IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

The part of the letter I find funny is that Feargal Mac didn't want to have his name associated with the VCS because it "might hurt his reputation". And back when I was an avid supporter for the VCS, I foresighted that people like Rob Wyatt, etc. wouldn't work on this project and damage their reputation if it was going to turn into a huge shitshow.... Well, now, here we are. The unimaginable became a reality. Lol...

You can call the backers stupid (including me), but it really just goes to show you how f---ing retarded companies will actually be. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

The part of the letter I find funny is that Feargal Mac didn't want to have his name associated with the VCS because it "might hurt his reputation".

Strange to think it was written almost a year before the Gameband flopped, no refunds. Does anyone recall exactly when "Atari" pulled their name off of that? 

• Like 5

Atari certainly got out of the Gameband well before it finally went belly up.

Still, it's pretty obvious now that even that decision was largely driven by the desire not to have to pay Feargal a cent more than they'd already thrown his way.

Having previously interpreted it as a sign of the company being able to identify a project with a high failure risk, and distance themselves from it to protect their brand before matters came to a head, that was giving them way too much credit.

Yep, they're even worse than I thought. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

future mobile gamming

vb, gams, gamming or gammed
1. (Fishing) (intr) (of whales) to form a school
2. (Nautical Terms) nautical (of members of the crews of whalers) to visit (each other) informally

Mobile?  I am in.

Just ribbing you, I am known for that, since I am not of English speaking origins either. :)

No worries @roots.genoa, others got the joke. ?

This was in that lengthy press release as well:

With regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this virus is creating important disruptions in China and by repercussion in the whole world. The Group is exposed to the same risks as all the other actors and remains extremely vigilant to these external events, which can have a temporary impact on the profitability of the current financial year. These disruptions may in fact have an impact, notably with regards to the timetable, on the sourcing, production and shipment of the Atari VCS and of other Atari licensed products commercialized by our partners, as well as on the renewals of these licensing agreements, generators of profits and royalties for the Group. The Group continues to work on the renewal of licensing agreements and on the timetable for the Atari VCS for a release in the financial year ended March 31, 2020, but it can’t rule out a temporary delay given the situation, which is difficult to predict.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

While I'm not in the least bit surprised by that letter from Feargal Mac, it does reenforce how much of a shit person Fred is. He really seems like an awful person to work for.  

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

[unquotable image about the delay we knew was coming]

Gee, it'd be a real shame if there were ways to buy PC parts locally and build a better machine right now for the same price instead of waiting for Atari to crap out their taco machine. 

On topic: is there a magical taco-making machine? We have machines for making other specific foods, such as waffles or popcorn. I need a taco machine!

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

image.thumb.png.cb97fff2e4cf48c0f8215206914a9769.png

This guys posts some real wackadoodle stuff on Reddit under the username 'Atariartist'. 

Yeah, he's nuts. I'm one of the most politically incorrect people around and yet he was accusing me of being into social justice because... I don't approve of Atari's scambox and I like tacos. 

I don't get it. 

Friendly reminder for him (since he's clearly reading this thread): all PCs are open systems, and Feargal Mac still hasn't delivered Gameband (nor will he ever at this point). 

• Like 3

On 2/19/2020 at 9:08 PM, Flojomojo said:

Comments on this IGG backer page are talking about the Better Business Bureau now.

612084881_ScreenShot2020-02-19at4_04_12PM.thumb.png.1e805414fcf16ffb24a6887486f7a306.png

IndieGoGo has an A+ rating with BBB, but 1 star average (out of 5) with users. They're doing exactly what they said they would do. The backers' money is with "Atari" now. This is an old story and I wish people would have read about IndieGoGo before sending them any nonrefundable money. 

2092877980_ScreenShot2020-02-19at4_05_10PM.thumb.png.8cb98dd1e34aa6d9471be5f9bb7eb33a.png

TBH it isn't IGG's fault. People know the risks when trying to back something on ANY crowdfinding platform. And $3million is a lot out of any business' pocket.

The fault lies with the

lemmings-game.jpg.d3a573f8bf915f3805561412e5897f01.jpg

who want to believe something so bad that they'll jump off a cliff to get it.

Things will only improve once IGG starts funding mental health services.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Epic press release with two new creative gaems,,, for expanding improved business versatility of future mobile gamming:

http://news.calyptus.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2020-02-21-CP-lancement-AKDPS-VEN.pdf

Unless you consider "game" as "gam" when the group the Rockets performed.

• Haha 1