IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

Maybe they should give away some of the ugly ducklings with manufacturing defects (as pictured in their last update) to The Register for review purposes? It's what's inside that counts.

giphy.gif

Imagine how messed up they would be if they still tried to use the original design?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

You were "Chopsus Maximus," I presume? I remember you, asking some tough questions as if "Atari" would answer. 

Taking $300 for the promise of delivering something in 6 months but taking more like 3 years? NO PROBLEM

Getting a little salty when asking about it in a public place? BURN THE WITCH

dontbeajerk.thumb.PNG.d6c9cad5abb7c458714886c410ba35b8.PNG

Yep, I’m done with all crowd funding, it is all a con.

that ATARI refuse to communicate with me via any method demonstrates their absolute distain for those who backed them ... their attitude toward backers alone would spell their downfall with no customer loyalty ... even before their bankrupt operational performance.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

that ATARI refuse to communicate with me via any method demonstrates their absolute distain for those who backed them ... their attitude toward backers alone would spell their downfall with no customer loyalty ... even before their bankrupt operational performance.

Also, I bet they smell bad.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

A series of emails to IndieNoNo staff and I am magically allowed to post again ... quite curious.

i think the ATARI Intern really does have no idea about PR and Corporate Communication ... fail to address negative comments, or worse openly deleting them, can only make things worse in the long run.

That ^ is assuming things CAN get better for ATARI.

Edited by Chopsus
Missing s
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, TACODON said:

Maybe they have blocked me. I haven't checked in a bit. But our beloved Biff, I'm assuming that is him, should certainly be blocked if anyone should be.

I don’t think you are as it was your last post that alerted me to being locked out, I had tried either side of you posting.

Biff and Jesse Scrotums are both developmentally delayed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Atari would be better off by talking through their behinds instead of out of their mouths.  But that's probably what they've been doing since day one.

asses_talking.gif.2b5561429add4029cd2b970b96263eeb.gif

It's going all Cats - The Movie in here.

#releasethebuttholeedition

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Chopsus said:

8 hours ago, Chopsus said:

A series of emails to IndieNoNo staff and I am magically allowed to post again ... quite curious.

i think the ATARI Intern really does have no idea about PR and Corporate Communication ... fail to address negative comments, or worse openly deleting them, can only make things worse in the long run.

That ^ is assuming things CAN get better for ATARI.

I can sum it up even further, maybe piss off everyone involved in the Tacobox and those still blindly hoping to get one:

ATARI FUCKING SUCKS, AND THEY THINK YOU DO TO.

GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR MONEY'S WORTH OR A REFUND OF ANY KIND, CHUCKLEFUCKS.

If Atari wants to remove all pretext that they ever had any actual roadmap for the console's manufacture and release, no longer care to try to quell the angry masses they took several million dollars from, and continue to think that silencing those they took money from is a better strategy than simply staying quiet and leaving the angry comments alone, thus make it look like they got something to hide to onlookers, then I'll leave this comment here. Oh, and I'm a mentally unstable troll hired by Intellivision, who does a side hustle for the Register, to piss in backers' cornflakes as part of a smear campaign against Atari SA, and only made an AtariAge account to scream from on high how Atari was never cool despite the fact that my primary employer bought several licenses from Atari's catalog for the upcoming Amico.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/20/2020 at 1:41 AM, Paul Slocum said:

This is the best part, they have to send the 500 units to their hundreds of developers:

2088014907_Screenshot2020-03-2001_39_25.thumb.png.a2e3831167be36f768ba14199ebe96ff.png

How do you "confirm delivery" of something that's not scheduled to arrive until the end of the month?

On 3/20/2020 at 6:06 AM, Agillig said:

Didn't Atari claim that since the VCS ran on Linux, developers wouldn't need a console or SDK to make games for it?

That means you also won't need the console to play any games for it.

• Haha 6

On 3/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Atari update!  Sorry backers, it would be unfair to send out only some units, so we're not gonna:

https://medium.com/@atarivcs/atari-vcs-managing-the-unexpected-d87ac17b99df

On the brink of a car wreck.  I know they're trying to show a little manufacturing transparency, but showing plentiful pictures of damaged units and then telling them there is another delay doesn't help instill confidence one bit.  ?

fail.gif.a9cc83d7fc511bb056e2e8cbfe08bb02.gif

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

I get the sentiment behind the message, but try to look at this in perspective.

Personally at this point id rather actually play video games so I think thats where im focusing my energies.

... and tacos.

meanwhile.gif.e5cfd7c27e09a1d71b9b8a9586be8de8.gif

Over at IGG town.  Lot's of noise! ?

f1jv.thumb.JPG.868e13f153409f528688f3375cedba29.JPGf1jv2.thumb.JPG.c599ec41584cbd7a2a6d18c13b322e5a.JPG

tantrum.gif.6fe52025b3aefdb14c902e987cc2df0b.gifmaxshake.gif.b5e603592ff6a7337e4da543104f83d3.gif

• Haha 9

Kinda rich saying that we're "DELUSIONALLY INSANE" when someone is yelling at a website for criticizing a company living off of Nostalgia(TM) fumes and brand recognition, and threw several hundred dollars to said company on the promise that they'll get a Linux box, purported to have technical specifications that are weaker than the Wii U's in a when the Switch had already been around for over a year when the "preorder" campaign started and the PS4 and Xbox One were out for three times as long, that will apparently usher in the company's return to consoles.

Then again...

4 hours ago, DurradonXylles said:

I can sum it up even further, maybe piss off everyone involved in the Tacobox and those still blindly hoping to get one:

ATARI FUCKING SUCKS, AND THEY THINK YOU DO TO.

GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR MONEY'S WORTH OR A REFUND OF ANY KIND, CHUCKLEFUCKS.

If Atari wants to remove all pretext that they ever had any actual roadmap for the console's manufacture and release, no longer care to try to quell the angry masses they took several million dollars from, and continue to think that silencing those they took money from is a better strategy than simply staying quiet and leaving the angry comments alone, thus make it look like they got something to hide to onlookers, then I'll leave this comment here. Oh, and I'm a mentally unstable troll hired by Intellivision, who does a side hustle for the Register, to piss in backers' cornflakes as part of a smear campaign against Atari SA, and only made an AtariAge account to scream from on high how Atari was never cool despite the fact that my primary employer bought several licenses from Atari's catalog for the upcoming Amico.

He may have a point...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If F1 JV doesn’t care, then why is he reading this forum .... it wasn’t for his emotionally charged rants, I never would have known this forum and thread existed.

I’m glad I joined as  there is a noticeably elevated discussion here about the VCS compared to IndieNoNo

Edited by Chopsus
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

If F1 JV doesn’t care, then why is he reading this forum .... it wasn’t for his emotionally charged rants, I never would have known this forum and thread existed.

I’m glad I joined as  there is a noticeably elevated discussion here about the VCS compared to IndieNoNo

F1JV could easily come here since it doesn't require throwing money down a toilet.

Unless of course he is the Biffster who got banned from here a while back. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Over at IGG town.  Lot's of noise! ?

f1jv.thumb.JPG.868e13f153409f528688f3375cedba29.JPGf1jv2.thumb.JPG.c599ec41584cbd7a2a6d18c13b322e5a.JPG

Nerve Irritated GIF - Nerve Irritated Lol GIFs

Or rather, we did :P

Is it really "behind our BACKS!!!!eleventy!" when this is a public forum? I didn't contribute to this dumpster fire, so I can't comment over in IGG land, but as we always tell these guys, they are free and welcome to come here and lay out what makes the VCS so great, how Atari is a competent caretaker of crowdfunded money and product manufacturing, and a good communicator. Still waiting on that though (I'm not expecting much from a guy who writes like F1 JV does though).

• Like 7

We know they're reading this thread and we haven't all thrown our money away to comment on IndieGoGo, so I agree that it's not really behind their backs...

On 3/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, TACODON said:

I'd say I ruffled some feathers over on the IGG page. Though I'm not sure what model trains and cereal and six grade have to do with any of this?

Some really nasty behavior over there.

I thought he'd found my YouTube channel. :ponder:

Though he may have, since I chewed him out on YouTube too. I think he might have been the one who insulted me for it. As if I care what some goober thinks of my low-quality videos I made for fun. 

F1JV seems like the type you see on the evening news for some unspeakable crime. Dude is certifiably insane.

But then again, that's like saying water is wet or that the sun will rise tomorrow. 

(Though you wouldn't know it with the mass panic lately). 

He needs to get help. 

On 3/20/2020 at 9:41 PM, Paul Slocum said:

This is the best part, they have to send the 500 units to their hundreds of developers:

2088014907_Screenshot2020-03-2001_39_25.thumb.png.a2e3831167be36f768ba14199ebe96ff.png

It gets better though.

Atari said they produced 100 pre-production units (with red, supposedly unfinished motherboards) to test their manufacturing process, then sent those to developers. That was in December/January, if I remember correctly.

Then they did the "corrected" run with the blue motherboards approximately a month later. Another 100 units that they sent to developers. 

I don't remember if they said this outright but the implication was that they were replacing the first batch with the second batch. And now this would be a third exchange. 

So allegedly, Atari's (likely nonexistent) developers will have had three different models of dev kit by April. Within about four months. Which doesn't happen with dev kits because that would obviously be insane and unreasonable. So Atari are more than likely lying. 

And that's putting aside their whole spiel on Quality Assurance. I'm no expert on how QA is handled at factories, but their QA documents leave a lot to be desired. They seem very haphazard, almost as if they were thrown together just for this blog post. Which I'm sure can't be true because Atari aren't liars!

I also find the wood grain stickers having quality problems laughable. It's just a sticker. How do you screw up the only two you've made?

• Like 6

Atari is DONE!

After this is all over, the WORLD will be looking to rebuild the economy and what not, I highly doubt ANYONE will give a Rat's ( ! ) about a retro console that costs more than it should, delivered later than is should, does absolutely nothing that is should have, would have, could have.

And good luck on that ATARI HOTEL, I cannot imagine the vacancy right now in a freaking $30 motel room much less than that of a luxury Hotel that celebreates games from a time that only 40+ year olds care about.

You all are old enough to remember what happened when we had the MAD-COW disease, Mc.Donalds? Tacos? nope, chicken burger please. When people are scared, money stays in pocket for other things. Sure the VCS team can blame the failure on the crisis but this was on track to that destination anyway.

All those "extra units" could have gone to Youtube "influencers" for reviews if the Atari VCS team was confident they had a great product. This action speaks volumes about the confidence of the product that they put "A little more heart, thought" into.

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, OCAT said:

Atari is DONE!

After this is all over, the WORLD will be looking to rebuild the economy and what not, I highly doubt ANYONE will give a Rat's ( ! ) about a retro console that costs more than it should, delivered later than is should, does absolutely nothing that is should have, would have, could have.

And good luck on that ATARI HOTEL, I cannot imagine the vacancy right now in a freaking $30 motel room much less than that of a luxury Hotel that celebreates games from a time that only 40+ year olds care about.

You all are old enough to remember what happened when we had the MAD-COW disease, Mc.Donalds? Tacos? nope, chicken burger please. When people are scared, money stays in pocket for other things. Sure the VCS team can blame the failure on the crisis but this was on track to that destination anyway.

All those "extra units" could have gone to Youtube "influencers" for reviews if the Atari VCS team was confident they had a great product. This action speaks volumes about the confidence of the product that they put "A little more heart, thought" into.

Not so fast.   I need the entertainment, which is all this saga has ever been to me. Atari has been preying on people who should have known better, but for whatever reason, didn't do any critical thinking on the matter.  

Atari is just holding out like a buyout.  They're like a military unit that is completely surrounded, and hoping against hope the cavalry is coming.   It's not.   But it's pretty interesting to see how long functioning adults (the backers) can make excuses for the same people who ripped them off.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Is it really "behind our BACKS!!!!eleventy!" when this is a public forum? I didn't contribute to this dumpster fire, so I can't comment over in IGG land, but as we always tell these guys, they are free and welcome to come here and lay out what makes the VCS so great, how Atari is a competent caretaker of crowdfunded money and product manufacturing, and a good communicator. Still waiting on that though (I'm not expecting much from a guy who writes like F1 JV does though).

Exactly.  

image.thumb.png.8dfbbd67138506e5858be17d2403fff0.png

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

580767354_yeswediddarling.gif.42d96801bbaada5e59017858e34060ee.gif

I have no wish to waste my time playing Atari verbal patty-cake with wacky Nadeau.  Pigeons like him, read a comment here and there in this topic and then think they understand the premise of said topic.  In cases like JV, meme's more than speak a thousand tacos. ??

stoptalking.gif.91350f3b7582312b0832f32d6e25c2c9.gif

• Haha 7