IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

47 minutes ago, vcoleiro1 said:

Err, Wonder are the mob that insinuated they would make a gaming phone, that morphed over the years to a game subscription service like Ouya trialed at one point.
I had been part of Wonders Alpha program and on their forum. After many year of delivering nothing and being hammered by all their community , they came up with that gaming OS service.
By then the whole community had deserted them.  I think they even shut down their forum.  
They tried to get Phone companies to pick up the OS and put on their phones. But no one touched it.  It was kind of pointless IMO

Now Atari has taken it up - Lol

Ah, so then they're a perfect match for Atari SA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Geeze I usually have a high tolerance for this stuff but I'm 7 min in and have to take a break. I get being a fan I don't get blind fanboyism....

I do hope he gets something and is happy with it. I guess he's never seen the Atari Flashback?

Yep it's actually borderline sad to watch what those assholes at AtariSA are doing to people like this. He's probably a really nice guy yet they pray on these type of people for money. AtariSA are no better then tech-support scammers, full of fake promises yet never deliver...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tavi said:

It would be interesting to hear if he had been demanding a refund (in which case, good on you for getting it!) or if they forced one one just to get him out of their hair?

No, E.T. did not asked for a refund now… He felt his money he gave to Atari would be good invest. 
It was one Dollar - well spent money to be kept entertained for such a Long time... ;-)

The real invest for a "VCS Collector's Edition" plus additional controller was cancelled AND refunded before the money collecting time was over…

E.T. had seen all the red flags Atari was showing while collecting the money… ?

image.thumb.png.b31ff2ae9b64a137b5bb4224a5d40ccc.png

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
spelling
  • Like 3

Oh yes, I remember now. The Wonder Alpha was briefly discussed here in the summer of 2017. Then I made a follow-up post over a year later and noted pretty much nothing had happened. Regarding the deal with Atari, as we say in Swedish "kaka söker maka" (literally "cookie seeks mate"), that two similar parties attract to eachother. I understand it might have Danish-Norwegian origin, even references to the Greek philiosopher Plato and some English thinkers in the 16th century.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2