IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I would not be surprised if "developers" = OS programmers and not game programmers.  In other words they are were being sent to folks to develop the software to make it turn on so that you can then have a chance to play a game.

• Like 8

I agree that seems likely, because they made a big deal about how Unity3D was all a developer should need to get on VCS. 

Their latest update had lots of pictures of flawed VCS cases which they won't use, OK fair enough.  It at the end, they talk about all the conferences that will be cancelled, so the next sneak peeks at their machine will need to be online. If that's the case, why don't they show more of the thing themselves? They don't need a public, in-person show and they never did. Only posting very carefully edited short clips with no direct feed makes it seem like they don't have much to offer, even after this time.

What they aren't saying is speaking louder than words. 

The remainder of our potential Spring schedule of events has now fallen prey to COVID-19, as major events including GDC, SXSW and E3 have been cancelled. San Diego Comic Con is probably next (but who knows?). Will Atari be at Pax West or New York Comic Con as we hope? This is all TBD. We are keeping our eyes out for upcoming opportunities to preview the Atari VCS with more fans, but for the foreseeable future all activity will obviously have to remain online.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Backers will be delighted if (when ?) no developper announce any game for the VCS. ?

Remember how Steve Jobs talked about how he wanted to make products that would surprise and delight their customers? Atari is halfway there with the first part. But not in a good way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, there actually are developers.  I don't think there are, but I don't care to muddy the waters on that point.

By what logic should Atari not fulfill SOME of the backer perks, if it is in their power to do so? Yeah, you can deliver the product that you sold, but won't, because that would be "unfair" to the others?  So you make all the customers wait longer for something that's already massively late?  If you're a backer who could actually get a unit, are you going to say "Naw, keep your VCS until Floyd and Biff can get one too?"

No, at least partially filling the orders, if they could, would only help Atari. We're back at the space where Atari is either lying through their teeth or completely stupid.

And we've been here so many times already.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, frankodragon said:

The beer that made Milwaukee have the shitz.

Schlitz-Ad6.jpg

They call it Blatz because that's the sound it makes coming out.

My old roommate left a case of the stuff outside his dorm one Friday night. When Monday morning came around, it was still there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Advice for F1JV - Don't type your responses while you're actively having an episode:

KHAAAAAN! - Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan GIF - StarTrekTheWrathOfKhan StarTrek2 StarTrek GIFs

And you're a complete dope for believing Atari over anything. They had promised to have this to backers by December. The virus didn't shut factories down during the period that they should have been building systems to fulfill the 11,000 orders, because the virus didn't appear until mid-November. Atari should have been making units from August/September, but only now do they allegedly have a few hundred units for these mythical "developers." Which as mentioned in this thread, also makes no sense if it's just crapping out something in Unity. A backer with a brain would challenge Atari to provide evidence that they have actually signed developers up and responded to those emails. So far the small handful of devs who sent emails to dev@atari.com never got a response. It's on Atari to prove otherwise, as it's their system; which also speaks to their other BS excuse in claiming that "contracts" prevents them from announcing these partners. If you really believe them on all of this after being lied to so many times, then you are an idiot.

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 13

Hang on a moment. They've not actually said there will be 500 units, just that there are enough parts arriving to build that many.

The chances are that there'll be considerably less than that number actually made, and that they'll only be good "for developers" because they'll be flaky as hell and ship without a completed OS.

• Like 7

Well it seems ATARI has managed to block me from posting on IndieNoNo 

to be expected I guess given they blocked me on their FB site 3 months ago.

Curious that you can still post Don Taco?

Not being able to post a question in a campaign I have paid quite a bit for seems a denial of natural justice.

Edited by Chopsus
Grammar
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

18 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

Well it seems ATARI has managed to block me from posting on IndieNoNo 

to be expected I guess given they blocked me on their FB site 3 months ago.

Curious that you can still post Don Taco?

Not being able to post a question in a campaign I have paid quite a bit for seems a denial of natural justice.

You were "Chopsus Maximus," I presume? I remember you, asking some tough questions as if "Atari" would answer. 

Taking $300 for the promise of delivering something in 6 months but taking more like 3 years? NO PROBLEM

Getting a little salty when asking about it in a public place? BURN THE WITCH

dontbeajerk.thumb.PNG.d6c9cad5abb7c458714886c410ba35b8.PNG

• Like 6

11 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Atari would be better off by talking through their behinds instead of out of their mouths.  But that's probably what they've been doing since day one.

asses_talking.gif.2b5561429add4029cd2b970b96263eeb.gif

I think they are one and the same at this point.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Advice for F1JV - Don't type your responses while you're actively having an episode:

KHAAAAAN! - Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan GIF - StarTrekTheWrathOfKhan StarTrek2 StarTrek GIFs

And you're a complete dope for believing Atari over anything. They had promised to have this to backers by December. The virus didn't shut factories down during the period that they should have been building systems to fulfill the 11,000 orders, because the virus didn't appear until mid-November. Atari should have been making units from August/September, but only now do they allegedly have a few hundred units for these mythical "developers." Which as mentioned in this thread, also makes no sense if it's just crapping out something in Unity. A backer with a brain would challenge Atari to provide evidence that they have actually signed developers up and responded to those emails. So far the small handful of devs who sent emails to dev@atari.com never got a response. It's on Atari to prove otherwise, as it's their system; which also speaks to their other BS excuse in claiming that "contracts" prevents them from announcing these partners. If you really believe them on all of this after being lied to so many times, then you are an idiot.

Biff is a dev. He is making that puzzle and jungle game. Oh don't forget the shoebox either. So 2 devs... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

You were "Chopsus Maximus," I presume? I remember you, asking some tough questions as if "Atari" would answer. 

Taking $300 for the promise of delivering something in 6 months but taking more like 3 years? NO PROBLEM

Getting a little salty when asking about it in a public place? BURN THE WITCH

dontbeajerk.thumb.PNG.d6c9cad5abb7c458714886c410ba35b8.PNG

Only positive comments or we will delete is what they are saying. I bet their positive to negative ratio of positive to negative comments lies heavy on the positive side.

Because they are awesome and all that jazz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5