IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Good to see Atari getting back to what they're good at: Allowing companies that create and market products to use the Atari logo (for a fee, of course) and allowing the world to assume they're actually Atari products.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

?

Some of you are the oldest juveniles I have ever come across, but I am not going to complain.  I got no room to talk, bitches.

"I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary. It’ll happen to you!" - Grandpa Simpson

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You guys need to start a thread on ethics if you're not going to talk about tacos. :P

But as someone who believes in absolute free speech, it's nice to at least see some relatively civil discourse. Almost glad I haven't visited the Amico thread yet. Now I'm curious as to what exactly has been going on...

But anyway, I mainly wanted to say that all those homemade tacos look friggin fantastic - even when the lot of you use ingredients I don't like, they still make my mouth water, and I'd probably eat (and enjoy) them regardless of the ingredients. 

Within reason, of course, and only if you haven't prepared them after sticking your hands in your pants (to possibly coin a term, we could call this Wyatting). 

15 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Sure, but let's not pretend that everyone "cornering the market on retro games" or otherwise exploiting nostalgia is doing it from the goodness of their hearts. It's not biting the hand that feeds to be a skeptical consumer. Electronic gaming is not religion, it can be questioned, it need not be blindly followed. 

Besides, people like a little salty sarcasm. The length and popularity of this $h!tp0st thread is proof of that. 

Oh boy, just look at all the "retro" crap on Steam for a perfect example of what you're talking about. Just because it looks pixelated to hell and back, that doesn't suddenly stop it from being shovelware!

15 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

How dare anyone imply that the VCS is crap! It is the next godsend to gaming...er PCing....er to connecting....er...surfing for taco recipes.

You know, if it was sold as a machine filled with thousands of curated taco recipes (or just a recipe book, which would be cheaper/better), they might have had something there. 

In all seriousness, if Atari embraced the taco memes, they might stand a chance of delivering an interesting product. 

A 0.000000001% chance is still a chance. 

14 hours ago, Osgeld said:

shat.jpg

sigh

Set phasers to TACO!

6 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

Then again, maybe "Atari" fans are stupid enough that this could actually work!

1375451423_Screenshot2020-01-2405_37_20.thumb.png.648a524eb21dc68a101d256cbd97f8db.png

F1JV seems to spend all his time spamming the comment sections of YouTube videos about the VCS with complete and utter nonsense. Almost all his information about the VCS is the complete opposite of the facts, and when presented with facts, he writes multiple relies to a single person's comment.

I think he's got a few screws loose... I might even feel sorry for him if he didn't just insult people most of the time.

At least John Phelan seems relatively pleasant. 

Edited by TankedThomas
Apparently don't know the difference between "n" and "m". A child is now officially smarter than me.
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, TankedThomas said:

Almost glad I haven't visited the Amico thread yet. Now I'm curious as to what exactly has been going on...

What I've gathered is that it's not advised to eat quality tacos around here while simultaneously enjoying a good foot bath.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I would rather see Atari themed hotels than gambling centres for children in Kenya.

I actually think they've done well to secure that deal, it makes good business sense, got them a nice immediate cash bonus, potential additional revenue (but lets be honest, its probably more like tens of thousands a year than hundreds of thousands / millions), someone else does all the leg work, and they don't have to do anything and its nothing that's offensive against fans/society/God. Good work.

I appreciate this probably comes as sarcasm, but its genuine praise.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mikebloke said:

I would rather see Atari themed hotels than gambling centres for children in Kenya.

I actually think they've done well to secure that deal, it makes good business sense, got them a nice immediate cash bonus, potential additional revenue (but lets be honest, its probably more like tens of thousands a year than hundreds of thousands / millions), someone else does all the leg work, and they don't have to do anything and its nothing that's offensive against fans/society/God. Good work.

I appreciate this probably comes as sarcasm, but its genuine praise.

If the best praise that you can muster up for Atari is that their latest scheme is merely stupid and tacky, and not immoral or illegal... yeah, have at it.  Knock yourself out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

bathroom-taco-bell-meme.jpg

It made it over the 1,000 page mark awhile ago and I felt the need to post something taco related.

Ohh and Tommy T is a fine man. He makes great music, live onstage and in video games.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mikebloke said:

It's the same business model they've been using for years...license the name out, putting forth the least possible effort.

At some point, Atari is going to have to actually make new games that people actually give a crap about. Coincidentally, those are also conspicuously absent from the VCS. Eventually, the last of us with nostalgia for the brand will finally die off, and "Atari" isn't going to be able to keep cashing in on games that people with actual talent and vision created decades ago.

• Like 6

Wow Atari is hitting the gaming world today. They must be feeling the pressure. See their newest announcement!

------

Today is an exciting day in gaming! Atari VCS has a special edition preorder for their new Ataribox Architech Edition! This special edition will be limited to 1010 copies!

Polish_20200124_200459976.thumb.jpg.09a6a03beb90b7e960e9fa52d0d04503.jpg

This is a great opportunity for our loyal fans to get in on this great deal! The bottom half of the Architect Edition is made of a special wood finish giving it the perfect heat distribution!

Hear at Atari we know that many are concerned with what is in our Ataribox shells. In our continued efforts of transparency you do not have to be concerned anymore! As you can see our shells are empty but ready for you to create your own. The possibilities are endless now that you have the tools to fill our shells!

Speaking of shells, you may notice that our Architect Edition has special colors! For those who do not want the boring white corn shells should be excited! You will get the special edition Atomic Blue, and Ferrari Red shells at a price you won't beat if you don't get this edition.

But wait there's more! The Architect Edition will come with a special taco seasoning packet guaranteed to season at least 50 tacos! In addition to the awesome gift of seasoning is the posters we will be including. We have the famous Wyatt hands in the pants poster guaranteed to warm up you little work shed. The second poster is a special lenticular picture of Wyatt's famous sky diving landing. With this poster you will be able to relive his graceful landing over and over again!

So you can only get this special limited edition by preordering for the small preorder fee of Mex$1876! As a thank you to our loyal fans who get the Architect Edition they will receive their Ataribox earlier than everyone else on May 5th!

Don't forget this special Architect Edition is only limited to 1010 units. I think you will agree with is that much like Wyatt and his landings we have totally NAILED IT with this one!

The Bomb-diggitiest,

Atari

----

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

On 1/21/2020 at 10:13 PM, Flojomojo said:

VCS has nothing. Where are those Stadia numbers from, is that just from a single source, like Google Play on Android? That seems very low for such a high-profile service, especially if you can try it for free and use multiple kinds of software clients. The real metric is subscribers, especially those that stick with it. If they were impressive, surely they'd be bragging about it. 

I want to hear more from "Atari" how cloud gaming being hardware agnostic somehow "validates their approach." ????

Hah.  I misread that as "clown gaming".  Sadly though, it's still just as relevant.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:21 AM, Flojomojo said:

They've set the bar so low, AtariBox pigeons are like

giphy.gif

.... until the inevitable happens.

limbo-fail.gif.102b322905f8c6c2c8d53d29e0e99571.gif

On 1/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

You guys following on Facebook need to post these gems!  I only occasionally check the page:

AtariShortAndSweetDescription.jpg.4d911ffcb6eb735c36a6b2bc2cd50678.jpg

"... experetly incorporates... "?  Not a good sentence to misspell in!

1999064374_atarit10.jpg.1db783559771719a7b5744c05cfc4e50.jpg

On 1/24/2020 at 1:58 AM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Did the owner of a footbath company come in and report all of our footbath posts?  Is this really the line not to be crossed in this thread?  If footbaths are off topic, I'm sure we could start a new thread.

Considering how the footbath started doing very similar things as Atari, it doesn't really seem off topic to me.  Or at least is worthy of discussion.

I see your f#$%*@th, and raise you ......

spa.thumb.JPG.44997812d9533b887e3ba196c7902cf7.JPG

On 1/24/2020 at 4:29 AM, ColecoJoe said:

Here is a Asian guy eating a BIG ASS TACO!!!!

QxXgBsY.thumb.png.4a7039371c90a31b4f3e4b9ed5525791.png

.. and here's a BIG ASS TACO eating an Asian guy!!!!.  Because.

tacoeatingasian.JPG.de89e0b907b0c7842f943d32787dc4c3.JPG

21 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I really feel like this Amico exclusive game is especially relevant right now... ?

Polish_20200108_201116693.thumb.jpg.987a8fa9dafd667cc06e6df8d97c7092.jpg

Guess I'm a dipshit....

:grin:

No guessing needed Beefy. ?

forrest.gif.c8d43b33c4394bb9ddcb34dac7e58f4b.gif

13 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

bhgamming.thumb.JPG.f384e825c964cfa2d2031071e89d6b20.JPG

ataripisa.thumb.jpg.bfcf2a898b1d936d1b03d26d2023b063.jpg

9 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

?

Some of you are the oldest juveniles I have ever come across.

Oh Shucks. ?

big.gif.aeb36c68acb09b6d3464b1e3ded1b1b3.gif

Ahh.  Beat me to it. ?

roj.thumb.JPG.a0fbe4a2374745ea7846dd2f6f337377.JPG

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Osgeld said:

some odd reason made me think, just how easy and quick it would have been for them to do an official ataribox ras-pi shell and save a lot of grief 

These exist, so they wouldn't even have to make anything. They could just sic their lawyers on them and garnish a piece of the action. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Hah.  I misread that as "clown gaming".  Sadly though, it's still just as relevant.

.... until the inevitable happens.

limbo-fail.gif.102b322905f8c6c2c8d53d29e0e99571.gif

"... experetly incorporates... "?  Not a good sentence to misspell in!

1999064374_atarit10.jpg.1db783559771719a7b5744c05cfc4e50.jpg

I see your f#$%*@th, and raise you ......

spa.thumb.JPG.44997812d9533b887e3ba196c7902cf7.JPG

.. and here's a BIG ASS TACO eating an Asian guy!!!!.  Because.

tacoeatingasian.JPG.de89e0b907b0c7842f943d32787dc4c3.JPG

No guessing needed Beefy. ?

forrest.gif.c8d43b33c4394bb9ddcb34dac7e58f4b.gif

bhgamming.thumb.JPG.f384e825c964cfa2d2031071e89d6b20.JPG

ataripisa.thumb.jpg.bfcf2a898b1d936d1b03d26d2023b063.jpg

Oh Shucks. ?

big.gif.aeb36c68acb09b6d3464b1e3ded1b1b3.gif

Ahh.  Beat me to it. ?

roj.thumb.JPG.a0fbe4a2374745ea7846dd2f6f337377.JPG

Well I was going to invite you over for some tacos with 6 other of my friends when the Architect Edition was released. But you had to go and be rude. Guess I'm looking for a new 8th man...

??????

????

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well I was going to invite you over for some tacos with 6 other of my friends when the Architect Edition was released. But you had to go and be rude. Guess I'm looking for a new 8th man...

??????

????

Damn it!  Too late to grovel?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

For you? Never. What timeline will the groveling start? Is it an immediate groveling? Or an Atari soonish groveling?

As soon as I finish bathing in my oversized footbath spa, I'll put on the kneeling pads for some serious taco grovelling.  ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

3n5vsc.jpg

And I am not kidding, this time.  ;)

Boss, If you develop a game for the Ashoebox .... and call it "Freddy's F@%#bath" ... you'll be the greatest Moderatorer of all the Interweb's ... and Taco Jesus...... maybe .... probably not. ?

[Sorry for the cheekyness.  A bit pissy after work. ?  I'll take 3 hail tacos, a Kool-aid and banished to a locked room lined in chipboard surrounded by muppets and bubble-wrap!  *shivers*]

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

3n5vsc.jpg

And I am not kidding, this time.  ;)

If you told me you could get someone a well paid job programming an exclusive title for the system nobody is gonna get behind? Sure, as long as they get paid well enough up front cause Atari are a bunch of crooks. Also, if the title was worth a damn I'm pretty sure you would have taken the job yourself instead of advertising it on AA for the masses to take a stab at. I'm sure that kid with the Sonic avatar will be contacting you ASAP though cause as much shit as he talks about the TacoBox, he is a backer and clearly shows he wants in on that Atari with a game of his own very badly.

• Like 4