IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, 1001lives said:

How did these kinds of people find this and back it? The comments are hilarious. 

I honestly feel kind of bad that that UI is what has people excited about this "exciting project"

yeah....its bad looking for sure.  i do not understand how this even got backed, but then again, KS/Indiegogo are strange places indeed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

What I see is:
- left: an obnoxious brat
- right: same obnoxious brat with makeup, and apparently afraid of burning his hands!

What I see is

John P:

Left: I can't wait to get my Atari VCS, keep up the good work guys

Right: It wouldn't be in your best interest to screw us Atari!!.... you won't like the consequences...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, racerx said:

One thing's for sure...Brandon's random bits of word salad have been some of the most entertaining things I've read. I'm still trying to find the modern Enigma device that deciphers this code.

Screenshot_20200205-074026.thumb.png.fa8e5b51fa9a1310f560ffa4588414e5.png

"well balanced"

"great potential for games"

"versatility that Atari offers"

"""custom cooling system"""

"I ESPECIALLY ENVY THE UI THAT GOT PORTALS WITH THE SPEED LOADING"

IMG_20200205_090146.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

7 hours ago, TheRevWells said:

yeah....its bad looking for sure.  i do not understand how this even got backed, but then again, KS/Indiegogo are strange places indeed

I actually think the UI looks pretty decent.  For a game console.  Granted, I also think the interface of Windows 10 is garbage, and older versions of Mac OSX was definitely better than what we have now. 

Game systems should have a bit of flash in the UI.  Desktop operating systems should not.  Then again the mix of color / 3d icons with the flat monochromatic icons on Windows 10 just needs to go away.  PICK!  It's like having 3 different icon themes installed on Amiga Workbench.

15 minutes ago, leech said:

I actually think the UI looks pretty decent.  For a game console. 

It's a grid of launcher icons. Just like we had in Xbox Media Center in the early 2000s, or any Roku, AppleTV, AppleTV, AndroidTV, Wii, or DVD or cableTV on demand menu. It's nice that they finally showed something with no strings attached, but am I spoiled rotten for not being impressed that something didn't explode when plugged into AC power?

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

It's a grid of launcher icons. Just like we had in Xbox Media Center in the early 2000s, or any Roku, AppleTV, AppleTV, AndroidTV, Wii, or DVD or cableTV on demand menu. It's nice that they finally showed something with no strings attached, but am I spoiled rotten for not being impressed that something didn't explode when plugged into AC power?

Ha, is it sad that I would have been fine if it'd shown the typical boot from the 7800?  Hell, I would have been okay if the grid based selection screen would have been all in 8bit retro awesomeness.  Raster color bars and all!

Yeah, not sure what people expected, it's not like this is a VR setup, where you can do something more innovative.  I actually like the simplicity here more than say the PS3/PS4 UI.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, racerx said:

One thing's for sure...Brandon's random bits of word salad have been some of the most entertaining things I've read. I'm still trying to find the modern Enigma device that deciphers this code.

Screenshot_20200205-074026.thumb.png.fa8e5b51fa9a1310f560ffa4588414e5.png

Whilst Atari is busy digging up corpses, maybe they can dig up Alan Turing's corpse too?

• Like 3