IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

4 minutes ago, Agillig said:

So yesterday, President Trump said he wants the US up and running in "weeks, not months."  Without getting political, if he uses the Atari definition of the phrase, does that mean we are looking at an indefinite shutdown?

Without getting political, it had better be weeks not months. My principle income to support my family is from my small, independent arcade business in a mall. Obviously it's not something considered essential, although so far where I live they are not doing the same as other states in forcing places like arcades to shut down. But, earnings have massively collapsed as people have self-quarantined, then last week I was shut down due to a 5.7 quake here. I might be open tomorrow, but normally this would have been spring break and it would be helping me along. I have enough capital stashed away to cover auto-pay bills for a couple of months, but if this goes on as long as Atari "develops" the VCS, I'll be bankrupt well before then. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Not to get too far off topic but my job is considered essential but we have slowed down. Talks of cutting back on labor is happening. So hopefully it is more like weeks than months. But happy Taco Tuesday everyone! 

See, I brought it back on subject.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Thanks @The Historian  

Sounds like KV did okay then. Market price for that stock is about $0.20 a share lately. 

I can't shake the feeling that this is a financial shell game, but I don't understand how anyone gets any long term gains from it. 

Many of these Crowd Funded Cons are simply about keeping it going while they draw down a salary against the funds obtained ... they never intend to produce, it’s about running the con long enough to empty the coffers .... any excuse to extend it, or find more “suckers” is happily embraced and presented as progress.  

this stuff is way easier than a Ponzi Scheme because they don’t even need to pretend the pot is growing AND “Suckers” are hostages to the scheme, they can’t leave, even if they wanted to.

• Like 5

Well, it's good news for the likes of Nintendo and Netflix now that everyone's stuck at home with nothing better to do than play games and watch movies.

It's just a shame for Atari that they're only competing with either of those in their own minds.

• Haha 5

Well, I almost never post in this thread but the tacos always look good.  I have a contribution today though.

20200324_193442.thumb.jpg.26a9391d04a881f3721fb000ae691cae.jpg

It hits hard right away and lasts for about half an hour (depending on how many Coronas you have with it).  I don't have a very high tolerance and this one is well over my comfort level.  Cholula is my everyday go to.  Just thought I'd share!

20200324_193450.thumb.jpg.0b4a4b5a31d60d509087da0b7509e988.jpg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Well, I almost never post in this thread but the tacos always look good.  I have a contribution today though.

It hits hard right away and lasts for about half an hour (depending on how many Coronas you have with it).  I don't have a very high tolerance and this one is well over my comfort level.  Cholula is my everyday go to.  Just thought I'd share!

Cool, that was made in the County I’m in, not far.  Did you get it in the area?

17 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Without getting political, it had better be weeks not months. My principle income to support my family is from my small, independent arcade business in a mall. Obviously it's not something considered essential, although so far where I live they are not doing the same as other states in forcing places like arcades to shut down. But, earnings have massively collapsed as people have self-quarantined, then last week I was shut down due to a 5.7 quake here. I might be open tomorrow, but normally this would have been spring break and it would be helping me along. I have enough capital stashed away to cover auto-pay bills for a couple of months, but if this goes on as long as Atari "develops" the VCS, I'll be bankrupt well before then. 

Hey, that means you are in Utah?  If you are not bankrupt after the quarantine,  I will try and make a visit!  Haven't been to a decent arcade in many moons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Note that the TurboGrafx 16 Mini which was delayed "indefinitely" 3 weeks ago due to COVID-19 is now available some places in Japan.  New Apple products started shipping this week.  Even with everything going on, Atari's extreme delays due to COVID are starting to look ridiculous.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

That sounds great!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

Haven't they shown this video before?

Yup, back in January. My old downvote was already there, because obviously I'm a hater who just wants to tear down something I've never played. Not because it's uninteresting and weak. Comments still disabled. Maybe the Atari CEO should get on the message boards and crow about how few downvotes they've received after 26,000 views as if that means something. 

2085176601_ScreenShot2020-03-25at3_19_28PM.thumb.png.4a13291fdc8b6783b2b1d6526cf99690.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1