
added info
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6