IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

52 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

The audacity in that snippet is mind blowing.  ?

I wonder which e-sports company is licensing the Atari name, for those hotels.

Exhibit A for why I don't do crowdfunding.   Once they get your money, they can treat you as bad as they want, and there's nothing you can do about it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

They have labeled everything in those promos with "for illustration purposes only."

1086704657_atarit12.jpg.ab16892c8a587697622e14fa9182a92e.jpg1031619774_atarit11.jpg.610112adf4865ad1a3a7d79a0f13ab55.jpg

13 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

The outbreak is far more serious, than you think.  So some digging, it is already confirmed in 5 people in the U.S. and over 90,000 in China.  Over hundred dead so far, Japan is starting to freak out.

5 confirmed down here in OZ, at the time of this post.  #edit#.  Make that 7.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

The outbreak is far more serious, than you think.  So some digging, it is already confirmed in 5 people in the U.S. and over 90,000 in China.  Over hundred dead so far, Japan is starting to freak out.

I don't have the sources handy on my phone but it seems it's man-made. Lucas was actually more on-point than he may have realised - the Coronavirus was engineered to be able to infect humans back in 2015. North Carolina scientists came up with the idea for a study but funding was denied. 

Following that, a bunch of scientists in Wuhan actually followed through and engineered this mutation of the Coronavirus. Their lab happens to be about 20 miles from the seafood market where the first outbreak happened. 

On top of that, it appears that the original virus contained in bats could not affect humans, or at least not in any lethal capacity, so it certainly points to it being man-made. 

Now whether fears over things like it being a weapon with Hong Kong being a target are legitimate or it was an accident, I couldn't say. I'm no expert - just regurgitating what I've read - but it sounds potentially a lot worse than other recent epidemics if it's indeed man-made. 

This is surprisingly not being widely reported though, so there's that...

Um, anyway, back on topic...

Tacos. 

That is all. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TankedThomas said:

On top of that, it appears that the original virus contained in bats could not affect humans, or at least not in any lethal capacity, so it certainly points to it being man-made. 

So the info that it came from snakes isn't true?

3 hours ago, TankedThomas said:

I don't have the sources handy on my phone but it seems it's man-made. Lucas was actually more on-point than he may have realised - the Coronavirus was engineered to be able to infect humans back in 2015. North Carolina scientists came up with the idea for a study but funding was denied. 

Following that, a bunch of scientists in Wuhan actually followed through and engineered this mutation of the Coronavirus. Their lab happens to be about 20 miles from the seafood market where the first outbreak happened. 

Now whether fears over things like it being a weapon with Hong Kong being a target are legitimate or it was an accident, I couldn't say. I'm no expert - just regurgitating what I've read - but it sounds potentially a lot worse than other recent epidemics if it's indeed man-made. 

Tacos. 

That is all. 

Um, no. Viruses mutate and change in nature all the time, it's what they do. Scientists "engineer" things like this all the time, it's where we get vaccines. China is a frequent source of novel strains because of their dense population and proximity to large groups of animals like birds and swine. Please don't make up stupid conspiracy theories when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Um, no. Viruses mutate and change in nature all the time, it's what they do. Scientists "engineer" things like this all the time, it's where we get vaccines. China is a frequent source of novel strains because of their dense population and proximity to large groups of animals like birds and swine. Please don't make up stupid conspiracy theories when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  

Yup thats how we got bird flu. An unfortunate pig got sick with human flu, and a strain of flu from birds. The two mutated and BAM! It mutated where both humans and birds could get it. Mutation happens all the time. That is why there is a different flu shot every year. It is an attempt to keep up with mutations.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TankedThomas said:

Tacos. 

That is all. 

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Yup thats how we got bird flu. An unfortunate pig got sick with human flu, and a strain of flu from birds. The two mutated and BAM! It mutated where both humans and birds could get it. Mutation happens all the time. That is why there is a different flu shot every year. It is an attempt to keep up with mutations.

doctor.gif.74137d7b696c41e5dc0a8c7a10ac9515.gif

?

meanwhile.gif.b5ff7b1b763dd7ae2e827a6b98464e8c.gif

Poor bastard.  I can't help but feel that our John is getting closer and closer to blowing a fuse taco, and turning into an Atari nightmare.

jp.thumb.JPG.272aec4b6d31976580b699f40c62f86b.JPG

johntaken.JPG.73fb58796ed02470f725da7588cdaba1.JPG

... And I stumbled on this !?  ?  No words needed.

cup_o_noodles_tacos.thumb.jpg.7db0bcfc211c514c7f41e3337b2ec5c5.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

I just read that the Wuhan virus might be stoppable by alcohol and heat, so if the Atari people get into the sauna with some beer or perhaps stronger stuff is required, the VCS might still be delivered on time.

So, doped tacos might work.

10 hours ago, TankedThomas said:

Tacos. 

That is all. 

where do you get your news from ?? ?

Lethality is at circa 2.3 %  last estimate. That would be an absolutely retarded weapon, as obviously if you release a contagious disease in HK, mainland China would be hit as well ...