IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

3 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Someone should let them know the switch goes "up".

"up" is "OFF" in many countries, including mine.

I suspect "up" is OFF in France. This could explain things. Fred's wondering why nothing's happening.

• Thanks 1

This entire amateur hobby revival should have been called OFF from the get-go. As soon as anyone saw it was IndieGOGO and not KickStarter everyone should have been turned off from giving any money. There is a reason why KickStarter demands some form of working prototype. How hard would have it been to knock out a cheapo mini PC and shove it into a Custom 3D printed case for Kickstarter?

This is what happens when a mass of people have no self respect and hand over questionable sums of money. People complain about the %1 having all the wealth but they have no sense of self responsibility to spend their money. During this global health crisis I am sure if Apple had not closed thier doors people would still line up to buy the newest and greatest products even though the one they just bought 6 months ago is perfectly fine.
Don't give your money away without asking questions or reading the fine print. Dont buy crap, and if you must buy crap do what I do and wait until it is %75 Off.

Or maybe I am looking at this the wrong way, perhaps it is the backers who deserve the "backlash" and not Atari, They saw an oppertunity to fleece people willing to give away their money legally, and they took it!, Just like how SubWay made Billions from people who would rather spend $10 instead of making thier own sanwiches at home, not to mention all those people that pay $5, wait 20 minutes in line for a morning coffee when they could have made it at home for $1 in 60 seconds with a Pod machine and put it into the same fancy paper cups sourced from the Dollar store. I can see where Atari is coming from, it is easy to rip people off when you have no respect for them.

The only purpose of this turd is to allow Atari to proliferate thier trademark lawsuits to rake in cash.

Sandbox mode.

(Allegedly)

• Like 7

Anyone ever remember that guy who scammed IndieGOGO and got convicted?

Jeffrey Batio, he made all these fake renders for vaporware, some sort of Laptop that turns into a cellphone, tablet kitchen sink, Taco maker...
Dragonfly Futurefon. Now he is desperately trying to drag out his sentence hearing because of the global health crisis. He was found guilty on fraud and wire fraud charges because he spent the money on stuff not relating to the project. I am sure an Audit of Atari Indiegogo fund spending will not reveal any, shall I say
misappropriating of funds (Allegedly)

All I am saying is that if this "console" was just a ruse to sell Atari by increasing share value then maybe they can be sent to prison for fraud?
I still have not heard of any game devellopers for the system, seems kinda odd not to have anyone lined up so late in the game, just before release of the system

• Like 1

The ATARI Mod seems unusually active and is actually addressing questions from backers ... I suspect IGG May have given them a big kick in the pants.

The response about no more crowdfunding makes me wonder if IGG have made that decision for them ? LOL

Edited by Chopsus
  • Like 3

I guess I better issue an apolgy, Atari and backers, I am sorry I questioned the legitimacy of this project and speculated it would never come to market.
I was wrong, clearly this has been released but no one bothered to check the Walmart page. As this has already gotten glowing reviews;

Haters will hate
I am glad to see that atari is coming back with a new console. Atari made a big impact on a alot of childhoods. I have seen a lot of hate towards this new system, but I am not letting that change my opinion of the system. I hope that this will lead into more systems being made by Atari.

Atari is Back Baby!
This game system is absolutely incredible. The UI is stunning, simple, smooth and very easy to navigate. I played a few of the Atari pre loaded games as well as played around in the sandbox playing Steam games. They are fun, simple, back to basics games that everyone can play! The controllers are very comfortable to hold and built with quality. The Atari engineers really knocked it out of the park and I think this machine will surprise a lot of people and prove a lot of the haters wrong!
Atari my love
what a pleasure to be able to replay the games of my childhood I really hate, the console is less expensive than the competition

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If only 500 units are ever produced, that means each console cost $6,000 to make. That sounds about right for an inept group of incompetent boobs.
Will this be the next Atari "Air Raid" collectable?

This is why I don't trust anyone.
Someone offers me food, I assume it has been peed on.
Someone wants to sell me a demo car for cheap? Already accidented 3 times.
Beautiful woman approaches me? Gold digger that has mistaken me for a lottery winner.

After this burn I expect all the backers to become just as cynical as I, next console crowdfund show up in E_mail? (((TRIGGERED!!!)))

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, OCAT said:

If only 500 units are ever produced, that means each console cost $6,000 to make. That sounds about right for an inept group of incompetent boobs.
Will this be the next Atari "Air Raid" collectable?

This is why I don't trust anyone.
Someone offers me food, I assume it has been peed on.
Someone wants to sell me a demo car for cheap? Already accidented 3 times.
Beautiful woman approaches me? Gold digger that has mistaken me for a lottery winner.

After this burn I expect all the backers to become just as cynical as I, next console crowdfund show up in E_mail? (((TRIGGERED!!!)))

... I tend to think the same, no more IGG or Fraudstarter for me ... if the product is THAT goo it will make it to market without me and I will buy it then.

going by the Walmart page, backers are paying $50 more than preorders - that sucks and proves crowd funding is a con

6 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

I noticed they're now saying the VCS is comparable to the PS4 after previously saying it was more like the Switch:

1061433288_Screenshot2020-06-0513_33_56.thumb.png.e0143954007f953d4bbe21d3c30d2524.png

also Atari's now taking swipes at IGG:

618394376_Screenshot2020-06-0512_04_18.thumb.png.a4039fb3bcc3721a02bbd9ac100aea96.png

Pretty sure the PS4 slim can run Borderlands 2 at a full framerate

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

I noticed they're now saying the VCS is comparable to the PS4 after previously saying it was more like the Switch:

1061433288_Screenshot2020-06-0513_33_56.thumb.png.e0143954007f953d4bbe21d3c30d2524.png

also Atari's now taking swipes at IGG:

618394376_Screenshot2020-06-0512_04_18.thumb.png.a4039fb3bcc3721a02bbd9ac100aea96.png

There's no performance difference between the PS4 Slim and the standard PS4, so the fact that someone would specifically use "PS4 Slim" when talking about performance tells me they don't know what they're talking about.

"...but it is more powerful than Switch and comparable to Taco Bell Limited Edition Gold PS4..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, OCAT said:

This is what happens when a mass of people have no self respect and hand over questionable sums of money.

People complain about the %1 having all the wealth but they have no sense of self responsibility to spend their money. 

Kind of have to chime in here and give another POV being at least in the ~10%. I'm an OG backer of the new VCS/800/400 (or whatever it's called now) and never really knew the difference between IGG v. Kickstarter and each's hurdle / barrier to entry. Of course, now I do, and would never ever ever back anything but a Kickstarter campaign going forward. I assume many are in the same boat as me and much more to the wise after this whole Atari IGG debacle! At this point, just hoping for working controller [not holding my breath] and putting more of my eggs in the Amico for now.

• Like 3

Kickstarter is full of frauds too ... whilst a working prototype is required for entry, many of these are faked ... look at GearEye tracking tool, 3 years and nothing and the prototype was the creator running around on video pretending it worked ... a complete scam IMHO.

no more crowd funding for me, unless for compassionate/donation reasons.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kaboomer said:

Kind of have to chime in here and give another POV being at least in the ~10%. I'm an OG backer of the new VCS/800/400 (or whatever it's called now) and never really knew the difference between IGG v. Kickstarter and each's hurdle / barrier to entry. Of course, now I do, and would never ever ever back anything but a Kickstarter 

dude its the same thing, kickstarter just requires you to have an example, it could be a pocket calculator in a cardboard box... cha ching kickstarted! Not that its any of my concern what you piss your money away on, but FFS quit pissing it away on wishes and promises for crap that doesnt exist 

I swear there's one born every day

Edited by Osgeld
  • Sad 1