IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

That New Atari Console Ataribox?

It ain't so new now! The first post was on June 9th 2017, it has been 1066 days since and nothing is out.
By the time these things get to market they can sell them as genuine "Retro Consoles"

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, OCAT said:

It ain't so new now! The first post was on June 9th 2017, it has been 1066 days since and nothing is out.
By the time these things get to market they can sell them as genuine "Retro Consoles"

1066 days?

Atari is measuring time in weeks not months

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, OCAT said:

1066?

That was the Battle of Hastings, and the Bayeux tapestry... That explains this previously misunderstood bit, then....

hastings.thumb.jpg.efe08f7c51368c744ea1d728b50b17ce.jpg

• Haha 11

Behold fellow haters! Atari has released the AtariBox!

Star Trek Gowron GIF - StarTrek Gowron Nod GIFs

Well...a woodgrain box with an Atari logo on it, pre-loaded with some games and a PS2 controller, all for only $99.  

We should all bow our heads in shame as the company reclaims their birthright as Masters of the Gaming Universe.

Thats So Classic He Man GIF - ThatsSoClassic HeMan Classic GIFs

Of course, there are other options out there more competitive on the price, but since many a shill has claimed they just want something with an Atari logo on it, then the above should do the trick+allow you to "play Atari games" via HDMI and any of the computing options a VCS could do..

(H/T to PlaysWithWolves for the discovery)

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 10

I do enjoy the upvote downvote feature that IGG introduced though. It show me that many people are tired of the nonsense and are downvoting the shills but aren't commenting. Or at least Atari isn't manipulating those yet.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:19 AM, The Historian said:

To be clear, they banned one user and removed one post. But the post in question was 100% factual and Atari claimed it was attacking them. 

This was after publically statng they would not be doing any moderation, specifically saying they would not be deleting posts.

They broke their word and I removed them. Simple as that, no big mass banning and deletes by Atari..

Ah, okay. I was under the impression that Atari and their genius PR team was in complete control over the subreddit. Thanks for setting me straight on that. Still, it's quite telling of Atari right now that any legitimate criticism or questions over their "unconsole" thrown their way get deleted, claiming that they are being attacked.

On 5/2/2020 at 2:45 PM, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

While we wait on AtariVCS ? I guess we have those Atari TOKENS to grab during the PreSale ! Woke up to this Email this morning, Go get'em folks, they are now LIVE!!!!!! 

https://www.atarichain.com/

Some screen grabs from the site (in case you can't be bothered to go there ?

THAT'S RIGHT, THE PRESALE IS LIVE, GET'EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT! 

1.thumb.PNG.06294b6d7e00936745b03b14a8c36ba9.PNG

HERE WE SEE THEIR "NEW IDEAS" - WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL THEY HAVE ALWAYS DELIVERED ON THE OLD ONES BUT IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME !

2.thumb.PNG.57bf475ce4784dd01e8ed9a8d252b41c.PNG

AND HERE WE SEE THE OUTLINE OF THEIR "ROADMAP" - BECAUSE YOU KNOW, THEY WILL NEVER VEER OFF COURSE OR CRASH, OR CHANGE, OR DELAY ETC. ?

3.thumb.PNG.ef38f23d44120c3af270c5305f0a047d.PNG

AND FINALLY A FACT FOR YOUR QUESTIONS, BECAUSE YOU KNOW AS THEY HAVE PROVEN THEY LOVE TO GIVE ANSWERS, ALL KINDS OF ANSWERS THAT SOUND

SUPER HYPED AND POSITIVE, THAT IS UNLESS, YOU KNOW, YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ASKS THEM A QUESTION THAT THEY DON'T JUST IGNORE, SKIRT AROUND OR

JUST OUTRIGHT DELETE WITHOUT ANY REAL ANSWER AT ALL ??? 

4.thumb.PNG.0cb91ab6cef3f45b52f84b1eb945fe4e.PNG

There you have it folks, step right up, what are you waiting for? Come on, it's a sure thing! Hello? Anyone? ? ?

giphy.gif

I remember when DogeCoin started as a joke before becoming "legit" and then ripping off every single person who invested in it because they wanted to jump on the crypto bandwagon. The fact that these blurbs remind me of that scam already gives me bad vibes from this entire prospect (as if I needed more red flags from a "major project" by Atari SA).

While I'm at it: Atari is not only late to the cryptocurrency party, they don't understand what the party's about nor how to make an entrance to it. This reads out like an Onion or Hard Times article over digital currencies, not a legitimate introduction or proposition asking people to invest in their hot new currency. My mind is blown.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Behold fellow haters! Atari has released the AtariBox!

Star Trek Gowron GIF - StarTrek Gowron Nod GIFs

Well...a woodgrain box with an Atari logo on it, pre-loaded with some games and a PS2 controller, all for only $99.  

We should all bow our heads in shame as the company reclaims their birthright as Masters of the Gaming Universe.

Thats So Classic He Man GIF - ThatsSoClassic HeMan Classic GIFs

Of course, there are other options out there more competitive on the price, but since many a shill has claimed they just want something with an Atari logo on it, then the above should do the trick+allow you to "play Atari games" via HDMI and any of the computing options a VCS could do..

(H/T to PlaysWithWolves for the discovery)

Honestly, this is what the VCS should have been in the first place.  This would have sold fairly decently, especially if they found a way to package a couple classic controllers with it.  No one wanted an Atari box that could play PC games in low detail mode, or watch Netflix.   This would have filled the nostalgia thirst nicely.  This might interest some people, but  for most, Atari has burned all their good will. 

Edited by Agillig
  • Like 8

^^ The Atari team is banking on people wanting to invest good money in hair brained schemes, not a videogame system that plays shite games from yester year in HD. Atari plans to rebuild the economy with bitcoin gambling hotels.

The only thing I will invest is my foot up thier ***!

When this thing is on Liquidation for $50 like most other retro consoles i see in Walmart, then i will purchase to use as a cool looking mini-PC to dink around with.
I just got some big solid Chocolate bunnies at Walmart for 75c, so not many people are shopping, $8 chocolates are now $2, usually right after the Easter holliday this stuff is gone, they still have shelves of this stuff. If people will not pay $0.75 for chocolate, what chance does Atari have when no one will invest in stupidity now during 'Rona. (Keep safe)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

Honestly, this is what the VCS should have been in the first place.  This would have sold fairly decently, especially if they found a way to package a couple classic controllers with it.  No one wanted an Atari box that could play PC games in low detail mode, or watch Netflix.   This would have filled the nostalgia thirst nicely.  This might interest some people, but  for most, Atari has burned all their good will. 

Yeah, while it wouldn't have generated quite the hoop-la the VCS did, Atari's reputation (such as it was - they were still doing a lot of shady things prior to the 2017 announcement) would've been sparred the industrial-strength paper shredder they've put it through. 

13 hours ago, The Historian said:

Holy hell Werner's dead wrong. $600, will just about get you a low end VR capable pc these days... 

Talk about "doing research before you comment"... Practice what you're heading brother.

LOL, his ability to move the goal posts never ceases to amaze me.

Quick search for gaming PCs on Newegg.com in the $500-$750. Even the cheapest PC here absolutely destroys the VCS - any of them can do everything the VCS can & do it better.

The reality though is that this is going to only be looked as a console by the general public. Atari is too incompetent to market it as an every-man device (shown by how well they've handled "unconsole"), and after three years they still haven't figured out their target market and what to do with the thing once they've had a few crapped out from the Chinese factory.

When someone is looking to spend $300-$400 on a gaming device, they will always look at the Nintendo Switch, PS4 & XB1 first; Everyone also knows that more powerful options are headed their way by the end of the year (PS5/XSX/Maybe the Switch Pro), and will be saving their money for that, or buying discounted PS4s/XB1s.

• Like 4

On 5/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, frankodragon said:

image.png.3610728cd012066f4f663eb4a3cfd40e.png

Does he have some magical Math calculator? Is he saying the 100 Vault games somehow add that much value to the console? I think some will be very happy with it but I think calling it a steal is a bit of a stretch.

24 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Does he have some magical Math calculator? Is he saying the 100 Vault games somehow add that much value to the console? I think some will be very happy with it but I think calling it a steal is a bit of a stretch.

I disagree. Atari is totally stealing your money if you buy that.

• Haha 8