IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

1338879618_Screenshot2020-04-02at9_03_09PM.thumb.png.f1fc2fbe233a3d6facade3b3d1a53a81.png

Tin Giant, Wyatt’s company, filed the lawsuit in federal court in Colorado, alleging breach of contract and defamation. Tin Giant said that Atari owes it in excess of $261,720.

Oh. Oh my. This couldn't have come at a more opportune time. The schadenfreude wells within me.

I do have to ask though: while there does appear to be a strong case against Atari for breach of contract (you know, not paying him for months), what exactly has Atari said publicly these last six months that could constitute defamation?

Everything I've seen said of Wyatt that could be seen as badmouthing came from IGG backers and AtariAge users alike, none of which AFAIK are currently employed by Atari or has stock in the company. Is there anything in the Medium articles or social media pages that could be seen as libel that I missed or didn't give a second thought to?

• Like 1

Perhaps since much of the bad mouthing was on the IGG page or on social media posts from Atari and since Atari never seems to defend him. That is the case for defamation. Basically the fact that they allowed these people to say what they did instead of preventing it? 

But most likely they caught saying not nice things to other people in the industry and it got back to him. Which really wouldn't surprise me. Because and I might be misremembering this but didn't our old Friend Feargal also claim they did this?

• Like 1

Xbox co-creator Rob Wyatt sues Atari for failing to pay him for design of VCS console
DEAN TAKAHASHI@DEANTAK APRIL 2, 2020 5:35 PM

Xbox co-creator Rob Wyatt has filed a lawsuit against Atari for failing to pay him for the design work he did in creating the Atari VCS console.

Tin Giant, Wyatt’s company, filed the lawsuit in federal court in Colorado, alleging breach of contract and defamation. Tin Giant said that Atari owes it in excess of $261,720.

Wyatt, a co-creator of the Xbox and cofounder of The Last Gameboard, is based in Boulder, Colorado, and he said in an interview last year that he quit as lead architect for Atari. He alleged that Atari did not pay his company, Tin Giant, for six months of work.

Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari, declined to comment in a statement, saying that he had not received a copy of the lawsuit yet. Atari has not developed a game console for more than 20 years. But the original plan for the VCS, first called Ataribox, was hatched by Feargal Mac Conuladh in 2017.

But Atari pressed the pause button on the Ataribox project and postponed preorders, and Mac Conuladh left. During the Game Developers Conference in March 2018, Atari said it had revived the project and that it had renamed the machine the Atari VCS. Chesnais said the machine was going to ship in 2019. But Atari missed those dates and then promised to ship this spring.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/04/02/xbox-co-creator-rob-wyatt-sues-atari-for-failing-to-pay-him-for-design-of-vcs-console/

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

Didn't hands-in-pants man actually sued Ataco originally for $800K or was that Feargal? 

Pretty sure that was Feargal.

5 hours ago, TACODON said:

Perhaps since much of the bad mouthing was on the IGG page or on social media posts from Atari and since Atari never seems to defend him. That is the case for defamation. Basically the fact that they allowed these people to say what they did instead of preventing it? 

But most likely they caught saying not nice things to other people in the industry and it got back to him. Which really wouldn't surprise me. Because and I might be misremembering this but didn't our old Friend Feargal also claim they did this?

The thing about social media and PR pages is that it's difficult to use that as means to convey that the entity in question encouraged it unless said entity actually directly did so. It would more likely prove Atari's negligence in how they handled this project more than anything. The only way he could reasonably prove that would be the IGG page, but only because of their choice censorship of comments if they didn't delete comments shittalking him.

The industry hearsay does seem the most likely reason. Atari SA seems to love carrying a canister of gas with each contractor they hire just for the sake of making it easier to burn that bridge when they have a falling out. I don't understand why they would want to do so when they know that they'll get served a lawsuit for not paying what they owe these people in the first place, but Atari has shown in recent years that they are a grossly incompetent company regardless of intent.

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well it seems like Tingiant changed their website (No more eggy sandwiches) I haven't been here in a while so maybe thats old news.

And wat in tarnation... LOL ?

watatari2.thumb.png.78331eb38165e7c3468396a5678e45e3.png

Prime position indeed! The chips sure do seem to be falling in the right places... ?

People are silly!

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Pink said:

Well it seems like Tingiant changed their website (No more eggy sandwiches) I haven't been here in a while so maybe thats old news.

And wat in tarnation... LOL ?

watatari2.thumb.png.78331eb38165e7c3468396a5678e45e3.png

Prime position indeed! The chips sure do seem to be falling in the right places... ?

People are silly!

I think a solid case could be made that this person is mentally incompetent and should not be allowed to manage their own finances.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I see that the VCShills are desperately trying to paint Venturebeat as "garbage," despite VB accurately laying out the filed court documents.

The Shills are also continuing to run interference for their favorite unethical company by making the false claim that the only reason the VCS isn't in their hands is due to The Virus...despite the fact that Atari should have already prototyped and begun the manufacturing process on the machine by the end of Summer 2019 for 11,000 working units to have arrived in the hands of backers by December. 

As we've long said, if you want something tangible in your hands now, go and buy a taco. I'd trust the taco place down the street that got temporarily shuttered over 49 health code violations over Atari at this point. 

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 2

Anybody who wants to have their own VCS now...  put a Pi4b into it and actually have something REAL that can play all Atari games up through Playstation and Dreamcast, use Chromium, play Netflix and pretty much anything that Atari thing can do... here is your starting point, please distribute this freely to anyone who's interested.    Full 3D model of the VCS case, but I made some improvements like a slot of an SD card to act like a cartridge and a few other things, yeah its still rough but its a great starting point.   Its the DIY VCS...

DIYVCS.zip

Final1.png

Final2.png

Final3.png

Final4.png

Power button3.png

Purple power button.png

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 11

21 minutes ago, Curt Vendel said:

Anybody who wants to have their own VCS now...  put a Pi4b into it and actually have something REAL that can play all Atari games up through Playstation and Dreamcast, use Chromium, play Netflix and pretty much anything that Atari thing can do... here is your starting point, please distribute this freely to anyone who's interested.    Full 3D model of the VCS case, but I made some improvements like a slot of an SD card to act like a cartridge and a few other things, yeah its still rough but its a great starting point.   Its the DIY VCS...

DIYVCS.zip 1.1 MB · 0 downloads

Final1.png

Final2.png

Final3.png

Final4.png

Power button3.png

Purple power button.png

This is great we need a case for a 3B+ too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

This is great we need a case for a 3B+ too!

The back panel can be reconfigured for any SBC.... I added a power button and holder in the top part so anyone can make a small tactile button board with an LED and connect a cable to the GPIO, update the OS with the power off patch and then you'd be able to properly power off/on the Pi's instead of cutting the power.   The SDCARD opening can accomodate all of the microSD to SD extenders so then you could remove and install whatever Boot Image you wanted on the fly....

I also gave the sides a more traditional VCS look vs the rounded one... the top section is also solid, the ribs going all the way over just looked stupid IMHO and I think this design is a little bit nicer over all...

I hope everyone likes it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, godslabrat said:

So, I just got blocked by Atari on FB.  Polymega has blocked me on Twitter.  For some reason, those scammers really don't like me.  Can't imagine why.

Polymega is a frustrating one for sure.  It seems like they have an actual product, but they keep setting deadlines that come and go with no explanation as to what happened.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agillig said:

Polymega is a frustrating one for sure.  It seems like they have an actual product, but they keep setting deadlines that come and go with no explanation as to what happened.  

They promised an IPad, designed an etch-a-sketch, and are pissed when people notice the difference.

• Like 2