IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Atari VCS will have Commodore 64, Amiga and ZX Spectrum games to play from.

I think Impossible Mission on C64 since it's a popular game.

I wonder why they included Spectrum games in their list unless Atari VCS will release in Europe as ZX Spectrums is a popular computer in there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_VCS_(2020_console)

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@MrBeefy Their response shows that they're not willing to set a trap for themselves by promising a date they'll almost certainly miss. They've burned themselves in that way a few times already. 

They have promised March several times already. 'Weeks, not months' and including Arzt's interview just a few days ago ('March has 31 days'). So I think it is a bit late now to back pedal and say 'there is no firm date'.

Saying that, I also can see no possible way they can meet their March deadline. If the boards were in production now it would already be and uncomfortably tight delivery window taking into account the New Year shutdown and shipping time from China. That they are still fiddling with the board design right now means there is no chance the design will be finalized, produced, units assembled and shipped all inside of 8 weeks.

The only real question here is when Atari is going to finally bite that bullet and announce yet another delay to their backers.

Edited by Tavi
Typo!
  • Like 8

In addition, because we also must always consider the needs and wishes of our various partners, we do not always have full control over the pace or timing of our communications. We aim to make periodic updates to our community with complete transparency. If there was one thing I’d want people to always know, it’s that “no news is good news” where the Atari VCS is concerned!

coronavirus.thumb.jpg.f6f08fd5b8967c3283b3d4afd3a7b719.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I feel for the folks in China, having to be in such close quarters all the time too. I wonder if they'll make folks keep working in their rural industrial sweatshop districts instead of traveling home for the holiday like usual. At best, I would think they'll just increase the severity of the outbreak in the infected pockets by keeping everyone in place. Those factory dorms are no place to be if you want to avoid getting sick.

Also, in other news, new slogan....  

3mz8oi.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JBerel said:

I would think they'll just increase the severity of the outbreak in the infected pockets by keeping everyone in place.

That's exactly what they're doing. The entire city of Wuhan (11 million people!) is under lockdown. That photo I posted (with fake Atari logo, obviously) is of the train station, where no one is allowed to enter. It's a sad and scary situation. 

• Like 4

Perhaps Atari can obtain license to remake or at least include some of these games in the library?

https://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=virus

Also @Serguei2: The reason for the choice of systems you mentioned is due to which games the Antstream Arcade service provides. Atari seems to partner with them, and thus has to accept the selection they have in store. Certainly Atari could select only part of it, but with an already meager known library (Atari Vault, perhaps a few modern remakes of whichever IP Atari has the rights to, possibly some ports of games that were talk of the town eight years ago), they'd better involve every bit and byte they can obtain.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

What should Mom choose?

1928723608_whatyougetifyoudonotpayformarketingandadvertising.thumb.png.c083c595a441bdb7a8fe8d1df7c39c41.png

My mom is a diabetic. So she would be better off getting one of these and using those cheap beads to help with her foot Neuropathy. Can work wonders if you keep up with it. But if she made a choice it would be the Switch. If it has Animal Crossing she's in 100%1347d34b0305266e6f46562be499eeca.thumb.jpg.5e96567130b535c46c2141de917ea5c6.jpg

So working on a pork butt that I'm going to shred for tacos later. I have some cabbage and I'm struggling with which direction to go. Can't decide if i was to go with a sriracha mayo coleslaw, or a more pickled version. If I go pickled it could be similar to bahn mi. 

Or should I just do the sriracha coleslaw and add a touch of red wine vinegar and call it good?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

My mom is a diabetic. So she would be better off getting one of these and using those cheap beads to help with her foot Neuropathy. Can work wonders if you keep up with it. But if she made a choice it would be the Switch. If it has Animal Crossing she's in 100%1347d34b0305266e6f46562be499eeca.thumb.jpg.5e96567130b535c46c2141de917ea5c6.jpg

So working on a pork butt that I'm going to shred for tacos later. I have some cabbage and I'm struggling with which direction to go. Can't decide if i was to go with a sriracha mayo coleslaw, or a more pickled version. If I go pickled it could be similar to bahn mi. 

Or should I just do the sriracha coleslaw and add a touch of red wine vinegar and call it good?

What kind of tacos would your aunt enjoy? I'm sure we'd love a blistering, in depth account of your aged aunt who hasn't enjoyed tacos for a long time and now has a new way to enjoy said tacos.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

Atari VCS will have Commodore 64, Amiga and ZX Spectrum games to play from.

I think Impossible Mission on C64 since it's a popular game.

I wonder why they included Spectrum games in their list unless Atari VCS will release in Europe as ZX Spectrums is a popular computer in there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_VCS_(2020_console)

It will NOT ship with those games on the system. Those are only available if you pay a monthly subscription service to Antstream, a poorly reviewed game streaming service. And something that if you're really wanting to play those games in that manner you can get through any PC device you already have.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dj_convoy said:

What kind of tacos would your aunt enjoy? I'm sure we'd love a blistering, in depth account of your aged aunt who hasn't enjoyed tacos for a long time and now has a new way to enjoy said tacos.

She would like the standard or the pork ones I'm making. She wouldn't be a fan of the sriracha part. As long as she could drink a glass of wine with either she would ultimately be fine. 

Speaking of my tacos wife pulled rank and said no to the pickled slaw. So now I'm making 3 different kinds two with mayo based one of which is sriracha and a tiny bit of pickled. Options options options.

Have some avacados that aren't ready yet. Has anyone tried microwaving them to see if that 'moves them along'?

• Like 5

Did the owner of a footbath company come in and report all of our footbath posts?  Is this really the line not to be crossed in this thread?  If footbaths are off topic, I'm sure we could start a new thread.

Considering how the footbath started doing very similar things as Atari, it doesn't really seem off topic to me.  Or at least is worthy of discussion.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Have some avacados that aren't ready yet. Has anyone tried microwaving them to see if that 'moves them along'?

We usually buy tons of them at different stages, putting the soft ones in the fridge to slow them down. I remember when I was a kid, back in Atari days, when they were exotic and expensive. Glad we're living in the future now. 

This suggests that cooking them a little will soften them up, but will not ripen them, only time (faster in a paper bag) will do that. 

https://www.californiaavocado.com/blog/how-to-ripen-an-avocado

I didn't know they took months and months to ripen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

We usually buy tons of them at different stages, putting the soft ones in the fridge to slow them down. I remember when I was a kid, back in Atari days, when they were exotic and expensive. Glad we're living in the future now. 

This suggests that cooking them a little will soften them up, but will not ripen them, only time (faster in a paper bag) will do that. 

https://www.californiaavocado.com/blog/how-to-ripen-an-avocado

I didn't know they took months and months to ripen. 

See I was thinking of nuking them in a paper bag in an attempt. They were a good price at 35cents each just all were not ready. ??

48 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Did the owner of a footbath company come in and report all of our footbath posts?  Is this really the line not to be crossed in this thread?  If footbaths are off topic, I'm sure we could start a new thread.

Considering how the footbath started doing very similar things as Atari, it doesn't really seem off topic to me.  Or at least worthy of discussion.

I suppose that I have to address this since certain people insist on being immature, continuing to take potshots at the Intellivision Amico with their snide indirect references and "footbath" posts.  Ironically, these are some of the very same people who previously complained about the Amico discussion in this thread because they claimed that it was "off-topic."  In response to that criticism, Tommy Tallarico voluntarily agreed to exit this thread and take any discussion of the Amico to his own thread, but now these people seem to think that bringing up the Amico isn't "off-topic" anymore as long as they do it themselves for the purpose of criticizing it, without Tommy being here to respond.  Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.  Any further "footbath" posts, or anything else that seems to make oblique reference to the Amico, will be promptly deleted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

I suppose that I have to address this since certain people insist on being immature, continuing to take potshots at the Intellivision Amico with their snide indirect references and "footbath" posts.  Ironically, these are some of the very same people who previously complained about the Amico discussion in this thread because they claimed that it was "off-topic."  Tommy Tallarico voluntarily agreed to exit this thread and take any discussion of the Amico to his own thread, but now these people seem to think that bringing up the Amico isn't "off-topic" anymore as long as they do it themselves for the purpose of criticizing it, without Tommy being here to respond.  Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.  Any further "footbath" posts, or anything else that seems to make oblique reference to the Amico, will be promptly deleted.

Guy who banned several users in Amico thread complains about our using analogies in this one. Where are we allowed to voice concerns, then?  Not there; not here. 

I don't think any of you are bought--and-paid-for by Tallarico, but this slavish watching out for his best interests has become sickening.  

Nobody blocked Tallarico from coming here and discussing concerns.  He threw a hissy fit and left.  It seems he's only interested in this thread when he can sell something.  Weird.

• Like 11