IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

6 hours ago, OCAT said:

With all the local stores with barren shelves in the strategic sections ie: cleaning supplies, pharmacy goods, canned foods stuffs and frozen veggies, I would like to remind people to stock up on Taco kits. No need to head to your local Taco fast food joint and risk the plague. In times like these I can understand that it is hard to choose to risk going out for tacos. This way you can make your own in quarantine! I am sure this thread has a few dozen taco recipies by now.

Hmm Atari VCS
V= Virus
C=Covid
S= the 19th letter of the alphabet!

I am in no way drawing any conclusions. But just incase anyone gets it from taking delivery of the "console" I called it first! (Allegedly)

covid19.gif.085c850ccf5b3cbbe06f3eda05c0bfce.gif

2 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

This x1000. 

Every time a discussion about NINTENDO IS DOOOOMED comes up, you know that the person proclaiming said doom is as clueless as a pigeon on a VCS Fan FB page. The WiiU could have sold zero units and the company still would have been solvent. Like them or hate them, they know what they are doing and they are in absolutely no danger of collapsing in the foreseeable future. Atari is such a non-entity in the modern business space that they would probably be surprised to hear that they are still around and are sort of involved in games. Like most of the populace, they probably think they are nothing more than an apparel company. 

And when Nintendo launches the Switch Pro, Microsoft the Xbox Series X, and Sony the PS5, each on of those companies will easily sell 100x Atari's VCS backer amount on launch day, if not 200-300 times more. The notion that anyone in these companies is "scared" of the Atari VCS isn't even laughable, it's bizarre on the level of the belief that stocking up on toilet paper is going to do something about a virus. 

726970177_nailedit.gif.b4a28d5c091024f8421d2c821aac216c.gif

meanwhile.gif.facf3ae528a14a5d10dca705a99c2a69.gif

Some sassy pigeons down in the IGG deldrums. ?

Capture.JPG.f10017fb71f52d4c15af45b6386833e8.JPG

sassy.gif.d83f25c6214c77779d1f3f3120949b96.gif

And .....  another invisible creation by Ataco.  At least they're consistent.    https://www.atarichain.com/  

money.gif.5c4d1ee330ac056083f8102dfd616951.gifsigh.gif.c11dfd55a631f096eb5f6856dcf3c67b.gif

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Spriggy said:

meanwhile.gif.facf3ae528a14a5d10dca705a99c2a69.gif

Some sassy pigeons down in the IGG deldrums. ?

Capture.JPG.f10017fb71f52d4c15af45b6386833e8.JPG

sassy.gif.d83f25c6214c77779d1f3f3120949b96.gif

That seems to sum up the last few days of the IGG page.  I wonder if there's a way for Atari to make the comments visible to backers only?  It's really degraded into a disaster since the showing in NYC. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

That seems to sum up the last few days of the IGG page.  I wonder if there's a way for Atari to make the comments visible to backers only?  It's really degraded into a disaster since the showing in NYC. 

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  What's the saying, "You made your bed, now ..."

Edited by Spriggy
Removed unnecessary dribble!
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  What's the saying, "You made your bed, now ..."

Well, people wanted Atari to show the product, but no one expected it to suck THAT bad, not even me.  Even the staunchest supporters of this system understand that it sucks, regardless of what they post.  I'm not really sure where Atari goes from here with it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Well, people wanted Atari to show the product, but no one expected it to suck THAT bad, not even me.  Even the staunchest supporters of this system understand that it sucks, regardless of what they post.  I'm not really sure where Atari goes from here with it.

They sue Intellivision for making Atari games. They gave them license to use the games so that fits with Atari suing over things they have no ground on. You know, because that's what Atari does best.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/13/2020 at 9:22 AM, racerx said:

Are you kidding? There are actually people convinced that much of the negativity comes from people that are worried that Atari is a threat to their beloved Big Three.

You can't make this stuff up.

Screenshot_20200312-114831.thumb.png.78a8c64290b22cac317d7327d2cfa780.png

Partially kidding - the stupidity of people just never ceases to amaze me. Kind of like how Picard keeps getting worse with every episode. At some point, you just have to wonder what went wrong with humanity that we managed to get to this point. 

I don't have any love for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft any more and certainly think all three have a lot of room for improvement, but I still don't think Atari holds a candle to them (as no reasonable person would). 

On 3/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, racerx said:

Well, he's doubled down. Apparently Nintendo knows Atari's their daddy, and Microsoft and Sony are scared because Nintendo's scared.

Seriously...why do so many backers seem to be mentally challenged and/or certifiably insane?

Screenshot_20200312-174300.png

To be fair, some of them seem legitimately mentally challenged, which is what bothers me so much about this - some of these people are clearly being taken advantage of by Atari because they don't know any better, and Atari is all too happy to take their money. 

It's certainly concerning either way...

On 3/14/2020 at 6:36 AM, DurradonXylles said:

Nintendo has also existed for almost 130 years, and learned to adapt several times over during that period. 

Part of me wishes they'd ditch the Switch and go back to making hanafuda cards full-time though. I guess sometimes I just like the simpler things.

I know they still make some, but they're scarcely available outside of Japan and certainly never over here. 

On 3/14/2020 at 6:48 AM, OCAT said:

With all the local stores with barren shelves in the strategic sections ie: cleaning supplies, pharmacy goods, canned foods stuffs and frozen veggies, I would like to remind people to stock up on Taco kits.

I got a box of taco shells yesterday, so hopefully I'll have some photos next week!

I think we ate all the nice meat though so it'll probably be relatively boring but oh well. They're still tacos, dammit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, joeatari1 said:

Just reliving old memories...

Maybe we can get a Hyperscan mini while we are at it too. The CDs and RFID cards were revolutionary.

f0270ac63ead4d91a19cf3b19752ffcclg.jpg.ad505902d237125d40abb3121c0983ca.jpg

Please note if you did not read the sarcasm please go back eat a taco and reread it with sarcasm. Thank you.

????

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe we can get a Hyperscan mini while we are at it too. The CDs and RFID cards were revolutionary.

f0270ac63ead4d91a19cf3b19752ffcclg.jpg.ad505902d237125d40abb3121c0983ca.jpg

Please note if you did not read the sarcasm please go back eat a taco and reread it with sarcasm. Thank you.

????

It'll be groundbreaking, and have 22 games or more!

• Haha 9