IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

2 hours ago, godslabrat said:

You're not wrong.  And the looks of it are actually the least of my reservations about the project.

Kind of taboo to say on this page, but I agree.  Doesn't appear to be a scam, but uh...hmmm.  Not really sure I agree with TT about the niche it's supposed to fill.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, OCAT said:

^^ What appliance do you see when you look at the Amico Intellivision?

The woodgrain one looks like some kind of kitchen appliance, like a Foreman grill or something.

Back on topic, could this be true?

Is "atari" finally delivering to the most loyal of their sycophants? Weird if true

Screenshot_20200620-225121~2.png

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, OCAT said:

^^HAHA, yes I did make that typo, I did say I was tired! -_- it is a hot 34 (93) where i am now!
I wish I had more FANs right now, just like Atari.
I saw that video and the Atari Creep from Youtube, a die hard fan pointed out that the kid playing the VCS demo had a controller that is wired, but that the wire is looping around the back of the VCS unit before it is connected. This is directly out of the Mike Kennedy playbook minus the electrical tape.

Need more fans? Here you go:

11 hours ago, Yarzzz said:

The woodgrain one looks like some kind of kitchen appliance, like a Foreman grill or something.

Is "atari" finally delivering to the most loyal of their sycophants? Weird if true

We'll know for sure if we keep our eyes on YouTube.

11 hours ago, Yarzzz said:

You know you can trust David Price's opinion when he says it's better "by far" than the two ridiculously high-powered, next-generation consoles that aren't yet available.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, jamm said:

You know you can trust David Price's opinion when he says it's better "by far" than the two ridiculously high-powered, next-generation consoles that aren't yet available.

Yes that's a very odd and suspect thing to say. Who is David Price? Is he a gaming journalist? One of the supposed 500 developers?

15 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

Yes that's a very odd and suspect thing to say. Who is David Price? Is he a gaming journalist? One of the supposed 500 developers?

Do we even have real confirmation anything was shipped and delivered? I somehow doubt even that basic first step.

• Like 7

It's far more likely that, whoever he is, David Price was sitting at home the other night getting ridiculously high, started comparing his Atari 5200 to his Magnavox Odyssey, and then went on a delusional posting spree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

I assumed they were just trolling to force Atari to respond.

My barely awake brain dyslexically misread this as:

I assumed they were just trolling to get The ATARI FORCE to respond.

(Now I'm laughing as I drink  my coffee :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, jamm said:

Most of his other posts there are downgraded by others so I wouldn't doubt he's just fibbing.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, OCAT said:

^^ What appliance do you see when you look at the Amico Intellivision?

I see a foot massager xD

amicofoot.jpg

footmassage.jpg

footmassager2.jpg

Controllers look like Sandisk MP3 players

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

I'll tell ya I thought the Amico was definitely the Ugliest Ass console I'd ever seen,   until they announced the release of the PS5...Sony!  What in bloody Hell is That??

The thing looks like a plastic tulip met an electronic taco, while watching a weird contraption from Adam & Eve.com late at night at a bad modern art museum...(And not in the good way)

PS5-Enhanced-Edition-Console-Hardware-sc

Now the thing about the Amico is this:

It may look like an open box foot massager bought at a flea market, but it plays retro games!  (Retro being used correctly here, for those who worry about words too much)...And

I don't know if I like the controller,  I could give two rat tails about couch co-op, and the words Family Friendly make me wanna hurl,  ...  But I want one!

I like new "old style" games, and modern versions of classics...

I don't want a PS5 because I'm not too into modern games...And I don't want whatever Atari is doing now because that's like lesser versions of no longer modern games that don't run right (allegedly)...

So for me,  a new console has to be Retro or play Classic games.

I look forward to Omni, I pre-ordered an NT Mini Noir, and I already own a Phoenix.  I'll check out the Amico and might even pick up an Evercade in the future, but I'm pretty sure I'm not Atari's target audience...

Other things I like are Games,  Quality, and Consoles that I know will exist...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

^ Ya, that PS5 looks like some Emo Teen Vampire Avenger Time travel design they got goins on.
I thought that the Dev Kit Spaceship was a really nice piece to look at.
As for those claiming to have the VCS? Don't worry, Cheeseguy would be the first person to brag about the VCS being shipped, he lives for this kinda thing, Just like Mike Kennedy, they enjoy Bragging about feats. CHeeseguy probably walks around all day "I'm the Atari Guy" I'm the Atari STUD, looks into the mirror every morning "I'm the Atari Hunka Hunka Hunka!"
These 2 guys (David Price AND David Mccarthy) is just a Nobody Zealous Fanatic (one person with 2 accounts) who is finally losing his sanity waiting, I have visited the Reddit thread, it took about 1 minute of reading before I got sick of the Toxic environment. The mods there are worse than the leaders of some of the worst Dictatorships in the world. I have seen reply's to a reply get deleted, I mean why bother even leaving the thread? Just nuke it. The mods there only allow the most loyal Fanatics to post praise about Atari.
I can't wait until this thing fails hard, I really want to see how those Fanatics will spin this.
(Allegedly)
ps5.jpg

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 2

Addenum, When I said that comment about the PS5, I was not trying to offend anyone's life style choice, but the things looks like it was made as a show piece. Or something Lady GAGA would wear.

At least Atari's extended Procrastination will give Taco Tallarico the chance to have the spotlight all to his Amico launch enabling him to carve out his niche early on. I doubt Atari will have anything ready to ship by fall, or next Decade.

ladygoogoo.jpg

ps5small.jpg

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 2