IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

On 3/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, Flojomojo said:

I can't shake the feeling that this is a financial shell game, but I don't understand how anyone gets any long term gains from it. 

Perhaps a tax scam to write off losses against profits that they know will not happen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Shawn said:

And why are they posting a video of the system from almost 3 months ago if indeed that is what it is? 

They're recycling something they've used before to cover up for the fact that they've nothing new to show.

I can safely say it's deliberate, because it's not the first time they've done this. I doubt it'll be the last either.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

Note that the TurboGrafx 16 Mini which was delayed "indefinitely" 3 weeks ago due to COVID-19 is now available some places in Japan.

No, it was only delayed outside Japan, so nothing has changed unfortunately. :( The Japanese model is available in Japan since March 19th, the announced release date.

• Like 3

Good for a laugh.

As for that video Atari uploaded, it's the exact same one from January (as @Flojomojo already pointed out, I see). Not just the video content, but the whole video listing. How the date is different, I'm not entirely sure (probably can be screwed with in the settings, though I've never seen fit to try). Even my down-vote from January is still there (again, like Flo's - I wrote all of this before I saw his comment hiding between the others, dammit). Trust me, I'd love to click it again, but then it'd just give them one less. It's definitely the same video.

6 hours ago, Phill.T said:

Is that just a plastic case with a hdmi extension cable going through it?

Hard to tell, but they had two "working" units at D-Cave so... I guess it's a real, working unit. Doesn't really tell us much of anything. Even if it worked perfectly, it'd still be crap, and they're still just running Windows 10.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2020 at 4:54 AM, leech said:

Hey, that means you are in Utah?  If you are not bankrupt after the quarantine,  I will try and make a visit!  Haven't been to a decent arcade in many moons.

Yes sir! In some good news, we are open today - the mall is allowing us to open if we want. I keep everything disinfected, have a UV-C germ killing air purifier and we have copper/zinc tokens (which scientifically kill viruses). So, we'll see how it goes, although most of the mall is keeping shut down (much of the food court, bunch of shops, the movie theater). Would be happy to have you drop by, where you can try out the Stranger Things premium pinball machine that we got the day before the earthquake. 

And to bring this back on topic:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'motfar Helo DAY 7 OF THE QUARANTINE: TACO IS ABOUT TO LIVE UP TO HIS NAME'

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, TankedThomas said:

Good for a laugh.

As for that video Atari uploaded, it's the exact same one from January (as @Flojomojo already pointed out, I see). Not just the video content, but the whole video listing. How the date is different, I'm not entirely sure (probably can be screwed with in the settings, though I've never seen fit to try). Even my down-vote from January is still there (again, like Flo's - I wrote all of this before I saw his comment hiding between the others, dammit). Trust me, I'd love to click it again, but then it'd just give them one less. It's definitely the same video.

Hard to tell, but they had two "working" units at D-Cave so... I guess it's a real, working unit. Doesn't really tell us much of anything. Even if it worked perfectly, it'd still be crap, and they're still just running Windows 10.

Just got to watch this. Complete taco show. I hope we are nearing the end of this charade. Atari on their deathbed...

Light2.thumb.jpg.829703d91c04ce896af8a23ec1fc2a8d.jpg

• Haha 2