IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Shot (Dec. 13, 2017):  Feargal's letter saying they are not prepared for a crowdfunding campaign, copied above by @Flojomojo.

Chaser (Dec. 14, 2017):  One key element.

post-39941-0-23478700-1513258956.jpg

Sobering reality (Feb. 19, 2020): It seems they're finally to the place they should've been before even thinking about crowdfunding.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

So Fergal worked on it for nine months "effectively for free" and Rob Wyatt did the same for about six months before jumping ship. 

Atari sure sounds like an amazing "partner" to work with!

I, Wiener Brother stand in, do proclaim you to be a troll. Only post FACTS, this is just another butthurt employee.

Oh I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Werner.

:D

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I, Wiener Brother stand in, do proclaim you to be a troll. Only post FACTS, this is just another butthurt employee.

Oh I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Werner.

:D

How many butthurt employees & project leads does Atari need to chew up and spit out until I can regain my Tru Fan Atarian Sainthood(tm)?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Comments on this IGG backer page are talking about the Better Business Bureau now.

612084881_ScreenShot2020-02-19at4_04_12PM.thumb.png.1e805414fcf16ffb24a6887486f7a306.png

IndieGoGo has an A+ rating with BBB, but 1 star average (out of 5) with users. They're doing exactly what they said they would do. The backers' money is with "Atari" now. This is an old story and I wish people would have read about IndieGoGo before sending them any nonrefundable money. 

2092877980_ScreenShot2020-02-19at4_05_10PM.thumb.png.8cb98dd1e34aa6d9471be5f9bb7eb33a.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

IndieGoGo has an A+ rating with BBB, but 1 star average (out of 5) with users. They're doing exactly what they said they would do. The backers' money is with "Atari" now. This is an old story and I wish people would have read about IndieGoGo before sending them any nonrefundable money. 

"But it's ATARI, you know, the PAC-MAN guys? I loved getting a high score on Pong too. Such good memories. How can anything go wrong with this awesome new game console from an iconic and groundbreaking game company!!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Heheh. I thought they refunded your money and kicked you out? Or am I thinking of someone else who got a letter saying "a $2 contribution isn't enough to be able to criticize us non stop."

That was me, and also "E.T.".  They actually finally refunded my $2 today.

1531780518_Screenshot2020-02-1915_47_57.png.ccd5a0549329484e4eebfe0e36121a88.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Shot (Dec. 13, 2017):  Feargal's letter saying they are not prepared for a crowdfunding campaign, copied above by @Flojomojo.

Chaser (Dec. 14, 2017):  One key element

post-39941-0-23478700-1513258956.jpg

Sobering reality (Feb. 19, 2020): It seems they're finally to the place they should've been before even thinking about crowdfunding.

So what WAS the one missing element?

A brain? (the ever-elusive project manager willing to be the face of the accursed ATARI VCS?)

A heart? (some reason for going on this snipe hunt in the first place?)

Some courage? (if nothing else, to say "we're not finished and we may never be")

Just to get back home? (back to the Alamogordo landfill with the whole lot of them!)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, toiletunes said:

One key missing element:

The console 

I am thinking the key missing element is their inability to find and keep someone willing to design for them from the ground up a system that not even Atari themselves seems to know what they want it to be or do. Seeing that no-one at Atari has any practical knowledge or experience in the sort of work required for this project.

Oh, and from their prior history with Wyatt and Feargal, it seems this person will be doing all of this work out of the goodness of their heart. As it seems there is no room in the 3 million dollar budget to pay the people actually creating the Atari Box for Atari.

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png

... but once Atari solves that little problem of finding someone willing to do all the work for them in return for absolutely nothing; I am certain the rest of of the project will go quickly and much smoother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

maybe it's early and i'm extraordinarily grouchy, but it amuses the heck out me how the backers make impassioned pleas to Atari on the IGG page like they're good friends and that Atari gives two craps about them.

THEY GOT YOUR MONEY! (now shut up and wait like the good little backers you are and line up for your poop sandwich)

i've said often that i hope the folks that 'invested' in this device get a device of some kind- i still hope you do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Historian said:

PORT… 

2vdb.gif

So your nondisclosure agreement states that you can't reveal trade secrets, but you can tease us proles about what you know, but can't say?

Maybe it's time for you to sue Atari SA for nonpayment, so they can stick a semi-sensitive letter in their legal answer, and we can see what's really going on here. ?

My guess it's for a PONG-style paddle. Because everyone is dying to get back into the classics. Family fun and all that. 

Plain

Old

Rotating

Technology

• Like 5

On 2/19/2020 at 4:01 AM, Flojomojo said:

I was wrong, wayback is working fine. It doesn't change anything, but it's fun to see them alter the story. One nice thing about Indiegogo is how they have a tiny bit of accountability for what they say, unlike YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook comments that can be removed at any time. 

Then (as of Sept 15, 2018):

https://web.archive.org/web/20180915145454/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before#/

Now:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before#/

Exacto. That's were I got what I posted on IGG(Distorting the facts as Jessie the Wise says)

• Like 8