IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

13 minutes ago, LoonyLucas said:

What was wrong with that answer?  I took it as they have more things in the works, but they can't/won't say anything about it yet.  *shrug*

Because it's a non-answer. I really don't understand why so many backers like yourself are so content on Atari's constant refusal to be straight up with you.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Someone please wake me up when...

1. Atari is sold to someone with credibility or goes completely bankrupt and remains nonexistent.

2. Manages to figure how to license/embed an Atari app in every smart TV manufacturer like Vizio, Sony, LG that includes Pong/Breakout.

3. Builds a computer-console that uses actual cutting-edge technology, not based on tech considered to be high-end in 2012.

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Because it's a non-answer. I really don't understand why so many backers like yourself are so content on Atari's constant refusal to be straight up with you.

Well, I suppose seeing as Atari already has the backers Indiegogo money and it is now 100% completely up to them if and when they deliver; with absolutely no recourse for said Indiegogo backers if Atari fails, bails or in the quite fitting words of Darth Vader 'I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further' then I suppose comforting self delusion is considerably less stressful then facing the reality that Atari has had substantial problems with the Atari Box, is horribly behind schedule and is very soon going to have to post about yet another delay. Or that by their own metrics they are still not any closer to production then they were six months ago (still in prototype stage, with small batch test unit runs only).

1290994_1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

True, that and everyone has already watched how quick Atari is on the Delete trigger for anything they don't like, be it on the IGG page, Reddit, Facebook, etc. 

Still, I'd think that wherever Atari doesn't have the ability to control the narrative that backers/fans should be livid by now with the plethora of excuses, lies and non-answers. But like the flaming dog says...this is fine, apparently

tenor.gif?itemid=10054472

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
didn't need to quote :P
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Does anyone know which factory the VCS is being produced in? At the risk of delving into politics again, several factories in both central and especially Eastern China have been indicted in a report by an Australian NGO regarding the export of Uighurs from Western China for the use of slave labour. 

It's Atari SA. They ABSOLUTELY use slave labour.

Feargal Mac and Rob Wyatt, at the very least. Probably many more. 

10 hours ago, 8Bitjunkie said:

image.thumb.png.96ba26e6f8dffe06cfc27b4315898668.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

So, where are the games?!? 

Same place as their totally finished OS: Tacoland. 

But not the good Tacoland that has Taco Tuesdays, Taco Thursdays, and the all-you-can-eat Taco Birthday Tacos (it needs "taco" twice because it's that epic), and even has a taco mascot handing out tiny tacos to all the good boys and girls. 

It's the Tacoland in the back alley of the most dishevelled part of town that everyone avoids because you'll lose your tyres before you even find a place to park, and if you somehow manage to get home intact that evening, their health and safety-defying tacos will have the last laugh as they carry out their revenge (hopefully before you get near the bedsheets). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 8Bitjunkie said:

image.thumb.png.96ba26e6f8dffe06cfc27b4315898668.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

So, where are the games?!? 

So if the OS has been done for a while... I wonder what that P#152 means in the corner of that D-Cave video shot on Feb 29? Back on Jan 31 there was that Atari VCS Dashboard Test No. 30 video and it had a #30 in the corner.

So if that's a dashboard test number... it went up by 122 in 29 days or about 4.2 per day. Calculating back at that rate it would've been #0 on Jan 24.

OK sure that might be sloppy math but... is that a dashboard test number still or not? Is it "done" if there have been 122 different versions to test in the last month?

Edit: well on the upside if there have been 122 versions in the last month, I guess they actually must be busy at something.

Edited by JaqenHghar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Is it some kind of millennial thing? It's as if they are proud to expect nothing and be treated like crap as consumers. Like the company is doing them some kind of favor, and not vice versa.

It's baffling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, racerx said:

Is it some kind of millennial thing? It's as if they are proud to expect nothing and be treated like crap as consumers. Like the company is doing them some kind of favor, and not vice versa.

It's baffling.

Probably.  I mean, I'm not a millennial (born in 1979), but I've seen the light.  Am I doing this angry thing right?

giphy (1).gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoonyLucas said:

Probably.  I mean, I'm not a millennial (born in 1979), but I've seen the light.  Am I doing this angry thing right?

giphy (1).gif

No, your gif needs a taco in it. Fix that then you will pass the angry test.

So, has Karl given up on his sock puppet accounts yet? Did you deliver the Biffy to him like I nicely asked?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, racerx said:

It's baffling.

Its the exact opposite for the millenials I deal with.  They ask a lot of questions and want constant updates.   I guess us old people just aren't as curious.  A little bit of curiosity would have been a good thing for the backers before they gave Atari their money.  I guess you're never too old to learn a hard lesson. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

No, your gif needs a taco in it. Fix that then you will pass the angry test.

So, has Karl given up on his sock puppet accounts yet? Did you deliver the Biffy to him like I nicely asked?

Hah.  Sorry, i dont talk to Karl.  Besides, I only deliver tacos.

eat24_delivery_driver_taco.jpg

• Like 3

I can assure everyone that Quark's bar has decent tacos. As for the Atari VCS, well, no self respecting Ferengi would think about being associated with such business. Now, if you excuse me I must go pick up my order of tacos from Quarks so I can eat while mending Chief O'Brien's uniform he keeps getting caught on the stations access hatches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Garak said:

I can assure everyone that Quark's bar has decent tacos. As for the Atari VCS, well, no self respecting Ferengi would think about being associated with such business. Now, if you excuse me I must go pick up my order of tacos from Quarks so I can eat while mending Chief O'Brien's uniform he keeps getting caught on the stations access hatches.

Best post award. Here is your taco. ?

• Like 3

On 3/5/2020 at 7:18 AM, TwoShedsWilson said:

Angry Birds? Flappy Bird clones? Fart apps? People will still pay to play Pong, right?

I'd better get the pre-installed Fart App for mine.  I don't want to have to root it, like other devices!