IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

2 hours ago, tep392 said:

Here's a data point.  I work for a large corporation that manufactures and sells products in China.  Most of our China facilities reopened with functioning supply chains back on Feb 10th.  

Some companies will try to tell you it is uncertain over there. But yeah I've heard of some having no issues in manufacturing.

• Like 2

I never even pre-ordered an Atari VCS nor intend to buy one. ever. I have no horse in the game.  Regardless:

Dear Andrew Werner, would you kindly add me personally to your list of detractors or 'scumbag' list? That will clearly serve you well.  I am not a detractor to your non-existent product- but rather in opposition to your obvious social media tactics. Stop playing a victim or an injured fawn. Be a man. Don't play emotional cards like attempting to use bs like covid in your favor or chastising men for having a family. Maybe stop looking at pictures of their families and make a product. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Atari playing the "we can't make teh systems because of the plague"
This console should have been made loooong time ago ready to ship, but due to your shinnanigans you have nothing to show.

Meanwhile Apple somehow is just released a budget iPhone that brought back the Home button with Finger ID at a time when Face ID has gone down the drain because of mandatory face masks. It is like they knew something.. like stay away from folding phone tech and go low-tech again

So with a limited budget, if someone had a choice, would they pick an iPhone SE2 that can play games and everything else, or a console that has NO games and for all intents does not exist as of now, other that a few pictures in a factory and hotel. I'm tellin' y'all this is going to be another "Fake Moon Landing" conspiracy if this never ships.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, OCAT said:

Meanwhile Apple somehow is just released a budget iPhone that brought back the Home button with Finger ID at a time when Face ID has gone down the drain because of mandatory face masks. It is like they knew something.. like stay away from folding phone tech and go low-tech again

Didn't put the headphone jack back on it though. :P

58 minutes ago, OCAT said:

So with a limited budget, if someone had a choice, would they pick an iPhone SE2 that can play games and everything else, or a console that has NO games and for all intents does not exist as of now, other that a few pictures in a factory and hotel.

It depends on if they're stupid or not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, frankodragon said:

I'm guessing Atari is just going to cut all corners and just put out some crappy LCD game with earphone.  Not earphones...just one.

Other Toys - POP Station Game and Radio was sold for R1.00 ...

Well... they have the shell, and that's saving them considerable money right there.  

• Haha 2

Honestly, that F1 nutter is no different than sports "superfans." The "win, lose, or tie, _____ fan 'til I die" type.

They aren't rational, genuine fans, they're just herp derp followers. They're keepers of the faith, and will tolerate no criticism of the team or the front office no matter how richly deserved. They're the ones that keep buying season tickets despite consecutive losing seasons. They're the reason the Cubs could sell out Wrigley for over a century despite routinely being a laughingstock of a team for most of that time.

Real fans become attached to a team or any other product because of its qualities. Mindless brand loyalty is for morons. Loyalty to an empty brand name that doesn't even retain any meaning because it's been passed around like a bad penny is on a whole other level of stupid.

Edited by racerx
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/15/2020 at 5:35 AM, Agillig said:

LOL.  Werner's making a list, and checking it twice!  For those of you not on his scumbag list, what's your excuse?  But yeah, I'll double down on my scum baggery.  In spite of COVID 19, Polymega is shipping units to beta testers.   The virus is absolutely a very convenient excuse to cover Atari's incompetence.   They've been stalling for time since the get go, and this pandemic gives them a blank check to drag it out indefinitely.  

20200414_172908.jpg

?

tissue.gif.16b765f50d88c9fdfcd3cdd4c1c5b946.gif

I'm not on social media, so no photo's of kids for you!  Mind you, why would I be on your shit-list anyway?

innocent.gif.b4f8d059766cfce4b0a4cb98a67d5eff.gif

On 4/17/2020 at 12:53 AM, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Ah, Wanker regurgitates the ol' "Bad Fathers!" line again.  Of course, we're not the ones who are scouring the Facebook profiles of strangers and making lists of those people, then making sweeping assumptions about them. Why, that's not disgusting or bizarre at all Andrew, but a totally normal and healthy behavior on your part.

tenor.gif?itemid=10464204  

And yes, COVID-19 is an excuse. Not just because other products have been shipping right now, and factories in Wuhan have been open lately, but because if you knew the first thing about manufacturing, you would know that Atari should have been in production months before December and March hit.  If you really think that Atari could have begun production the same month that units were supposed to ship, then you're a even bigger idiot than I already took you for. 

nailedit.gif.cb0005110c769d8097d8ba120fcc8226.gif

11 hours ago, digdugnate said:

image.thumb.png.db5172edf9c654606e0d78c07db69c48.png

yawn, loud noises, something like that.

Jesus! Looks like JV got a leave pass from the Zoo.  He hasn't been on IGG for while, but appears to have jumped straight back on the angry horse. 

Mind you, we can turn him into a drinking game.  Have a drink every time he says "Tacoville" or "7th Grade". ?

yelling.gif.b1a329bfc4ae356821d2104393829690.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spriggy said:

?Mind you, we can turn him into a drinking game.  Have a drink every time he says "Tacoville" or "7th Grade". 

For maximum drunktitude throw in a drink for unnecessary use of quotes, ellipses, capitalization, and the use of the full ATARI VCS-800 appellation. For every "dudez" finish your drink.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, racerx said:

For maximum drunktitude throw in a drink for unnecessary use of quotes, ellipses, capitalization, and the use of the full ATARI VCS-800 appellation. For every "dudez" finish your drink.

Jesus.  We'll be f#cked in 5 minutes!

• Like 5

A 'jib' ?

I think it's the same thing as a henwai...

( Wait for it )

( Wait )

( Keep waiting )

( Any century now )

( Please fill out the v-card that came with our e-mail while you wait for the VCS to get released )

( Re-re-re-retictulating Splines )

( Operators are standing by )

( Hi I'm Julie, I'm your operator, I'm only standing 'cause these cheap [ BLEEP ] didn't give me a chair to sit in )

( Let's watch the progress bar some more )

( Fun fact - Progress bars are the work of a lesser devil from the fire pits )

( Julie again - If you call in the next 346512 nano seconds you'll recieve absoluetly free a gen-u-whine alalalalalauuuuuuminimimimininimin... tin foil can opener ) 

( Offer void everywhere... but the middle on nowhere )

( RETURN THE SLAB ! OR SUFFER MY CURSE ! )

( Okay now that, That's out of the way )

What's a henwai ?

Oh about 5 pounds... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woulfe said:

A 'jib' ?

I think it's the same thing as a henwai...

( Wait for it )

( Wait )

( Keep waiting )

( Any century now )

( Please fill out the v-card that came with our e-mail while you wait for the VCS to get released )

( Re-re-re-retictulating Splines )

( Operators are standing by )

( Hi I'm Julie, I'm your operator, I'm only standing 'cause these cheap [ BLEEP ] didn't give me a chair to sit in )

( Let's watch the progress bar some more )

( Fun fact - Progress bars are the work of a lesser devil from the fire pits )

( Julie again - If you call in the next 346512 nano seconds you'll recieve absoluetly free a gen-u-whine alalalalalauuuuuuminimimimininimin... tin foil can opener ) 

( Offer void everywhere... but the middle on nowhere )

( RETURN THE SLAB ! OR SUFFER MY CURSE ! )

( Okay now that, That's out of the way )

What's a henwai ?

Oh about 5 pounds... 

woosh (ish)

• Like 4