IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

23 minutes ago, Chopsus said:
But isn’t it all a scam?
Atari 2 hours ago
PROJECT OWNER

Backers, Shopyzaz VCS page is a SCAM page. Do not spend $ there! Warn your friends. Authorities are being alerted. Nicky thanks for heads up.

Yeah, you could send your money off and get nothing but bullshit back for the next couple of years. ?

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Am I the only one who thinks that all of that sounds Way Cooler than anything Atari would actually come up with?

F#ck ... that was fast Goldy. ?  Enjoy your stay mate.  I heard some good and bad feedback about the resort hotel.  The Fat Elvis cabaret show is not bad, but more of a comedy as opposed to a serious act.  The Pigeon Tamer act was a let down.  Started off OK, but then he lost complete control when pigeons started chasing him all around the stage.   The TV in the hotel room didn't work either.  I heard it was very curious, as there was no power cord actually going from the wall plug to the TV.  However when you turned the TV on, the blue power LED in the lower right corner lit up!?

Oh ..... and the Taco's are shit.

1440071333_hotelroom.thumb.jpg.b85af8b0df0bc29db4cfb999f007987b.jpg

• Haha 9

Taco lovers.  

Free Doritos Locos Tacos at Taco Bell today.  No purchase necessary

https://www.tacobell.com/freedoritoslocostacos?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1Iv0BRDaARIsAGTWD1vXFT1lj5HYWffENPvf-ZbbFxJPaHc1z7s3qHdzRjpgwmI59ja7gr8aAhS3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Well, looks like over on Walmart, if you want to buy your Atari VCS, it ships November 27th 

Screenshot (359).png

Edited by TheRevWells

TWO finance-related Atari press releases today, ahead of some almost certainly awful fiscal reports. 

ATARI: Redemption of the OCEANE 2003-2020 maturing on April 1, 2020

Seems to be some old bond from one of their bankruptcies. 

Following this redemption, the Atari Group no longer has any financial debt, excluding leases

and

Iconic Atari®️ Properties are Headed to the Revolutionary Blockchain-based Gaming Metaverse, The Sandbox

Sounds like some kind of Roblox-type virtual world, combined with their oh-so-gimmicky blockchain promises. Get psyched! or not. 

Under Atari’s partnership with Animoca Brands and TSB Gaming Ltd, 3D voxelized versions of Atari’s classic and most popular gaming properties will be made available in The Sandbox when the game launches to the public later this year. Atari-inspired “ASSETs” (persistent metaverse objects) will also be available within The Sandbox for use throughout the entire platform by players and even creators in their very own metaverse games. The Sandbox will also be home to the first Atari theme park on the blockchain — Atari LAND! This virtual creation will feature Atari-themed attractions, creations, and immersive social gaming experiences. 

ATARI VCS is still "Managing the Unexpected," of course. We didn't expect the global pandemic, but we kinda did expect this

259952453_ScreenShot2020-03-31at2_41_06PM.thumb.png.df07d7d082b01d55e6f7df4c634b61be.png

965839018_ScreenShot2020-03-31at2_43_32PM.thumb.png.0f49e3317af717a636325ae3b1299f41.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

So, this is clearly an exclusive launch title for the AtariBox, right?

Right.

Sure, as long as you install Windows on it. Oh, and you would actually need to receive an AtariBox to run it. 

The Steam wishlist page is up, including system specs. It's tiny, and can run on a potato. I expect a mobile release before long, but PC/consoles have more prestige nowadays. Or as they say, "no balls, no problem!"

2133865002_ScreenShot2020-03-31at3_00_46PM.thumb.png.fab6bb48462b3169589fc0bd52eb45bf.png

This is the kind of ridiculous game I enjoy. I'll give it a spin when it goes on sale for a dollar or two. 

No balls, no problem!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

"Like never before" indeed!

Well that's better than nothing and shows some level of trying for a change. Granted, it looks like a flash game, so it does look cheap in that regard. But admittedly I am intrigued by the game modes...throwing Centipede in there is a nice touch that I don't think they've ever done before (I haven't played the Hasbro-era PONG game)?

But as we've harped on 1000x already - why on earth would you not be slapping "COMING TO THE ATARI VCS!" on there first and foremost if you have an awesome new console headed everyone's way sometime this year? Since it's a multi-plat, why not tout that the VCS version will have unique game modes? Any competent console maker would be doing that (or locking it in as an exclusive). Even throwing the line of "Play it on your VCS in Sandbox mode!" would be something, unless they are embarrassed to point out that the only way VCS users will get anything is via said mode.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

why on earth would you not be slapping "COMING TO THE ATARI VCS!" on there first and foremost if you have an awesome new console headed everyone's way sometime this year? 

giphy.gif

the answer is secret

because they do not have an awesome new console

and it's not headed everyone's way anytime soon

and there are many, many, MANY more potential paying customers on existing platforms

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hey has anyone seen their latest financial report? I thought this is when they usually come out. 

They had a press release about their Token gimmick a few days ago. It was a good move not to post it on April 1. 

“We have always indicated that this blockchain project was a long term project by its nature. This first private presale campaign is a major milestone, and we are particularly pleased to launch with our partner ICICB”, added Frédéric Chesnais, CEO of Atari. “A new phase is starting for the ambitions of Atari to establish the Atari Token as a reference crypto-currency in our domain of interactive entertainment, and we will continue working on achieving the widest utilization possible for the Atari Token.“
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

^ Nah, I am currently stuck in home where i live (Canada) they are even blocking the roads to go to the next province (not to mention talk of closing booze stores), but i feel better than anyone holding any substantial amounts of Atari stock right now. I dont know how this situation is going to affect the Intellivision Amico, Atari VCS and the Coleco Chameleon. People could have used these game systems now in lockdown, instead they are getting aqainted with iPads and Android Tablets that they probably already own but threw down into the corner, not to mention some of these new console games are already the same ports of games on those platforms (mobile games)....
there are plenty of Escape games(pun intended) , puzzle games, unofficial retro remakes.
Atari is like an older woman turning 40, desperate hanging out at the bar hoping that some dude will take her home and knock her up, except she is too ugly even for alcohol to make a difference. This pet project just screams "please buy me, somebody please buy me!"

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1