IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

13 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

Sure they said "weeks not months" but they could be counting the year in weeks and not months so technically they haven't lied yet :)

Is it end of Summer yet?

Sort of?

They must have given Walmart and GameStop a definite delivery date as they both have been advertising a shipping date of Tuesday, March 31st to those pre-ordering.

That is just a bit over six weeks from now. As they are not even into production, let alone being ready to ship from China to the US, I am thinking as of right now I likely have a higher possibility of winning the lottery while being abducted by aliens then Atari has at meeting that deadline.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

Sure they said "weeks not months" but they could be counting the year in weeks and not months so technically they haven't lied yet :)

Is it end of Summer yet?

Well, with the Coronavirus, Atari has just been given a blank check to delay this thing indefinitely.  I'm quite sure the virus is very serious, and has probably killed a lot more people than the Chinese government has let on.  I think there's a chance a lot of legitimate products will be affected by it.

In the grand scheme of things, a bunch  of westerners  being scammed over a video game system is inconsequential compared to people losing their lives.  But deep down, I wonder if Fred and co. aren't breathing a sigh of relief over the opportunity this tragedy has bought them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Well, with the Coronavirus, Atari has just been given a blank check to delay this thing indefinitely. 

Aha I knew it!

?The AtariVCS developers released the Coronvirus to create further delays! The limit's they will not go to in order to keep pretending they actually have an UNconsole! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE ! ?

Capture.PNG.3975c68d2fde943b18e9bae59f13e464.PNG

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
fix structure
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, 8Bitjunkie said:

but - other than Atari SA, they were a HUGE success in germany ;-)
(see that video got 26  million views...)

Fair enough. It's just not my style of goth nor my brand of dance music at all. It really seams forced like it's all an act (the outtakes videos put that opinion further up on my list as well). Hey, I'm only one guy who doesn't like it, there are 26 million others who at least gave it a chance and 180k of them who took the time to press like. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Is it end of Summer yet?

Anything could be counted in weeks. A decade, century, etc. They never said how many weeks. The number of weeks coming up is infinite. Any one particular week it could be released divided by the number of possible weeks is pretty much zero, so the atacobox is a figment of our imagination (just like the population of the universe).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cybercylon said:

Anything could be counted in weeks. A decade, century, etc. They never said how many weeks. The number of weeks coming up is infinite. Any one particular week it could be released divided by the number of possible weeks is pretty much zero, so the atacobox is a figment of our imagination (just like the population of the universe).

But the particular phrase "weeks not months" has a specific meaning. You can't take 20 weeks because that is ALSO "months".  20 weeks is not "weeks not months", but is actually "weeks and/or months". There's very little to misinterpret or twist in the phrase. They were clearly saying that it was going to be a short amount of time, measured in a small number of weeks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

It sounds like Mortal Kombat (movie theme) to me...If you remove the chorus (computer voice), and added back in the MK Samples ...

I kinda like it though :)

I was talking of the Pong-like sounds from the song that were not even recorded from the original game.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Aha I knew it!

?The AtariVCS developers released the Coronvirus to create further delays! The limit's they will not go to in order to keep pretending they actually have an UNconsole! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE ! ?

Capture.PNG.3975c68d2fde943b18e9bae59f13e464.PNG

I'm not saying that at all. The Coronavirus is a legitimate issue, and it's something people in the West really aren't treating seriously enough.   This thing will absolutely disrupt the flow of goods from China.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Agillig said:

I'm not saying that at all. The Coronavirus is a legitimate issue, and it's something people in the West really aren't treating seriously enough.   This thing will absolutely disrupt the flow of goods from China.

? Honest I was not implying that you were, if anything I was implying that it was my own ridiculous conclusion from this dumpster fire that is the Atari VCS campaign. I know the Coronavirus tragedy will absolutely impede the flow of all good from China, again why I suggested the limit's the AtariVCS team would go....I am certainly NOT making light of the virus situation so much much as taking another dig at the AtariVCS ?

Just having a laugh and being silly because really, that is the only entertainment I ever expect to get out of this entire scenario. Anything I say or post on the topic or in this thread should always be taken lightly and in the joking manner it was intended. Just so we're clear, have a good day. ???

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind wearing the comfy hat. I don't accept the corona virus as depicted any more than I would the VCS... just a business delay. Taco Bell would be more of a health concern, but that's just me. I'm sure the VCS will take full advantage of the extended pass this grants them though. It will be interesting to see if the VCS is released before this thread gets to page 2000 though.  

• Like 1