IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Looks like some of the backers are getting tired of all the "good news"...

I dare say this project was All Bark And No Bite from the get-go.   Only in this case,  the dog is a toothless teacup poodle with laryngitis behind an 8 foot fence and you're walking 2 blocks away in the opposite direction while wearing a Walkman...

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

They responded on Reddit.  Kinda sounds like they're about to procrastinate further by announcing that they'll be showing it at video game conventions.

This is the article they linked:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-02-21-covid-19-looms-over-planning-for-next-gen-launches

1856550522_Screenshot2020-02-2409_45_55.thumb.png.e696b4a51732b99d2f5296b7dfeefafb.png

1783548039_Screenshot2020-02-2409_41_03.thumb.png.7ec6d6cd2c9612418fed32cda2a8946c.png

Oh yes, I forgot that the Coronavirus means nobody can use a computer or telephone. Wouldn't want to transmit a deadly virus through those copper cables!

This and earlier comments in the thread remind me of when a friend told me the other day that it might not be a good idea to send him a parcel right now because it might transmit the virus to him. 

I told him he was an idiot.

Let's be real here, Atari (I doubt they're watching this thread but it's not like I can post on their stupid subreddit any more): Coronavirus or not, you'd still need to have started production BEFORE Chinese New Year to even begin to meet your goal, much like with the Speccy Next (and though I haven't followed the project, it sounds like they were pretty communicative despite long delays and are finally delivering a (good) product).

Everyone's sick of your BS, Atari. Just tell people that it's delayed inevitably. At least that'll be the truth for once. 

Edited by TankedThomas
Autocorrect is evil
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, TankedThomas said:

Everyone's sick of your BS, Atari. Just tell people that it's delayed inevitably. At least that'll be the truth for once. 

Pretty sure that Atari knows that telling the truth at this point would be like exposing Dracula to the sun, or at least an ice cream cone (as far as their little scheme goes)

tenor.gif?itemid=5247766

Granted, they're too dumb to realize that by saying nothing or doing this teasing game, it's making it worse for what's left of their "reputation" as it is

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Looks like some of the backers are getting tired of all the "good news"...

I dare say this project was All Bark And No Bite from the get-go.   Only in this case,  the dog is a toothless teacup poodle with laryngitis behind an 8 foot fence and you're walking 2 blocks away in the opposite direction while wearing a Walkman...

Man that was the funniest way ever to describe this debacle!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Pretty sure that Atari knows that telling the truth at this point would be like exposing Dracula to the sun, or at least an ice cream cone (as far as their little scheme goes)

tenor.gif?itemid=5247766

In short .... "Pretty sure that Atari knows that telling the truth at this point would be like exposing Dracula to an ice cream cone." ? ?

Draculaicecream.jpg.1e235a66e6dbf43f54f4ab54fcb54146.jpg

3 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Didn't have the audio turned on. Lemme fix that for ya'...

the-hole-idea.thumb.jpg.089bf1f3f7b1bbc77d39213bc95c5b31.jpg

Much better than my piss poor effort. ?

meanwhile.gif.290ac12a49f656e807128550adee0231.gif

Over at IGG town, the troops were discussing the Atari update on reddit, that @Paul Slocum mentioned above .... when the Ashoebox junior intern awakens from his long slumber and makes a profound statement after many a silence.  ?

Capture1.thumb.JPG.6d764e141c8b1240e40e07b26efd9d3d.JPG

mrmackey.thumb.jpg.58dfeeed5e08fd4cb98f0555600a3470.jpg

Although, eventually he made a shortened official statement.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.42c1fc822801d84e6114abadae49d8eb.JPG

closedsupplier.jpg.a8ad907a1de3732e665ebc4248127fe8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

That feeling when ...

something seems familiar

and you finally remember where you saw the original

The new thing:

giphy.gif

The original:

giphy.gif

It happened twice today!

Now:

giphy.gif

and then:

giphy.gif

This video is six years old, almost to the day. It was a campaign in India to discourage public defecation. 

• Haha 10

16 hours ago, Spriggy said:

In short .... "Pretty sure that Atari knows that telling the truth at this point would be like exposing Dracula to an ice cream cone." ? ?

Draculaicecream.jpg.1e235a66e6dbf43f54f4ab54fcb54146.jpg

Yes. I can't recall seeing Drac eating ice cream...

:P

(I couldn't find a good gif of Dracula melting away to light, so I should've just dropped it and done the Wicked Witch instead:

tenor.gif?itemid=5384719

• Like 3

Is there an over/under on Atari coming out in a few weeks and saying something like "sorry folks apparently all the VCS consoles, which were totally done and ready to ship, tested positive for the Corona Virus.  So in an abundance of caution the Chinese government had them destroyed.  But if you want to back our second IndieGogo we will totally ship them in a few months"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6