IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Hey guys... I know the world is collapsing in a zombie pandemic, but I keep getting e-mails from AtariBox. I paid the $250 or some odd amount back in the day (2018???) for an AtariBox through the Kickstarter thing. There's been a bunch of discussion and I'm not sure they still know who I am, or how to send me my AtariBox if that ever actually happens. 

Is there something I should be doing? It seems like they switched a couple of platforms, and then said something like we need to re-register somewhere. I can't for the life of me remember if I ever did it as I was working in another country for most of last year with limited internet access. Any idea what I should be doing (or should have done)?

When I go to their website to contact them directly, it takes me to some Xsolla website that doesn't appear to be even remotely related to Atari... so I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Hey guys... I know the world is collapsing in a zombie pandemic, but I keep getting e-mails from AtariBox. I paid the $250 or some odd amount back in the day (2018???) for an AtariBox through the Kickstarter thing. There's been a bunch of discussion and I'm not sure they still know who I am, or how to send me my AtariBox if that ever actually happens. 

Is there something I should be doing? It seems like they switched a couple of platforms, and then said something like we need to re-register somewhere. I can't for the life of me remember if I ever did it as I was working in another country for most of last year with limited internet access. Any idea what I should be doing (or should have done)?

When I go to their website to contact them directly, it takes me to some Xsolla website that doesn't appear to be even remotely related to Atari... so I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

Short version: Atari can't manage anything.  I would wait until they start shipping something before worrying if your info is right.  Trying to get ahold of them in the meantime is likely to be more trouble than it's worth.

Shorter version: Your money is gone.  Seeing if you ever get anything for it will end up being the only game the VCS ever plays.

Long version: Pour yourself a cup of coffee and head back to page 1 of this thread.  My condolences. 

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Short version: Atari can't manage anything.  I would wait until they start shipping something before worrying if your info is right.  Trying to get ahold of them in the meantime is likely to be more trouble than it's worth.

Shorter version: Your money is gone.  Seeing if you ever get anything for it will end up being the only game the VCS ever plays.

Long version: Pour yourself a cup of coffee and head back to page 1 of this thread.  My condolences. 

Haha... I understand. This isn't my first time to the thread. But I was just wondering if anyone here also purchased it via Kickstarter, and did the supposed "re-register" thing they asked us to do, which I can no longer find or figure out?

It was on Indiegogo, and they probably sent out emails to register via BackerKit to help them with logistics. 

It is late, overpromised, and underdelivered. Not finished but maybe (???) kinda close. It's hard to tell. 

You could probably get your money back if you raised a big enough stink, maybe if you started with your credit card you used to make the purchase way back when. It's hard to see how it ends up doing anything but disappointing you. 

Beware of big talkers who promise a lot but haven't yet delivered anything except for easily-produced printed shirts and swag. It doesn't matter how cute the case looks in the renders, or how much you want to believe the smooth-talking sales guy. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

It was on Indiegogo, and they probably sent out emails to register via BackerKit to help them with logistics. 

It is late, overpromised, and underdelivered. Not finished but maybe (???) kinda close. It's hard to tell. 

You could probably get your money back if you raised a big enough stink, maybe if you started with your credit card you used to make the purchase way back when. It's hard to see how it ends up doing anything but disappointing you. 

Beware of big talkers who promise a lot but haven't yet delivered anything except for easily-produced printed shirts and swag. It doesn't matter how cute the case looks in the renders, or how much you want to believe the smooth-talking sales guy. 

Oof!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, retroeight said:

As much as the Ataribox has been delayed has that 7800 XM thing ever been released?

A few XM's have made it out to developers and early testers. While it's been a major piss off for many years of wait I do believe 100 percent that everyone will have an XM that paid for one and within a reasonable amount of time. I know the hardware side is finished but the software side (the BIOS) has at least 1 or 2 minor glitches to be ironed out before the masses finally get their machines. That and it needs to have the dev mode closed off in place if the end user bios. But it's closer to reality now that it was any of the 5 other times it was "coming out soon" over the last 10 years. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

"These disruptions may in fact have an impact, notably with regards to the timetable, on the sourcing, production and shipment of the Atari VCS and of other Atari licensed products commercialized by our partners, as well as on the renewals of these licensing agreements, generators of profits and royalties for the Group. The Group continues to work on the renewal of licensing agreements and on the timetable for the Atari VCS."

In other words 'You'll get nothing and like it!'

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

*Stands up*

What's a Nubian?

It looks like the Ataribox will always be Chasing Amy-co.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

If anyone out there is craving a Taco but cannot leave the house I would suggest making a Burrito instead, most people have frozen pita or what not in the freezer / fridge, there was a speed run posted yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-bOI2tggYE

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Burritos are life. 

image.gif.a9011061d1309c601f9858d2272052d2.gif

Hell Yeah!!

And if I'm being totally honest here,   Most of my Tacos started life as Burritos...Then, when I went to close them and realized I'd overfilled them,...I thought,   That's OK!    NOW They're TACOS!!

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

It looks like the Ataribox will always be Chasing Amy-co.

oh, man.  that is deadly.

so there are 267M shares of atari outstanding?  at 0.28 euros each, that's a market cap of 75M euros.

is that right?  that seems insane for a company that has nothing and no revenues, that's sitting on a product that will at most be a blip.

@Albert should just start issuing shares of atari age with a declared share price.  we could all be paper millionaires!

• Haha 3

I'm enjoying all the excuses that these stupid virus is giving people. So many overreactions.

Atari appesrs to be claiming that they can't even send emails or place home calls because of it.

Heck I'm pretty sure they said they were writing a new blog post for the end of last week - whatever happened to that? (Rhetorical question; we already know).

Not that any of Atari's excuses matter. Atari, you can't delay something that doesn't exist. You're still in the prototype phase.

They should have sold a taco recipe book instead.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Hahah... I'm usually pretty shrewd, and rarely get taken advantage of... but I have a soft spot for Atari... it's a weak spot.

I'll be happy with something that "officially" says Atari on it and supports Linux, that I can hook up to my TV. If anything else comes out of it, I'll be icing.

• Confused 1